General NRL chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
F1 grid girls gone. By 10am tomorrow the deep thinkers among the NRL media will have posted their NRL cheerleaders must be axed story. Never mind that we all thought women's rights was about women their own choices, including being cheerleaders if they want. Will the NRL cave in?

F1 grid girls gone. By 10am tomorrow the deep thinkers among the NRL media will have posted their NRL cheerleaders must be axed story. Never mind that we all thought women's rights was about women their own choices, including being cheerleaders if they want. Will the NRL cave in?

Not for now at least :)

BEBFE70B-752C-4F23-ADA0-284ABAA99F9F.png

Doing it hard, Barry Maranta explaining that the Broncos are not making enough money these days...
“The economics have got to be right,” said Maranta.
“We were the most highly-sponsored team in Australia, and when I went to England I found that our sponsorship dollars were the equivalent of Liverpool and Man United.
“That’s how big we were in terms of sponsorship. We were massive, but not one of them — with the exception of Power’s Brewing, which was a fluke — came from Brisbane.
“If you’ve been in business in Brisbane long enough you’ll know there’s no money in Brisbane. The money in Queensland is in mining and agriculture, none of which is in Brisbane."

Doing it hard, Barry Maranta explaining that the Broncos are not making enough money these days...
“The economics have got to be right,” said Maranta.
“We were the most highly-sponsored team in Australia, and when I went to England I found that our sponsorship dollars were the equivalent of Liverpool and Man United.
“That’s how big we were in terms of sponsorship. We were massive, but not one of them — with the exception of Power’s Brewing, which was a fluke — came from Brisbane.
“If you’ve been in business in Brisbane long enough you’ll know there’s no money in Brisbane. The money in Queensland is in mining and agriculture, none of which is in Brisbane."

What a joke, they have sponsors lining up to be a part of it, so many in fact that some are redirected to the Thoroughbreds.

I think they are one of the only clubs that make a significant profit EVERY year!

Dave "Coaltrain" Taylor signs with the Capra's. ... Hey @mozgrame , bet you wish you had invested in the meat pie franchise when you had the chance.

PSS Hope he has a good year for you.

Last edited:
“If you’ve been in business in Brisbane long enough you’ll know there’s no money in Brisbane. The money in Queensland is in mining and agriculture said:
Good. Move them to Mt Isa then!

The NRL is being asked to help keep tooey master shek in the NRL and not go to Union.

Seriously ...... who gives a *****.
Agreed. He's been bloody ordinary (and/or injured) at the Warriors anyway. Why anyone would ever want to play union is beyond me, but if he wants to go, the door's that way.

So the media stirring up NRL and clubs to ban cheerleaders. Complete silence on the arts, music, magazines and modelling where there is a lot more women shown. No outcry over those lounge and furniture tv commercials only showing women's bodies below the neckline. Meanwhile working class footy's cheerleaders must go. Lets see how the spineless NRL handles this fake outcry.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/07/cameron-munsters-nrl-future-up-in-the-air-at-melbourne-storm/

The Melbourne Storm's hopes of Cameron Munster leading the club into the post "big three" era are fading by the day.

NRL.com understands Munster's future at the club is now up in the air as senior officials and players grow frustrated with his attitude and lifestyle choices.

A couple of Sydney clubs are keeping a close eye on the events unfolding at Melbourne in relation to Munster, who was recently fined by the club as a result of his behaviour.

I believe the knights are leading the storm at halftime in a trial at the moment.

This is the trial that the storm decided to hold behind closed doors because...well they've done so much for rugby league that they shouldn't really be expected to do anything more now should they.

What a joke, they have sponsors lining up to be a part of it, so many in fact that some are redirected to the Thoroughbreds.

I think they are one of the only clubs that make a significant profit EVERY year!
Maybe the name is the problem? Let’s face it, the alternative nickname, the ‘Brumbies’, was never going to be a marketable name for a sporting franchise here in Australia.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8