Get rid of Lowe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
With the announcement the club owners have to cover the embarrassing space on the front of the jumper, isn't it time Lowe was shown the door?  There is no benefit to this sponsorship - it just leaves the club up to $1m out of pocket - the money that would have come from a third party if Lowe had done his job.

Get rid of him, I'm sick of it.

I can't believe that they built this up as a big thing, went in the media saying they were talking to CEO's and the like and then had to get the owners to dig in again. Painful.

Get rid of Zorba and a few others who are not up to it aswell.

Just a side note: when Delmege bought into the club he also sponsored the club.

I know it's not an ideal situation but there needs to be a big clean out at the club. I've said it before the club is way behind the times in the IT  and social networks dept. The club is run by dinosaurs.

Agreed. This is poor! How can we be one of the most successful teams of the decade (and indeed the last 30 years) and not be able to attract a sponsor? It's gone way past having a whinge. I'm furious. This is embarrasing for the fans, but more so the club.  :mad:

swoop link said:
He was sponsor before he bought in I think.  Substantially different to this arrangement, particularly as we were world club champions just two short years ago.

kicked-out.jpg

Fonz, you're correct.  It's a disappointment all round.  The club desperately needs a sponsorship coordinator.  Zorba surely needs to be put out to pasture now.  Lowe can be the CEO for the rest of the year, but we need a suit to handle the more professional stuff.  I just can't understand why we are failing to attract a major sponsor.    

Matabele link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=186577.msg318415#msg318415 date=1298864232]
He was sponsor before he bought in I think.  Substantially different to this arrangement, particularly as we were world club champions just two short years ago.
[/quote]

Either way, what's the difference. He still sponsored us after he bought in.

Ok
Matabele link said:

Well actually it is no different, considering Quantum were a sponsor before they bought in as were the Penns

The owners tried to save some cash by hiring a taxi driver rather than a real CEO, but it has turned out that it will cost them a lot more in the long run.

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.  I'd go so far as to say Lowe was a better coach than he is a CEO!

Agreed, it is time for us to get a decent CEO.

The corporate structure at our club seems to be a mess from the outside looking in. We look amateurish compared to most top flight sporting organisations in Australia. Time to start looking more like a business, getting rid of Lowe would be a great step forward in that respect.

Hopefully they are paying market value.  However at the end of the day one of the benefits of having wealthy private owners is having the security of them being able to tip in if we end up in the red at the end of the year and are short on cash.  They are hardly going to be happy to do this when they are already tipping in a large amount of money to sponsor the team.  Especially if they are only sponsoring us because we could not get anyone else.  

My question is why are Penn and quantum allowing the club to be run like this??? Surely they don't run their individual businesses like this so why are they allowing the sea eagles to be run so poorly???

What's grant Mayer up to these days??

Forget Meyer CCE, that horse has already left the stable. 
Your first paragraph has some interesting questions though.  Perhaps running a club like ours is for taxation loss purposes, who would know?  I'm certain that Penn health would be making money, so a tax writoff might suit.    And don't forget that Zorba is Penn's relative of some sort, so maybe he is given some slack in the organization.  Media manager is not his forte.  I'd think drinks and TAB gopher is more his level.  I well remember him turning up at Stewie's court appearance in jeans and shirt out, looking like a sack of potatoes, when a suit and tie was the go. 

Lowe will not last the year. My bet is that he will be given an early retirement, citing "ill health" as the way out. I am in no way wishing him ill health.  I just hope they have been working on a decent succession plan.

It's the media managers responsibility to notify as many media outlets as possible. With a sponsorship announcement at 2pm where was all the media? The pics I saw on the other thread didn't show that there was much media attention there. Is that why the anouncement was late?

Geez I getting sick of the lack of professionalism at the club.

We were on Fox Sports news just now but no mention of the sponsorship. The intro was that Jason King had not been cited and he was interviewed and mention was made of the 'back to the Silvertails' theme. The players were there in flash suits milling around an expensive-looking car. Jason said that playing up to the Silvertails tag was something the 'marketing dept' had decided to try to make into a positive this year.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7