George Rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't post on here very often .. but I couldn't resist

Id like to throw something in the mix.

Forgetting about the right and wrong of what the player said, do you think the club should be promoting an account of a player thats completely unmoderated?

i thought his twitter account was for fans and him to intercact, and also for george to promote Manly in a Healthy manner, his twitter update was not healthy for the club even if it wasnt crude... im not judgning him at all, but his twitter account should purely be used as a promotional asset. If not be smarter about it George. Suprised the club doesnt moderate it, or maybe they do hence his update was deleted !

Aaron Markie link said:

Forgetting about the right and wrong of what the player said, do you think the club should be promoting an account of a player thats completely unmoderated?

Hey dude!!! thought ud switched teams on us or something!!!

You guys take liefe too seirously, the guy isn't paid to adhere to your moral standards.

Get off your high horses, let the guy have a life.

Aaron Markie link said:

Personally I don't think that the club should be promoting players social media at all as I don't see a lot of value in it and could lead to a lot of problems.

George's comment in New Years eve about walking home from Neutral Bay and peeing on a tree is not going to help the club attract sponsors.  

I would much prefer the club to post daily comments on twitter about how the players are going at training etc than read a players personal life.

Excerpt from Sydney Morning Herald after a Liverpool Soccer player was fined for criticizing a ref on Twitter:

In summing up, the regulatory commission chairman Roger Burden said: "Social network sites must be regarded as being in the public domain.

"All participants need to be aware, in the same way as if making a public statement in other forms of media, that any comments would be transmitted to a wider audience.

"It is their responsibility to ensure only appropriate comments are used."

The AFL are proactively teaching all of their draftees about the pitfalls of social networks. They are strongly advising that players only accept immediate family and friends (i.e. no hangers on) as friends on FB etc.

What are the NRL doing about this? Anything? I'd be surprised.

If it is a club sanctioned / promoted twitter account then that changes the parameters of its use in my opinion. He should be very careful about tweet content in that case.

tookey link said:
George's comment in New Years eve about walking home from Neutral Bay and peeing on a tree is not going to help the club attract sponsors. 

What is he thinking?

I've got no problem at all with him having a life and having fun in the offseason, but somebody clearly needs to sit him down and warn him about Twitter and ideally moderate his tweets before they go public.

Aaron Markie link said:
I don't post on here very often ..

With a post count of one (1) thats an understatement.

Jonesyv2 link said:
You guys take liefe too seirously, the guy isn't paid to adhere to your moral standards. Get off your high horses, let the guy have a life.

This is closest to my take on the subject.

I agree he deserves a life, and what he does in his own time is his business...I however have to agree with Aaron, should this be on the club website??

If big Georgie wants a fun night so be it, but I do think the players should be cautioned on the use of this as it does have the potential to cause some huge drama's.

I don't see the problem really. Leave him be and let him have his own life. Sure it was stupid, but it caused no harm and this is MINOR compared to some of the other crap that players have done.

I really wish the media and the general public would just leave players alone and not report every single little incident in their lives.

Manly To Win! link said:
I don't see the problem really. Leave him be and let him have his own life. Sure it was stupid, but it caused no harm and this is MINOR compared to some of the other crap that players have done.

I really wish the media and the general public would just leave players alone and not report every single little incident in their lives.

The original poster has more to answer for attacking someone on twitter for no other reason than to stir ****

Jonesyv2 link said:
You guys take liefe too seirously, the guy isn't paid to adhere to your moral standards.

it took brett stewart a few drinks mate, (and he did nothing) look what happened to him, george shouldnt be tweeting at 4 am in the morning, im all for having a few drinks and having a night out, in moderation, but if hes got twitter use it wisely ! The lives of footballers have changed since 20 years ago. And things like this are easily frowned upon these days. But it is his life and he is who he is.

Copa Eagle link said:
[quote author=Jonesyv2 link=topic=186271.msg312032#msg312032 date=1295256113]

it took brett stewart a few drinks mate, (and he did nothing) look what happened to him, george shouldnt be tweeting at 4 am in the morning, im all for having a few drinks and having a night out, in moderation, but if hes got twitter use it wisely ! The lives of footballers have changed since 20 years ago. And things like this are easily frowned upon these days. But it is his life and he is who he is.
[/quote]

Dont be stupid,George isnt half the name Brett is,Georgie can
live his life however he wants to,if **** goes south we know he
wouldnt have done it anyway

Hate the game, not the player.

Twitter is the devil!
I really could care less what george rose or anyone else for that matter is doing every minute of the day.

I agree 100%, seeing people on the train as I go home each day "tweeting"...."I am bored on the train on the way home"...fair dinkum does the world need to know I left work today a bit early because a storm was coming???

Or that big Georgie was out on the piss at 4.00am....do we REALLY need to know this??

So let me get this straight

Everyone wants the club to get more publicity etc but is against the use of social media?
Granted this particular tweet might not be viewed in the best light however the smarter decision is for the club to help players rather than ban them

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6