Get Tooves back - the fans demand it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I honestly feel if we had Tanginoa, Taufua & Sironen, we'd be sitting pretty in this competition guys. Jeez, give it time. We are playing completely under done roster wise.
Ryan, your insights are always inspiring but on this we can disagree. sure the roster isn't what to needs to be and the cap debacle has hurt us too. but the events of recent weeks and the current cue in rack on field performances, plus player fines indicate a way more serious set of issues than just thin roster. if Barrett has one key role it's to manage the players. the signs are he clearly isn't up to that. maybe Hastings is a tricky customer but so be it: manage him. the pranking/bullying culture is a serious problem - the one on the receiving end of a "prank" is set apart, isolated and very likely to be seriously hurt by this kind of crap. pranking is cruel. again Barrett not on top of it. he has to go, simple.

Nope this will be worse, no way we will win 11 games. We will be flat out reaching TBaz’s 1st season total of 8.
It is obvious that the players don’t respect Barrett otherwise they would not have gone to the strip joint. He has definitely loss the dressing room.

I don't get this requirement for a coach to have played for Manly. How many ex Manly players that can coach are out there? Sounds like only 2. Not a great hiring strategy...
Three - Des, Geoff and Ivan Ivanovich. But he couldn’t wait to leave back in 1993.

2V, bless his heart and effort for Manly, is back to being assistant grade for the time being.
Would prefer the fans wanted Madge.

Two years of Madges military rule should fix the prankster culture quick smart. Less giggles, more hits.

I don't want Tooves back! Nor do I want De$ back. I want a hard arse coach who's not going to be making excuses. We are still giving away too many penalties and showing no signs of improving it. Watching them allow a try like the one just before half-time shows a lack of enthusiasm and motivation. Sure our roster is depleted, but it is what it is. Deal with it!!!

I agree with the sentiment that Toovey needs to be in and around the club. I'm just not convinced he could coach that well. He inherited a team that pretty much ran itself and that is not the position we are in at the moment. There were many player comments during his tenure that he wasn't that great of a coach. He wasn't much for a game plan but was blessed in the squad at his disposal. I don't think he is the fix-all people seem to think, as nice as it would be to have him back.
True, he may not be a proven coach as he hasn't been in too many different scenarios (had a stable team that rarely played poorly), although they still played with heart. I reckon that's the bare minimum and would love to bring that back. He's got to be the best option, although it won't happen sadly

Basically we've got club that has lost it's soul. We've currently got a dud team that plays with no cohesion or passion and is essentially a team of cast offs and players with supposed "potential" that is not being fulfilled. In the short term there is no coach that could change that. We are basically back to square one with a rebuild. Year 0 of a 5+ year rebuild plan. Nothing against Trent Barrett but after 2 and a bit years it is very clear that he is not the man for the job. Not even close. I bet he doesn't get the sack though.

Far out some people around this joint are dumb as.
Okay so we all love Toovey, manly legend. But my gosh, he inherited a champion team full of once in a generation players, of course he was going to do half decent at least.
But once the going got tough it was clear that he wasn’t cut out to be coach.
He didn’t have a tactical mindset, his recruitment was sub par with some players and he lost the dressing room.

Stop living in the past everyone and move forward. Barrett has walked into a **** storm from the very minute he got to the club. From match fixing investigations, to salary cap investigations. None of it his doing.
Then the injuries that we have had to contend with the past 3 years have been the most rotten luck that I’ve ever witnessed regarding injuries to a team. There’s barely another reserve that can be picked at the moment.

I agree with @Ryan if those players were still on the park we’d be sitting pretty in the top 4 with ease. The loss of siro is huge. Same thing as last year, he got injured and the team instantly went from top 4 and premiership contenders to just battling to hold on to a top 8 spot.

Last edited:
Honestly don’t think Tooves looked like a successful coach. Personally I would look at Graig Bellamy or Des Hasler.

Far out some people around this joint are dumb as.
Okay so we all love Toovey, manly legend. But my gosh, he inherited a champion team full of once in a generation players, of course he was going to do half decent at least.
But once the going got tough it was clear that he wasn’t cut out to be coach.
He didn’t have a tactical mindset, his recruitment was sub par with some players and he lost the dressing room.

Stop living in the past everyone and move forward. Barrett has walked into a **** storm from the very minute he got to the club. From match fixing investigations, to salary cap investigations. None of it his doing.
Then the injuries that we have had to contend with the past 3 years have been the most rotten luck that I’ve ever witnessed regarding injuries to a team. There’s barely another reserve that can be picked at the moment.

I agree with @Ryan if those players were still on the park we’d be sitting pretty in the top 4 with ease. The loss of siro is huge. Same thing as last year, h maybe got injured and the team instantly went from top 4 and premiership contenders to just battling to hold on to a top 8 spot.

Don't be so sensible after only 111 posts. First and final warning.

Basically we've got club that has lost it's soul. We've currently got a dud team that plays with no cohesion or passion and is essentially a team of cast offs and players with supposed "potential" that is not being fulfilled. In the short term there is no coach that could change that. We are basically back to square one with a rebuild. Year 0 of a 5+ year rebuild plan. Nothing against Trent Barrett but after 2 and a bit years it is very clear that he is not the man for the job. Not even close. I bet he doesn't get the sack though.

Why would Penn sack Twenty? Its a results orientated business and we are obviously meeting Penns kpis.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8