GAME DAY - Manly v Cowboys [Round 19, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One thing that was proved again tonight,Manly kept the best half.Foran tries hard and I'd probably prefer him to stay but he is not a chief playmaker.His best work is done from 10-20 metres out with BStewarts assistance

That should put an end to anymore optimistic posts about us reaching the 8. If by some miracle we do jag it, we'll be knocked out in the first week. We friggin gave up in that 2nd half. Absolute disgrace.

Far from acceptable but early in the piece I thought we might be shot by about 50 nil. Could have been a lot worse. I think we maintain 13th?
The Manly players need to practise catching balls in all conditions. I'd be hosing footies at training and hurling them at them. The error count really enabled the red hot cowgirls. Usually Manly control JT quite well. Just gave him too much ball. Damn!

Dear Manly,
Please win your next 7 games.
Thank you.

If I'm allowed let me interject

He is a Max loving troll
He wants the Penn's to fail miserably
It's clearly a politically driven troll
He wants replies you're just giving them to him, he's winning
Just ignore him

I thought that our forwards were playing in a different game tonight. The errors were many and we seem to be shooting ourselves in the foot and we seem to be our own worst enemy. We seem to be loosing our games farther than the other side beating us. It's the only way I can explain it after I travelled all the way down from Gladstone in Qld to watch my beloved team cut their own throats.No consistency in our side whatsoever. It's a waste of time bagging each player when the whole team won't work as one. I will be staying home next week.

There was effort, but really, the boys were never in this game. They seemed 2 gears down on the Cowboys intensity for much of the game. Very disappointing, when there was so much to play for. Several players will be moved on and it is not so hard to guess who. Major shake up required and that includes Tooves. Love him, but we aren't coming back under his coaching. It's the rebuild we should have started 2 years ago.
Thank god for the efforts of Jake this year...a truly good news story and set for a fantastic future with his brother.
That's it for me in 2015-I have had enough now. I feel sorry or those putting in for 80 minutes

They looked so much fitter than us,.and there line speed killed us.what really stood out was they played what was in front of them, We kept using the same **** play. We have so much talent in our back line. just play footy boys.Forget the second man play.

Shocker of a game..f*cking shocker of a season. I've never seen a manly team play as bad as this one. Looking forward to a fresh start next year. Hopefully they will all play as a team and play for each other and the pride of manly.. Like the real manly teams of old.
This just ain't good enough

@SeaEagles: Update on DCE injury..has a left shoulder injury and will have scans tomorrow..we will advise more once known
Triple m Andrew johns thinks it is a torn pec. Ice was strapped to his pec not shoulder. If torn pec he is out for 12 months apparently. Here's hoping it's a shoulder

I thought that our forwards were playing in a different game tonight. The errors were many and we seem to be shooting ourselves in the foot and we seem to be our own worst enemy. We seem to be loosing our games farther than the other side beating us. It's the only way I can explain it after I travelled all the way down from Gladstone in Qld to watch my beloved team cut their own throats.No consistency in our side whatsoever. It's a waste of time bagging each player when the whole team won't work as one. I will be staying home next week.

For that effort, I'm awarding grassy the 3 points in the 3-2-1.
Best effort of the night.

They're just not Manly. The Manly team I've known for decades now show up and put in. Players from tonight I would describe as Manly: B. Stewart, S. Matai, J. Lyon, D. Cherry Evans, F. Mateo, J. Trbojevic.
Not good enough.

It wouldn't be 12 months but it would be long term (Luke Keary did his significantly in the 9's last year and was back a good 6-8 weeks before finals).

If it is a torn pec, depends on the severity of the tear. Could be long term like Kearys, or could be like Todd Carneys - 6-8 weeks. Season over regardless. He did play on for abit after doing it so heres hoping that's a sign it wasn't too major.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8