GAME DAY - Manly v Sharks [Round 26, 2015] Fanning Round

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Saw Tooves in his presser. Sad day tbh, and he's right about the ancillary staff.

You know what guys, he may be back.
Hope you're right. I certainly teared up watching that. Love the little bloke and loved seeing Jake beside him.
Hope to see ya involved with Manly sometime in the not-too-distant future Tooves!

Despite the horrible season, there were still some wins to savour. Two against Melbourne plus today's effort; the demolition jobs on the Titans, Warriors, Brisbane and Souths; the come from behind win against the Snot Machine and solid wins at home against the Tigers, Knights and the Dame Joan Sutherland Narks.

It could have been much better, but it could also have been much worse.

Isn't this hilarious cronulla playing for a top 4 with a packed house and can't get over the most hated and successful side in the comp that decided to play for pride today . I'm off to bed with a sly grin .talk tomorrow.

Did anyone see Flanagan presser fancy him having a go at us for niggling and slowing down the play the ball this coming from a guy who has Ennis in the team fmd what a knob. The only thing missing from today was someone knocking out Ennis. He goes very quiet when they get beaten

Possibly, I haven't seen his YouTube highlights clip.

I prefer to comment based on watching full games of footy.

On the ball there aren't we chief, sense of humour intact......

Toovey's comment, " The coaching staff have had so much success over the last decade and for some reason this is being broken up" was a great and final way to stick the middle finger up in defiance of the treatment he received this year and I loved how he also passed the baton onto to young Jake, that was so nice!

Do you think it was no coincidence he had Jake in there with him tonight? To pass the Manly/Northern Beaches baton over to him - so to speak.

I think

it might have been, he did say that as long as local boys like Jake were representing the Sea Eagles we were in good hands.

I think you could be right.. and to be fair, Tooves has valid reasons to assume that the "Manly" in Manly might well be in threat with Barrett and his cronies coming on board next year. Here's hoping the team can revolve around the Turbos, Gutherson and DCE in the future.

I think you could be right.. and to be fair, Tooves has valid reasons to assume that the "Manly" in Manly might well be in threat with Barrett and his cronies coming on board next year. Here's hoping the team can revolve around the Turbos, Gutherson and DCE in the future.
The Turbos and Gutho and a few of our 20s team are our future mixed with DCE and some quality imports and we will do just fine. The spirit we saw today is evidence that we might be down but never ever out!

The Sharks attacking game makes them look more like Gummies. Our normally brittle edge defence handled them easily. I'm sorry but they will never get anywhere so long as Paul Gallen continues taking 2 hit ups just about every set. More than once today the ball should have gone out to the backline on the 4th, only for Gallen to make another hit up and kill any advantage they might have. Sure he made a game high 222 metres, but what value was it?

The Sharks take on the Vermin next week. Even an out of form Souffs should beat them.

Didn't any see any tweets from the club thanking Tooves ?? Or even one acknowledging his efforts over 30 years ?? I see they found the time to send one to Jarryd Hayne congratulating him for making a 53 man roster in some nuffie sport on the other side of the world this morning, but couldn't find time to mention one of Manly's finest ever in his last game. Pathetic.

Thank you Tooves, and I mean REALLY thank you. I have appreciated everything you've done in your Manly career, on and off the field, you are rightly one of the greats of this fine club. Classy and passionate to the end. Enjoy your break.

Didn't any see any tweets from the club thanking Tooves ?? Or even one acknowledging his efforts over 30 years ?? I see they found the time to send one to Jarryd Hayne congratulating him for making a 53 man roster in some nuffie sport on the other side of the world this morning, but couldn't find time to mention one of Manly's finest ever in his last game. Pathetic.

Thank you Tooves, and I mean REALLY thank you. I have appreciated everything you've done in your Manly career, on and off the field, you are rightly one of the greats of this fine club. Classy and passionate to the end. Enjoy your break.
Well said, mate.

I concur, pathetic from the club. A ****ing disgrace in fact. If ever I was in doubt about renewing or not renewing my membership, this has just confirmed it.

Highlight for me was after Horo passed he got up and , looked at turbo racing down the park and started celebrating well before he was near the try line

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8