GAME DAY - Eels vs Sea Eagles [Round 1, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm off for the night can't look at this. My missus thought I was trying to blow up the tv with my mind

Foz is gone with a hammy - stress does that to you.:sweating:
Gutho maybe worse off with an ACL - sending the love.:inlove:

Matai and Ferris can't come back fast enough.

Good first half effort - then zilch.:(

Onward and upward - Brookie will be rocking next Saturday! :shake:

For a team reputed to have the best backline we certainly don't know how to defend. Jamie had a shocker, and our wingers - particularly Hiku - haven't a clue when marking up. Yes, we were disrupted because of the Gutherson injury, but most of the blame for the pissiling is down to poor backline defence.
And one minor observation: Why are our kickoffs so repetitive? Why not try a short kick off? Or a trick shot now and again?

The backs were running backwards half the night because the forwards were getting rolled. But I rate Taufua more than Blair, and Matai was out. With our full strength backline we'd have defended a lot better than that.

Said in an another thread I'd be happy if we didn't play like a directionless rabble… and we played like a directionless rabble.
We had an opportunity tonight to stand up and change the narrative that's been dogging us for a while now: team on the slide, weak forwards, disharmony, etc. Instead we just added more fuel to the fire. Really disappointing. It's not like the Eels threw much at us, either, but they pretty much scored at will.
On the positive side: Leary had a real go and I thought Luke Burgess was putting in, too. And Nami Lui looked okay. As for the halves, I thought Foran looked pretty good, had some good touches and tried his guts out until he - inevitably, it seems - did his hammy. Cherry looked completely lost. His head just wasn't in the game, and it hasn't been for a long time. I know the kid's under a lot of pressure but it's really starting to show.

Geez that was disappointing ! Only blessing for me was I missed most of the second half after chucking the remote at the tele after the Foran forward pass and the soft as penalty after the DeGois run from dummy half. Mrs Battler went off to bed calling me names, so went outside to talk to the dog for 60 minutes. Starting to think Matai is our best back and go forward man at the same time. Will be at Brookvale next Saturday, hoping for something / anything to make me feel good about this club again.

Only good I could take out of that was Burgess and Lui. Woeful performance all round. Back pedalling all night in defence, crazy stuff.

The only other positive is if Foran has signed for Parra at least we don't have to worry about his efforts over the next couple of months as we are forced to see what life post Foz is going to be like.

Seeing that Cherry-Evans interview confirms in my mind he is gone. Body language was horrible. Just a matter of when he decides to man up and announce it.

What car? Give details
Ok i'll level, it's not brand new, and it's not a car... i got a 3 yr old ute. A D-max even! But i'm stoked and the wife LOVES it. So no matter what, i win cos she loves it. I knew i'd find that long lost testosterone somewhere haha!!!

Anyways...... I'll put it on record: i always liked Cherry, along with Foran. I wish he/they signs with us. I will also note, i along with everyone else hate the way he/things have carried on in the last few months. It's not Manly. It's not how i grew up with the game. I thought they'd be the future of our club and the bridge between our playing generations. So i absolutely know how most of you want him gone no matter what. In the perfect world, i wish both halves signed the first week after their holidays, saying 'hell yeah i'll play for this club always'. If they go, then i'm actually ok too... it's gone on far too long and i guess players don't have the same lifelong commitment and love for a club as fans do these days.

PS good to see Josh Perry being Manly through and through even in retirement. (yes i know he's in the golden eagles)

Boy, we are going to have to improve dramatically to maintain the reputation of Fortress Brookvale.
A directionless rabble was an apt description.
I thought Feliti Potato was supposed to add some spark?

It might be only round 1 but there really does seem to be some massive shortcomings in our side.

Firstly, the forwards. Has the game really just come down to how big your forwards are ? I hope not. Not because we just don't happen to have the biggest pack. But because it reduces what is a great game to battle of the scales.

Second, our defensive structure and the lack of communication out wide. It looked like our guys had just met each other. Parra pretty much scored at will and as I posted at half time, had we not had 60% of possession, we would have gotten rolled much earlier than we did.

I can't remember starting a season with more injuries than we have and to make things worse Gutho and Foz look to be gone for more than a week or two.

Tooves is going to need to come up with some answers pretty fast or this is going to a very long season.

Seeing that Cherry-Evans interview confirms in my mind he is gone. Body language was horrible. Just a matter of when he decides to man up and announce it.

He has nothing really 2 announce we have withdrawn his offer so I couldn't give a **** what his announcement is he either starts playing like a test player or he ****s of now and same for his mate.

The 1st half was very even but once they got early points in the 2nd, their confidence grew. From that point, just about everything they tried came off.

The injuries before and during the game had a huge impact and as much as they tried, it wasn't their night.

Ok i'll level, it's not brand new, and it's not a car... i got a 3 yr old ute. A D-max even! But i'm stoked and the wife LOVES it. So no matter what, i win cos she loves it. I knew i'd find that long lost testosterone somewhere haha!!!

Anyways...... I'll put it on record: i always liked Cherry, along with Foran. I wish he/they signs with us. I will also note, i along with everyone else hate the way he/things have carried on in the last few months. It's not Manly. It's not how i grew up with the game. I thought they'd be the future of our club and the bridge between our playing generations. So i absolutely know how most of you want him gone no matter what. In the perfect world, i wish both halves signed the first week after their holidays, saying 'hell yeah i'll play for this club always'. If they go, then i'm actually ok too... it's gone on far too long and i guess players don't have the same lifelong commitment and love for a club as fans do these days.

PS good to see Josh Perry being Manly through and through even in retirement. (yes i know he's in the golden eagles)
Good on you Eggson ! I never thought the day would come, but I am starting to think there are other things in life than supporting Manly, that can make you happy!

Only good I could take out of that was Burgess and Lui. Woeful performance all round. Back pedalling all night in defence, crazy stuff.

The only other positive is if Foran has signed for Parra at least we don't have to worry about his efforts over the next couple of months as we are forced to see what life post Foz is going to be like.

Thought DCE was ok. Indicated he needed to sort out his situation for the sake/ respect for his teammates. Sounds like he has understood the point Manly has tried to make!

I did manage to sneak away from my holiday crew and listen to 2gb. It was horrible as is what's going on at the club atm.
The million dollar boys did not click and now Foz is injured.
I heard DCE might announce signing elsewhere tomorrow. Great timing Cherry.
Gift is doing great at the bunnies. He should still be with us. The way Choc has behaved towards the club has been infuriating but he should still be with us too.
Bad decision to cut Gift. It has led to what happened on the field today.
The only positives is that it's round 1, not 16. We have heaps of injuries, even more now. They'll heal and Manly will perform much better than they did tonight later this season.
Whatever happens with the halves Manly will rebuild and get back to what we should be - a unified squad playing for each other.
i'm in for the ride.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8