Game day thread .. US v Souffs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
My take on the game.

GCKT, Johns, Meyers, Fifita were all superb.
Fainu and Fulton were also very solid.
Ben Trbojevic was talked up all game by commentary.. but I'm just not seeing it or buying it. He was solid, but his ball carries are bang average. Even against reserve grade players. Toby was very involved, and tried very hard to impress, but I feel that may be his problem. Too small also to earn a top30 in my opinion
I disagree strongly on Burbo. I thought he was one of our most impressive.

As I said in the post above, no highlight reel stuff but his carries were strong, he was often landing on his front and was getting quick play the balls which lead to a few errors/penalties from Souths and got us a role on.

Put himself in the mix for a forward bench spot IMO

Last edited:
A win to start of the year that was a enjoyable game to watch

But my goodness did we win tonight the love fest on fox footy for south's is sickening.

You can tell the footy is back.

Very enjoyable game

Cooper Johns is a very capable replacement at 6 and a good pick up by us.
Agreed it is sickening.

Maybe the Fox commentators are scared about incurring the wrath of Albanese if they criticize the Bunnies.

I disagree strongly on Burbo. I thought he was one of our most impressive.

As I said in the post above, no highlight reel stuff but his carries were strong, he was often landing on his front and was getting quick play the balls which lead to a few errors/penalties from Souths and got us a role on.

Put himself in the mix for a forward bench spot IMO
I reckon he will get first crack on the bench even though I think there may be some more deserving. Like I said he was solid against a seconds team, but I just don't think he will be anything more than a fringe first grader. I hope he proves me wrong but I'm just not seeing it. And he has a few years under his belt now too

I reckon he will get first crack on the bench even though I think there may be some more deserving. Like I said he was solid against a seconds team, but I just don't think he will be anything more than a fringe first grader. I hope he proves me wrong but I'm just not seeing it. And he has a few years under his belt now too
Yeah pivotal year for him.

Hasn't killed it yet but Covid break and Dessies use of him has hindered his development.

We'll learn this year if he'll make it or not

Guys – I thought it was a great game and highlighted for me some great coaching and training that’s happening – but I also saw some mental toughness evolving resulting in greater team spirit to dig deep and fight back when you’re down that was something that was missing from Manly for a long time. I could notice it at half time in the shedsas well when Flanno and Dymock were talking to the team and revving them up and Snake looked more involved. - This was Gold.

The young guys were very impressive and the most pleasing thing is that Im confident now that we have some depth and these young guys will keep the current first graders honest.

However at the end of the day it was reserve grade vs reserve grade the real test will come for these guys when they meet 1st grade opposition and then will know who will cut the mustard.

Overall I feel great after that game since most of my friends follow souths (losers) and I’m sure we will put in a big win against the Rorters (my wife’s team) next week

Go MANLY -– Push it up MANLY

Yeah pivotal year for him.

Hasn't killed it yet but Covid break and Dessies use of him has hindered his development.

We'll learn this year if he'll make it or not
Last night I saw more Jake than Tom in his game. He is the hybrid of the three.

He tackled and played the ruck like Jake but had the strength and vision of Tom.

I like him more in the back row than centre.

2023 is his year to shine. Hopefully he is linking with Schu like two other blokes who used to play for us......

Souths last try, the bloke ran behind half his team, he should have been made to surrender or penalised. Absurd that he got a try on the end of that run.

The biggest thing I saw last night , and something that’s been missing , was , desire !!

When they were behind ( and well behind ) on the past we’d just fold , first grade or Blacktown take your pick.

But last night when they got behind they just tried harder , never gave up, that alone is a very very big change.

Agreed it is sickening.

Maybe the Fox commentators are scared about incurring the wrath of Albanese if they criticize the Bunnies.
It’s disgusting that albo supports souths, I think he grew up in jets territory. As a 60s and 70s Camperdown kid he should hate souths.

The deserving should be rewarded with top spots other wise team morale will turn into disarray

Burbo does not hit like Jake or has the speed and agility and break tackles like Tom

Burbo so far has proven to be a fair fringe NRL Player and hopefully under the new Coaching team can improve .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10