GAME DAY - Manly v Storm [Round 2,2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
TBH, their trick plays, while good, have become old and predictive. Smith wide flat ball to Cronk, shaping outside, turn back inside to Slater. Everyone knows it now. Smith short ball to Cronk, chip back across the ruck for Slater. Everyone knows it. Hell, Manly even use the same play occasionally.

For me, it's shut down Bromwich. He's one of the better props going around today IMO. Stop his go forward, stop their go forward. Put Mason on a mission to stop him, them bring Burgess on to move us forward, let the backs play off the back of it.

Manly 22
Scum 10

Who wins - Depends on if we turn up as a team or as a rabble again.

Tooves has some coaching to do - should bunker down & get on with it rather than doing the press calls.

Good 2 see Jamie B looks like playing I love his spirit and see him as our next captain.

Yeah I rate Jamie Buhrer very highly. Adds some starch in defence, and really good scooting runs through the middle.

I think he'll be raring to go, he loves this club.

Guys, Manly are playing at Fortress Brookie. It's not nicknamed Fortress Brookie for nothing. I think the boys will put in a big effort (forgetting about the off-field dramas) playing at home and will come away with the win.

Does Buhrer force out Symonds or Lui?
If Jake T forces his way into the team this weekend as speculated then who gets dropped?
I'd guess:
Mason
Ballin
Lawrence
Mateo
Lui
Buhrer
INT:
Symonds
Burgess
Jake T
JSL/Leary

There's no doubt, and perhaps like us, the Drizzle is very much on the slide.

Their big name players may win a few games for them this year but the certainly are not as intimidating as they were in the past !!

Mind you neither are we!!

Regardless of form/mindset/injuries these games are the ones that should get everyone fired up.

Surely as fans, we can put our week from hell aside for 80 mins and direct our aggression at the Storm, two points against them will soothe any pain.

Like two ageing heavyweights, they both know their time at the top is being challenged but this is more than that and they both know it.

This is the type of game that they play for and there have been some serious classics over the years.
Guys like Mason and Finucane are about to become part of it and hopefully Jake T too. DCE won't have a grudge match like this for quite a while, if ever.

Unleash the Matai and bring on the Battle of Brookie.

It will be an interesting to see if the players support toovey.

if they aim up and beat storm then all good but if they throw the towel in like last week then they may be playing crap to get rid of Toovey?

It will be an interesting to see if the players support toovey.

if they aim up and beat storm then all good but if they throw the towel in like last week then they may be playing crap to get rid of Toovey?

I expect us 2 be up this week and have a fairly comfortable win. Storm were nearly as bad as us on Monday night. I'll be shattered if we don't aim up after the fortnight we have had.

I expect us 2 be up this week and have a fairly comfortable win. Storm were nearly as bad as us on Monday night. I'll be shattered if we don't aim up after the fortnight we have had.
Great to see some positivity!!

Now I'll just go back to my Coffee and my pessimistic attitude!!

Storm 32
Eagles 4

And then we face the Bulldogs who will be lapping at the bit to drive the nails in a bit further!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6