Glen stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When you set out on a journey of revenge, start by digging your own grave first.

Thank you Mr Myagi.

Won't work as he would still take up the headcount in the number of Players a Club can field. Penrith and Titans had this issue last year as they could not bring up Players to replace all the injured/suspended ones.

We had that problem also. Its why we only ever saw Tommy as an injury replacement rather than a permanent fixture on the wing. Same reason we had MCK in the 17 for a few games while T-Red and others were on the sidelines after the Warriors game. Something to do with the second tier salary cap.

Our injuries started early losing BJ and Gutho for the season in Rd.1 against the Speels and by the time we got around to using Tommy in only Rd.5, we'd already used our full quota of players (including wasting time playing Wiliame and Blair). Tommy and others from the lower grades came under the second tier cap and it seems they can only be used as injury replacements.

Last edited:
http://www.nrl.com/glenn-stewart-signs-on-at-catalans/tabid/10874/newsid/89681/default.aspx
Catalans Dragons have announced the signing of Glenn Stewart on a three-year deal from the start of the 2016 Super League season.

The former Manly and NSW star was granted a release from the final 12 months of his South Sydney contract late on Wednesday and the French side revealed details of his impending move just hours later.

Stewart, 31, said he was excited by the prospect of playing in France where he'll line up alongside former NSW teammate Todd Carney, Test and Queensland centre Willie Tonga and New Zealand international Krisnan Inu.

He'll also be joined by Dave Taylor and Justin Horo who've been signed from the Gold Coast and Manly respectively.

"I'm really looking forward to this new challenge and I hope to win some titles with the Dragons," Stewart said.

"The time is right for my family and me to experience something new in another country. It is a great place to live and I am looking forward to being part of the French lifestyle."

Catalans head coach Laurent Frayssinous said it was a huge coup for the club to persuade the 2011 Clive Churchill Medal winner to come on board.

"I'm delighted that Glenn has chosen to join us," Frayssinous said.

"We were looking for an experienced player to complete our pack for next season and it's great news for the club that we were able to attract a player of Glenn's calibre.

"He will bring his qualities in attack and defence. He will also bring his experience at the very top level to the club along with his leadership skills."

Souths coach Michael Maguire said he had no problems granting Stewart, who'll play in Sunday's do-or-die finals battle with Cronulla, the opportunity to move to Europe.

"Glenn has done a fantastic job for us so far this year and his commitments to this club are not yet over," Maguire said.

"We look forward to continuing our journey this year with Glenn as part of the team, and we will then wish him luck with his future endeavours once this season has come to a close.

The exits of Stewart and hooker Isaac Luke at the end of this season sees two of the Rabbitohs's biggest earners off the books, and will intensify speculation the club will sign unwanted Wests Tigers skipper Robbie Farah and Sam Burgess.

Burgess has been included in England's Rugby World Cup squad and Souths have first option to re-sign him should he decide to return to Sydney, which is widely expected at some stage with both his and his partner's family still in the Harbour City.

Well it's official. Can't believe he only lasted 1 year in the NRL not at Manly. Proves we were right unfortunately.
He has played well this year but unfortunately missed a big chunk with injury, which is a recurring theme with Gift.
Anyway he's certainly not we need currently, I think we still lack a chunky, fearless type that can bend the line a bit in the middle, a role previously played by the likes of Gulavao, Perry, Hall, and, briefly, Fa'aoso.

I still get the feeling that after hearing reports from Glenn about how he goes over there, that Brett will ask for a release from his 2017 commitments, that the 'brothers in arms' will once again be united on the field for Catalans. Surely 2016 will be Snake's last year with MMWSE.
I can see them sitting round sipping French wine, giving instructions to the au pair, reminiscing about the good ol/ bad ol' days. ;)

Good luck Gifty, and yes it shows we were exactly right in the decision not to resign him, however I bet we don't get a retraction from ZtH, and look at the fallout that's occurred as a result of it all.

I'll still never say a bad word about him as not once has he ever bagged the club!!

Souths to miss the eight next year!!
Everyone is leaving them because the ship is sinking.

They deserve to miss the eight it is where they truly belong :):)

And good luck to Gift he is making the most of his playing career just a shame he could not finish it here.

I saw Buhrer yesterday at the shops. I know next season is a long way away and he's coming off a knee reconstruction but he looks like a new wombat.

These guys are in for shock next year if we hire a conditioning guy who actually you know - tries to get them in shape...

Good luck to Gifty, nice little retirement package. How much fun would it be living in Perpignan and having the best of Europe on your doorstep. Playing in a much easier competition too. I know where I'd rather be if I was him, half his luck.

Just on that Catalan side, looks like they have half a side of ex NRL players, I though there were limits on overseas players in the ESL. They should have a pretty decent team if they can keep them off the beaujolais

Yep good luck to Gifty he has his future sorted and will move on . You could see souths were not a good fit . He moves on and we can get this juggernaut back in 16. Phewww.

It doesn't prove anything if he wasn't happy at Souths.

Exactly, I can't see any way this justifies the decision to punt him

He has been approached with a rich 3 year deal and opted to ask for a release, which he has been given. Doesn't mean he was punted from Souths because they didn't think he was up to it

If he'd provided decent value for money, I'm sure Souths wouldn't have given him up so easily. He could've played another year at Souths on decent coin, and then had 2 years at Catalans. Fact is, as good a player as he is, he's too injury prone. Manly releasing him when they did was the right call, the way they went about it however was weak. Stringing him along and then not offering him anything was very poor management.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8