Game day V Sharks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I thought we defended well and had good structure in attack. We had some intercepts off 40 percenter pases but who doesn't try 40 percenter passes in trials football. Our scramble in defence almost closed them down. Still work to be done but the product we have to be worked with looks pretty good.
Watched the game on NRL .COM as it is a quite night here at work . Our biggest weakness last season was our defence and last season we lost to the Sharks by 3 tries as compared to 1 try tonight . So Des is on the right track. The replay clearly showed Walker grounding the ball over the try line before being pulled over the touch line by Morris , so we were very unlucky there . Under Trent Taufua and Parker could not catch a ball and tonight they did not make any errors which was great to see .

Did you watch the game? If this were Barrett, you'd be all over it.

This is True but Barrett was a rubbish rookie coach, who I knew was garbage from the minute he got selected for origin and somehow became our coach. He had never won a chook raffle either as a player or jnr coach, plus he was a scummy st george clown.

Des on the other hand has won 2 premierships as a player and 2 as a coach and only missed finals 2 out of 14 years, so I have faith. and he is an ex Manly player.

Tom T hamsting
Kelepi- Knee and could be an extended stint on the sidelines. was talking to a couple of teh players after the game and thats what came from them.

Suli looked in good shape.
DCE , Siro and Marty look sharp
Tommy T - was good in patches but still made a few errors.

Garrick--- Robbo mark2... hes a flyer
Elgey- hmmmm, needs work!

I'm not butt hurt you are the 1 who told someone to basically piss off for being negative, maybe you're the butt hurt 1?
Maybe you are right, Lets just wait till RD1 and we can chuck the baby out with the bathwater together if it is just as bad.

This is True but Barrett was a rubbish rookie coach, who I knew was garbage from the minute he got selected for origin and somehow became our coach. He had never won a chook raffle either as a player or jnr coach, plus he was a scummy st george clown.

Des on the other hand has won 2 premierships as a player and 2 as a coach and only missed finals 2 out of 14 years, so I have faith. and he is an ex Manly player.

Agree on all fronts there, apart from I'm hoping everyone's expectations aren't set too high. They will be sorely disappointed there. Barrett was awful, I agree.

Not talking about trials here but Des Hasler coached Manly sides are usually slow in starting their season with a win. With the exception of 2004, 2005 and 2007, he has always lost the first round. 2008 started with 2 losses and we narrowly missed out on the Minor Premiership that year. 2009 started with 4 losses and we marched to 5th spot by the end of the regular season

Ouch...although it could have been worse with Tom.

Big injury news out of @SeaEagles sheds: Des Hasler confirms Tom Trbojevic (hamstring) racing the clock for round one - likely a month out. Kelepi Tanginoa and Taniela Paseka (both knee) also out for about a month each. Story soon on @NRLcom #NRLTrials

LOL......and we go Tigers, Chooks, Warriors, Bunnies.

I'm not butt hurt you are the 1 who told someone to basically piss off for being negative, maybe you're the butt hurt 1?

And I would never tell anyone to piss off for being negative, lord knows I have been one of the best negatiers over the years, just could tell our old mate Ryan was feeling pretty pissed off so I thought he should have a lie down. He knows I love him.

Kelepi may be worse than stated. here hoping its not but I spoke with a couple of players and they all where pretty down regarding his status.

Just finished watching the stream, not bad for the NRL I must admit. They could improve a lot of things, fixed screen teams for the second half so you could work out who is playing, but overall, not bad.

I'm thinking everyone got through unscathed, so over the moon with that.

1st Half:

Tapau looks fit, and sure to be a powerhouse again, solid hitout in the first half,
DCE usual self, didn't do too much fancy stuff, but was everywhere as usual.
Thompson was in everything, a nice hitout by him.
Fainu controlled the hooking roll, has a bit of confidence, no mistakes, did well.
Jake was just Jake, we are lucky to have him, and didn't bust a gut.
Turbo was solid, didn't need to break any balls tonight.
Tafua was amazing under a couple of high balls, looks fit as, big year from him I recon.
Parker was ok in the centres, played some 2nd half too, still not sure about him yet.
Garrett was ok, did some kicking, bit of a warm up for him, haven't seen this speed yet.
Api, dont know, didn't sight him?
Sironen looked to be back to his confident self, had a good run tonight.
Gutho looked comfy in the 6, kicked well, fit enough, looks like he want that jersey.
Walker was ok, just a bit unsure of himself it seemed.

2nd Half:

Elgey really needs to step up in my opinion, lacked confidence, didn't asset control, not impressed atm.
Wardell din't seem to get enough ball to assess yet.
Gojetski showed some keeness, happy with his effort.
Winterstein was ok, as was Perrett, and Suli who could be anythingf.
Cade Cust did well briefly, but hard to work out the second half perfermance.

Can't remember who else was there, Sipley, Tangas, AFB, all had a hit out, but nobody breaking ribs today.

Overall, though we did well, can see some decent depth, and a nice future for 2019, pretty happy :)

That's all I got for now, anyone else?

Did you watch the game? If this were Barrett, you'd be all over it. Same as how you rave about Suli being the next big thing, but Kelly was rubbish.
Kellys defensive stats were ordinary last season as were most of the backs in the Trent coached team .
I watched the game on NRL.COM and if you also watched it you would have seen Walker score before being dragged into touch . The try would have leveled the game .
Last season we lost to the sharks at shark park and I was at the game by 16 points 30-14 . I saw improvement by our squad tonight .
Any one that wants to bag Des after just one trial game is not rational .

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10