GAME DAY - Manly v Bulldogs [Round 1, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A great start to the season coming up with a gutsy and brilliant try scoring effort against the dogs then a streak of wins to come. Wahoooo lets kick it and rip it.

Why Manly is a little different when it comes to how to speak!!!? We are up against it in round one. Actually we have absolutely no chance of winning. it is a.completely impossible task, the dogs are just too strong. The dogs are most formidable pack in the NRL. An experienced team who have played in 2 of the last 4 grand finals. There roster is settled and relatively unchanged in the off season, they will start the season with most of there team having played along side one another for years. They know one another's game inside out. The dog coach described as a genius, one of, if not the best in the business, he has already coached two premiership winning teams, and steered his team to play on grand finals 5 times within 8 years. He knows one thing and that is how to win.

Us on the other hand. We are coming off a year to foeget, in which more the half the teams in the compition, finished above us at seasons end.

Off the field our club has been in crisis, mass sackings and departures everywhere.

We are a rabble, new players who have just been thrown together.

A coach who is untried, untested, is an NRL rookie, he has never even coach one single game of football at NRL level.

Folks we are Manly. Every game from now on in is just another which we have absolutely no, no chance to win:)))))))))))

I think we owe the Dog's big time. Not won in the last 5 meetings against them is it? In that time we've had the Reynolds dive, the ball hitting the ref on our 20 giving them the set of 6 in golden point overtime, even last year in the first meeting we were on top for long periods and couldn't get the job done and they went down the other end and scored.

Here's hoping give them what's been coming for a long time. :punch:

I thought klemmer went to the judiciary pleading not guilty.

Don't the players have to choose?

Either not guilty, or a downgrade.

I didn't realise they could go in pleading not guilty, be found guilty but then have the panel reduce the severity.

Or have I missed something in the news?

Or is it once again, the greenburg effect?

I'm not pitchfork and torches annoyed, just curious.

I thought klemmer went to the judiciary pleading not guilty.

Don't the players have to choose?

Either not guilty, or a downgrade.

I didn't realise they could go in pleading not guilty, be found guilty but then have the panel reduce the severity.

Or have I missed something in the news?

Or is it once again, the greenburg effect?

I'm not pitchfork and torches annoyed, just curious.
It's always been this way GE.:rolleyes:

Just like in a Court. You plead that you are not guilty of a higher charge, lack of proof exonerates you of that but is sufficient proof of a lesser crime.@:cool:

Apparently Klemmer 'tripped' into Bromwich's leg. Great Counsel :nod:

Just like in a Court. You plead that you are not guilty of a higher charge, lack of proof exonerates you of that but is sufficient proof of a lesser crime.@:cool:

Always? sheesh, I must be losing touch with my aussie roots and getting forgetful!!

(being innocent my whole life means I don't know how you crims operate! lol)

I think we owe the Dog's big time. Not won in the last 5 meetings against them is it? In that time we've had the Reynolds dive, the ball hitting the ref on our 20 giving them the set of 6 in golden point overtime, even last year in the first meeting we were on top for long periods and couldn't get the job done and they went down the other end and scored.

Here's hoping give them what's been coming for a long time. :punch:
We also lost watmough due to suspension in the '14 semi against the dogs.

Apparently didn't quite operate in that order. He was found guilty of the charge and then Counsel sought a downgrade.

Late, highly dangerous, no arms, torpedo tackle.
"There were suggestions Klemmer was so outraged by an earlier tackle on one of his teammates, he was overheard threatening to break someone’s legs. When asked about those claims on Wednesday night, Klemmer said it was a ‘’false allegation’’."

The Greenberg effect.

"Klemmer was joined by coach Des Hasler, whose past four trips to the judiciary have now resulted in two downgrades and one not guilty finding."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...g/news-story/cbb193bf3ed8229a8c8afbc1b3a11be9

msn
link: http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugb...-the-bulldogs/ar-BBq25a2?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=iehp

Huge blow for the Bulldogs

Bulldogs fullback Brett Morris will undergo knee surgery on Monday and is in danger of missing the first month of the NRL season.

The news comes just seven days before the Bulldogs take on Manly in their season opener at Brookvale.

Morris had stem cell surgery in the off-season, but the revolutionary procedure didn't work.

The State of Origin back could miss more than the first four rounds of the competition according to Channel Seven reporter Liam Cox.

Morris was restricted to just 14 games in 2015 as a series of knee and hamstring injuries kept him from the pitch.

Even when he did manage to play, Morris says he was struggling towards the end of games and often ended up "on one leg."

But offsetting good news for @Eelectric. Brett Morris's revolutionary stem cell treatment on his knee has failed. Needs another knee op. Out for 4+ weeks.
https://twitter.com/7NewsSydney/status/703125023003795456

My Santa Claus , thank you.

Watching Des interviewed post-game R1 will be interesting. Never a dull moment with him. One of my favourites. Probably safe to assume there are mixed feelings here re subject matters related to this.

Huge blow for the Bulldogs.. and often ended up "on one leg."

@EaglesDontTweet fortunately for both R1 teams, they'll have another Origin player, (former Manly fullback Hoppa) to replace Morris. How lucky is Des ?

Last edited:
Morris could get a knee transplant from his twin, now that would be a revolutionary procedure.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4