Geoff Toovey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re his appaearance on 'Sterlo" . . did someone happen to record this ?
if so, could you utube it and we can see a replay of the interview?

if not, what did 2V say ?

Can answer my own question. Foxtel shows a replay @ 1pm the following day. Saw it at the gym, just now.

Pathetic interview. Hopeless questions. Nondescript answers.
Kite introduced the segment, saying that when Toovey started, he was laid back, now he's more angry. Compared him to Tommy Raudonikis visa vee coaching style.

Q1. Win loss record: A: 2V was defensive about Manly's recent form. Have only lost "by small margins", golden point loss, etc.

Not sure he accepts 'there is a problem'.

Q2. Form of the halves: Foz, DCE. A: 'They are growing as players, and as people'. was about all he said.

Q3. Win loss ratio 'With' and 'Without' the Stewart Bros: A: 2V acknowledged that their presence or otherwise has that win/loss effect. . . . What a stupid out-of-date question

I was so bored.

Yes, we need a coach that can give a more entertaining interview. We probably should have gone after Matt Elliott, he often gets up to some funny hijinks during interviews.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Yes, we need a coach that can give a more entertaining interview. We probably should have gone after Matt Elliott, he often gets up to some funny hijinks during interviews.

When we lose on Monday night I may not be the only one who would have Elliot over Toovey, who seems incapable of understanding that we have a problem that requires something to change.

CentralCoastEagle said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

When we lose on Monday night I may not be the only one who would have Elliot over Toovey, who seems incapable of understanding that we have a problem that requires something to change.

LOL

Ivan Cleary anyone??

I reckon tooves will come good.. You gotta remember we are still to field a full strength team this year, we have been in every game. Plus there are at least 3 games we got absolutely dudded in./

2V is doing a great job under the circumstances . Look at the Ladder and see where Hasler and Bennett are and have a go at them

BOZO said:
2V is doing a great job under the circumstances . Look at the Ladder and see where Hasler and Bennett are and have a go at them
When did we win last - seems like a while back now. Sounds like my old school reports. Should try harder.

Jerry1 said:
BOZO said:
When did we win last - seems like a while back now. Sounds like my old school reports. Should try harder.
School reports come at the end of the year . lets not panic and jump to conclusions .

BOZO said:
Look at the Ladder and see where Hasler and Bennett are and have a go at them

You seem to neglect the fact that our points and position on the ladder have been slightly inflated in comparison to both of those teams due to the fact that we have had both of our bye game points added to our total.

If you allow for their extra bye points that they are both still yet to receive, the Dogs would be one point above us and the Knights would be one point behind us.

If we do happen to lose on Monday and the Dogs win today, at the end of this round, they will be one point above us and if you factor in the bye points that they are still yet to receive, they will be three points above us.

If the Knights happen to win today and we lose on Monday, they will still be one point behind us but with the extra bye points factored in that they are still yet to receive, they will be one point above us at the end of this round.

We also have the Titans breathing down our necks too. Even though they are currently only one point behind us after their loss last night, they too are yet to receive their extra bye points.

We have to find a solution to start winning again to give us some breathing space or otherwise we will soon be overtaken or even out of the eight due to how tight the competition is at the moment.

A quick look at the ladder shows that there is currently only six points the difference between positions four through to fourteen and of the teams that are currently below us on the ladder, there are nine of those teams who are yet to have their second bye game so if you factor in those bye points, the six point gap is reduced to only four points.

I'm not too worried at the moment but if the current trend of us struggling to win a game continues then I will quickly start to get a bit concerned.

Jethro You also seem to neglect the fact that Haslers dogs and Bennetts Knights have been trailing us ALL YEAR ! . Like your self i am not worried at the moment because we are getting players back from injury and suspension and we will start to find form . The Titans are playing like they are on their last breath and on life support .
Never fear 2V is here :)

BOZO said:
Jerry1 said:
BOZO said:
School reports come at the end of the year . lets not panic and jump to conclusions .

You need a mat to do that.

Manly also had one of the hardest draws of any side in the first half of the season. Now they face only two sides near the top between now and the finals. We play a lot of also rans in the latter half of the season which we SHOULD win. Remember even against the top side we have lost by less than 10 points in almost all games we have lost

Jono said:
BOZO said:
Jerry1 said:
BOZO said:

Do you mean a MAT Cecchin ????

BOZO said:
Jethro You also seem to neglect the fact that Haslers dogs and Bennetts Knights have been trailing us ALL YEAR ! . Like your self i am not worried at the moment because we are getting players back from injury and suspension and we will start to find form . The Titans are playing like they are on their last breath and on life support .

I couldn't care less about ha$ler or Bennett and whatever team they coach, I am only interested in our results. If we want to assess ourselves against other teams, then we are going fantastic when compared to st merge.

How are we going compared to souffs?

I'm just not interested in comparisons, I am interested in winning.

CentralCoastEagle said:
BOZO said:

I couldn't care less about ha$ler or Bennett and whatever team they coach, I am only interested in our results. If we want to assess ourselves against other teams, then we are going fantastic when compared to st merge.

How are we going compared to souffs?

I'm just not interested in comparisons, I am interested in winning.
I am not interested on who is leading the comp now . I am interested in who is going to win the comp in September . **** souffs , Just because they are leading the comp now does not guarantee them winning the Grand final . Have faith . The Eagles will soar . We will peak at the right time

cant believe it,we are in a bit of a slump,and we are ripping our team apart from 1-17,even the coach isnt safe,how about we wait till the end of the season and see how we ended up,then judge,yeah we are badly out of form,but we have too many class players to stay in the slump,regardless of their age,Im not giving up on them yet

[/quote] Do you mean a MAT Cecchin ????
[/quote]
Now you're getting kinky boys.:p

master blaster said:
cant believe it,we are in a bit of a slump,and we are ripping our team apart from 1-17,even the coach isnt safe,how about we wait till the end of the season and see how we ended up,then judge,yeah we are badly out of form,but we have too many class players to stay in the slump,regardless of their age,Im not giving up on them yet

That is completely simplistic. We are in more than a "form slump." There are serious structural deficiencies in our attack and nothing "appears" to be happening to rectify it. We have played 3 semi finals and 1 WCC under Tooveys reign and we have won one of them in controversial circumstances.

I really really want Tooves to succeed, but late into his 2nd season and with one of the best rosters in the NRL, it's the time to start delivering some wins, just like Ivan Cleary is now doing, having been at the riff for the same period of time with an inferior roster.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4