Geoff Toovey Farewell Evening

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes, should be a fantastic night but a correction on the post above - Tickets are NOT available on the door and as you'd expect we are fully sold out for this function.
Sorry but as it's at a licensed RSL club and the event was subject to limited numbers then no ticket no entry unfortunately.
For those that will be there I look forward to seeing you tonight!
Have a wonderful night. Wish I could have come down for this.

12241755_1021616474550375_6024598391469517241_n.jpg

Thanks are not enough for all that Tooves has given to Manly :inlove:

No, they're not, but I thanked him anyway :)

Hopefully someone can post some news afterwards, especially re Geoff's next move/future plans, for which I and so many Manly fans will be wishing him well.

Tooves didn't really talk about any plans, other than to enjoy his favourite hobby - fishing - now he has the time. He was given some fishing gear as a farewell gift, so no excuses.
We saw some memorable footages of his playing career at Manly, as well as for the Blues and Australia. Various people paid tribute to him, including Donny Singe and Max Delmege, amongst others. It was a great night put on by the Football Club, most enjoyable :clap:

No, they're not, but I thanked him anyway :)

Tooves didn't really talk about any plans, other than to enjoy his favourite hobby - fishing - now he has the time. He was given some fishing gear as a farewell gift, so no excuses.
We saw some memorable footages of his playing career at Manly, as well as for the Blues and Australia. Various people paid tribute to him, including Donny Singe and Max Delmege, amongst others. It was a great night put on by the Football Club, most enjoyable :clap:
Thanks for that ALinda.
Hope he catches a few fish then.

Great to see plenty of Tooves former teammates there - Cliffy, Darryl, Jughead, Hancock, Hoppa, Spud, Beaver amongst others. Rose Tattoo played as well, Tooves even had a bit of bop on the dance floor :)

Great to see plenty of Tooves former teammates there - Cliffy, Darryl, Jughead, Hancock, Hoppa, Spud, Beaver amongst others. Rose Tattoo played as well, Tooves even had a bit of bop on the dance floor :)

Would love some pictures or vids if anyone has any?

Brenton Lawrence was the only current player i saw there.

Huh? That's strange.

Didn't the players have their own separate farewell for him anyways? I'm absolutely sure I read that somewhere, and pretty well ALL the players turned up apart from Foran and a couple others.

I'm sure they showed him that respect.

Huh? That's strange.

Didn't the players have their own separate farewell for him anyways? I'm absolutely sure I read that somewhere, and pretty well ALL the players turned up apart from Foran and a couple others.

Hope so mate.

Brenton Lawrence was the only current player i saw there.
The retribution from ZtH for some perceived slight by a 28 year Club legend in 2v, would have warned all current Players away. :mad:

BJ must be on the move himself:cool:

Fishing sounds like a welcome change for 2v :inlove:

I didn't take many photos and the venue was dark so plenty that I did take didn't turn out well lol.
Gives us a little peek though so thanks.
As for Tooves, I just love the legend and will always think of him as what it means to be Manly.

Huh? That's strange.

Your right . I read an article that the players and Toovey had their private farewell . Toovey does not have to prove anything to anyone .He has stamped him self as one of the greatest Sea eagles ever in his own right

It was a good night and it was great to be able to give him the send off he deserves. It was cracking me up how Tooves kept grabbing the mike to get his two cents worth in. One of his main messages was that we (as in all Manly fans) need to look after each other.

Cement Gillespie was also there and looking pretty fit.

Your right . I read an article that the players and Toovey had their private farewell . Toovey does not have to prove anything to anyone .He has stamped him self as one of the greatest Sea eagles ever in his own right
You are so very right feathered friend.......

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4