Glen stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi eagle you are probably dead set right but I wonder how dce would react if he was to come back . I would think the outcome would not be great , after all dce is our future to build this team around and Gifty will not be part of that . We need to keep taking steps forward not back.

Would be worth a punt if we get him at a reasonable price.
I reckon he would get a new lease of life back at Brookie with his mates

I love Gifty as much as any other supporter BUT for a very good reason he wasn't retained.

If anyone thinks we should waste our cap, moving forward as we must do, on an ageing , injury prone forward then you are nuts.

We already have one of those and he arrives next year from the Titans, so we for sure don't need another.

Good luck in the ESL Gifty, you'll be a sensation over there!!

He is after a big final pay day ...UK

Yep and will get it.

The slower pace and less physical nature of the game over there will suit him perfectly.

There's only a couple of sides that can match the NRL, the rest, less than NSW Cup standard.

Look, we all loved Gifty when he was here. But to be honest I don't think bringing him back to Manly as a player would be a good thing, even if what people are saying is right in that Souffs would be paying most of his salary next year.

Unfortunately he is now an injury prone small forward. And considering the club seems to want to build the next team around younger players like DCE, the Trbojevic's, Jorge, Peta and Gutho, I really don't think Gifty, injury prone and in the last 2 or 3 years of his career (at best) fits in those plans.

Look, we all loved Gifty when he was here. But to be honest I don't think bringing him back to Manly as a player would be a good thing, even if what people are saying is right in that Souffs would be paying most of his salary next year.

Unfortunately he is now an injury prone small forward. And considering the club seems to want to build the next team around younger players like DCE, the Trbojevic's, Jorge, Peta and Gutho, I really don't think Gifty, injury prone and in the last 2 or 3 years of his career (at best) fits in those plans.

He might do one more year in the NRL, but could extend that to 3 in the ESL.

No option really!!

I really can't see Gifty being offered another NRL contract, unless its the Speels to keep Foran happy, the Tigers who need a good veteran now that Farah is being shown the door, or the Coke Coast who need anyone they can get. He would have another 2 or 3 years if he went to the SL and knowing the SL he could probably sign a rather nice contract and thrive over there.

In a perfect world, Gifty would never have left Manly. The world is far from perfect though.

Sign him back, Whatmough, T-Rex, Kite, George Rose, Jason King... Now that's a premiership pack!

Last edited:
Folks all good things must come to an end. Gift has had his time. A champion player. A manly great. For the last 3 years his body just hasn't stood up to footy for even half a season. It's Jack Trbojevics and other young blokes time. We need to make more tough decisions and say good bye to some other champions in the next 12 months. Getting back Gifty may make us all feel warm n fuzzy for five minutes. But it won't benefit Gift or the larger team. 1 crappy year at Souths is irrelevant, he bows out a Manly legend simples.

Would be the perfect signing. Smallish over the hill injury prone ball playing back rower. Exactly what we need. Would fit in perfect with the whole cleaning house aspect too.

Nailed it loobs. Take a bow. I pissed my wife off just then laughing out loud.

Yes, bring him back and reinvigorate the whole ZtH/Soggy Sao crowd around the Santorini Swami. Just like old times, Glenn, Brett and Matai telling the world how they built the Culture Club, with the Swami pulling the strings.

Good riddance. As others have said, we're moving forward again.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6