Get Tooves back - the fans demand it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

bazeagle

Bencher
enough of this total and complete debacle
Barrett has no clues and no answers - none
the club simply needs to bring back an ex Manly player who lives and breathes the culture and do it now and that is Geoff Toovey who is available
let's discuss the options if this doesn't happen: we win the first ever spoon, we lose all power and cred in the NRL - Brookie gets flicked and we get to play at ANZ etc or WORSE we get folded into another team - it's that serious
do it now

joeboy

Bencher
I agree with the sentiment that Toovey needs to be in and around the club. I'm just not convinced he could coach that well. He inherited a team that pretty much ran itself and that is not the position we are in at the moment. There were many player comments during his tenure that he wasn't that great of a coach. He wasn't much for a game plan but was blessed in the squad at his disposal. I don't think he is the fix-all people seem to think, as nice as it would be to have him back.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
Penn needs help.
Toovey should be appointed Head of football, Gus Gould style, with full powers to hire and fire.
Penn needs to bite the bullet and accept that he knows not what he's doing.
It's OK to own the train set but doesn't mean he knows how to drive it.

Not sure baz about tooves we were playing similar just before they got rid of him.We need more of a modern day coach someone that’s currently in the game.Who I don’t know.

NYEagle

Bencher
What saddens me the most is that there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.
We can’t protest, nobody will listen to our posts, and the board is full of political and self agendas and they are the ones putting the money into what has become a bleeding club.
Very very very sad times.
NYEagle

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The fans can demand all we want @bazeagle but there's no way Tooves will come back to Manly with the current owners/management, no matter how much they offer him. Sorry, dream on...

Pittwater Legend

We brought back Geoff Toovey!
Which players had problems with Tooves' coaching? I know that Josh Starling and Brenton Lawrence had his back 100% and these guys nearly won us the Minor Premiership in 2014, until injuries to Buhrer and Ballin in the final rounds caused us to fade.

I've heard someone say previously that he was too intense but Des ripped a door off its hinges in 2009 at Parra before we won the comp again 2 years later

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I doubt Toovey would ever consider it while the Penns and Peters are running the joint. 2015 is still a bad memory for a lot of us and Toovey was treated so badly by the club and it alienated so many of us. Time will tell but the acid is right on TB now in a big way, the team resembles the 2003 side at the moment!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13