Glen stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just wish Catalan came knocking in 2014 and saved us all of the crap that has occurred over the past 18 months.

As an aside he did play 17 (out of a possible 24) games this year....not exactly missing half a season

Glen Stewart have an absolute shocker in the semi against the Sharks.

Comes on after 30 minutes, overruns and takes a forward pass, attempts a shoulder charge, Inglis about to score so Stewart passes the ball behind him, next set of six Stewart passes 6 feet behind the player.

Funny how so many Manly players that leave never play their best football for other teams.

Yeah he was very ordinary today; probably the worst player on the park, which is not something you'd ever say about Glenn. I thought he was ordinary all year and couldn't understand the wraps he was getting early on. I don't think he ran for more 50m in one game all season...I know he is a ball player, but the best ball playing forwards still make decent yards...if you are going to run so little, you need to be producing lots of try-assists and he didn't do that either.

I was his biggest fan when he was at Manly, but Souths must be very underwhelmed with their investment to (a) allow him to walk, and (b) start him from the bench in such a big match.

G'day all,Glens influence on games declined rapidly after 2011.Whilst he still had his moments against the lesser sides he struggled to have an impact against the better sides and the writing was on the wall.Toovey made the right call,our future was our halves,not an aging injury prone backrower.Just a shame that not all could accept it.
cheers mike

I might visit him there and share with him a Boulette d'Avesnes - a symphony of French cheeses washed down by a bottle of Alphonse Mellot Sancerre Rouge Generation XIX - a delicious Sav Blanc.
I did this several times with Beaver Menzies when he was there. He won't remember though. - the Legend was a bit pished.
I remember it all though -
Beaves - "Nicci you're the bessht Manly shupporter ever. Zhey should name a shtand at Brookie after you.
Nicci - "Oh - Stop it Beaves."
:D
Was that Beaver or Terry Hill ;)

Glen averaged 16.9 games per season over his career.

Steve Matai for example who always seems to be suspended or injured has averaged 21

Glens brother Brett, who missed two entire seasons has averaged 18.4 per season. I noticed that he and Matai have both played 221 games for the Sea Eagles

Beaver Menzies averaged 22.5 games per season over his career of 349 games

Last edited:
The issue there is that he only became a regular first grader in 2007. Prior to that, I think he had made about 15-20 first grade appearances from 2004-06. So his averages become somewhat more impressive.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6