Go Matildas' .. World Cup Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
My view on tonight is that it feels like everything is set up for an old school australian football heartbreak

Something like we are up with 10 to go and concede a freak own goal. Most fans do not remember the pain of failed world cup bids and terrible luck....but god I hope I am wrong!

Up 2-0, that certainly is an old heartbreak score situation that I remember!

Edit: in Melbourne too!

Last edited:
D'oh! :(

Hopefully we get to see some Sam Kerr magic in the next round..! :)

You seem to be taking the loss rather well GE.
A bit better than Elon at least. :sweating:

IMG_0925.png

So it’s Denmark to advance to the quarter finals, come on girls you can do it !!

PS: still doubt we’ll see Sam Kerr , unless we make it to the final and then they’ll play her regardless.

Thank God we are playing Denmark and not England. England smashed China. The way they are playing it's hard to see anyone stopping them. The skill level, the control of the ball and the goals last night were world class.

Holy Poop on a stick...!

Sweden knock out 3 time winners 'merica!

This is such a wide open tournament now that if Sam comes back firing on all cylinders (and doesn't do a tom T) they are in with a super chance!

Still very good sides left, obv, but some crackers have returned home.

Holy Poop on a stick...!

Sweden knock out 3 time winners 'merica!

This is such a wide open tournament now that if Sam comes back firing on all cylinders (and doesn't do a tom T) they are in with a super chance!

Still very good sides left, obv, but some crackers have returned home.

Japan are looking awesome again ...

Hoping Kerr and Simons get some minutes tonight ...

Gonna be a ripper ...

Japan v Australia or Japan v England final I'm thinking.

Tough ask to beat the Lionesses, but I live in hope!

But can't get ahead of ourselves. Still a tough match against Denmark tonight.
USA being out is the icing on the cake!

Japan v Australia or Japan v England final I'm thinking.

Tough ask to beat the Lionesses, but I live in hope!

But can't get ahead of ourselves. Still a tough match against Denmark tonight.
USA being out is the icing on the cake!
Just imagine that flog Piers Morgan if it’s an Australia v England final.

Funny , but he wouldn’t take the bait on Twitter with the Netball World Cup, probably because he knew they were no chance .

Just imagine that flog Piers Morgan if it’s an Australia v England final.

Funny , but he wouldn’t take the bait on Twitter with the Netball World Cup, probably because he knew they were no chance .
Can only be a semi final i believe

What a great tournament. I feel a combination of sick and terrified about the game tonight.

I am not sure how many Australian football matches I have watched across mens, womens and younger age groups but this is the first time since the golden generation tore up some of the FIFA junior world cups we have had such a legitimate chance to make a statement in a tournament (Asian cup aside)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8