GAME DAY - Manly v Cowboys [Round 19, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can clearly See tonight how far we are off the pace with the top sides. We Pretty much have our top side on the field tonight however the Cowboys forwards are simply too powerful for us and are also better drilled.

Our right side defence has been terrible all year, and it comes from being dominated by the forwards up the middle. Manly play a jammed in defence, and if the opposition get a couple of quick play the balls and you have thurston to take advantage of that Manly get caught out. We dont have the speed out wide to turn and cover

I can't recall Tom making one era in attack or defence.

Petal comes In because he is an international and plods about like a hurricane, destroying everything he approaches. Never been a more apt nickname than Sloth.

Hiku is camped in 20 metres for some reason, thats why the Cows look good :mad:

Lets hope that 2v smashes them with a wooden spoon and they come out invigorated :)

Our wingers really struggle with a bomb. It's a big weakness still. Cowboys are solid but we have to get our act together or this will.blow out

I'm not joking. I think it was Mateo who played the ball. He was standing basically on the try line when he played it. Hodges was under a ton of pressure for no reason.
So it was Mateo's fault that Hodges just throws the ball to noone?

lol rigggghhhht Hodges was true to form throwing dud passes

I haven't read every post until this point.

But can someone please explain a few things to me ?

Why does Hiku defend 20 metres in from touch with a man on the sideline ? Even an idiot like me can see what's going to happen. It's cost us 12 points SO FAR. I'm betting he hasn't learned anything so stay tuned for more of the same in the second half.

Hodges can go back to NSW Cup. Korisau can't get here fast enough. That pass out of dummy half with 2 minutes to go will f*#&in' do me. How hard is it to hit a man ?

We're second best. And by a fair margin too. The only try we scored was opportunistic......and that's being kind.

Season on the line against a top 4 team and all we get is soft soft and soft, not even a little false hope fresh out of the sheds spark, aggression and enthusiasm for the first 15mins to get the crowd into the game. Toovey should be ripping more than door hinges on that offering.

I can't recall Tom making one era in attack or defence.

Petal comes In because he is an international and plods about like a hurricane, destroying everything he approaches. Never been a more apt nickname than Sloth.

Game against Cowboys, drops 1st bomb of the game, they score. Also drops the ball over the line after the intercept

A few weeks back as well people were all over Tom T for not staying on his wing as tries were scored down there ...

Our right side defence has been terrible all year, and it comes from being dominated by the forwards up the middle. Manly play a jammed in defence, and if the opposition get a couple of quick play the balls and you have thurston to take advantage of that Manly get caught out. We dont have the speed out wide to turn and cover

This

I said on here before the game Hiku is not a winger, his not a bad player, he just shouldn't play on the wing
Agree, I'll go one further he is just lazy, too many breaks n tries all on his side of the field, he has just about worn out his welcome with me...he just takes the lazy option rather than busting his ass...frustrating !! its a poor attitude like his why we are sitting in 13th imo.

Our compressed defensive structure is poor and not working. JT has just toyed with it, starting with that first early wide kick behind the line. Then numerous decoy runners, pass out the back, run around our slow outside. Too easy.

When Jake T goes off, our middle becomes notably softer and their forwards get good momentum. We fall off tackles and fail to put them on their backs.

Jorge started the rot with his tentative high bomb attempted take at the very start. What happened to the happy confident Jorge of recent weeks.

Foran... Yep, we definitely dodged a bullet with all that contract saga this year. To think we could have been paying him huge bucks and lost DCE.

Our last tackle options in the attacking zone has been woeful barring one brilliant long kick by DCE that stopped in goal. Having said that, our kick chase has been very poor, again barring once when Foran got up on Coote.

Lol every try within 40m of Hiku is his fault ?

He isn't having a great game, but if both eyes could be opened and a bit of analysis poured over the tries, most of them he is left is an impossible situation by the inside men

Always read "can't he just stay out on his winger", well half the time if he does that there is a 2nd rower or centre that scores untouched and then the calls would come about a lazy winger no doubt ...

When we have the same things being said about the 3 wingers who have played outside Lyon the last couple of seasons, then surely that shows that it is more than just an issue of 1 guy not being able to play, we get outstripped of numbers far too easily on that side of the park, which is also the natural attacking side for every team too
So its Lyons fault then?? Hiku doesnt contest for balls. I agree he is not a winger he is a slow centre at best.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8