Goal Kicking

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
There has been a bit of discussion around lately about the goal kicking and Jamie Lyon's lack of success in the role, and the absence of a reliable back-up goal kicker.

It got me thinking about how maybe the club should be thinking about goal kicking when it comes to recruitment; not an easy task to find good players, let along good players that kick goals.

but...

I remembered seeing Gutherson kick goals (from the sideline too) and I was wondering if anyone can shed any light on whether he is a genuine option or just a part timer? Is he a sharpshooter?

I think Gutherson is a preferred option for goal kicking. He kicked 5 goals in his team's 30-8 victory against QLD in the 2014 Under 20's SOO match.

I think the club would be mad not to be looking at a gun goalkicker! Be it gutho or someone out side the club: Carney, Maloney( is he still unsigned?) or Townsend. All plausible options.Love Lyon but would love a sharp shooter in the side, missing the first 2 really hurt against cowboys ( to be fair though his kicking has been better this year).

Lost 4 game last year by 4 or less (3 in reg season,1 in finals). And 3 this year so far. A gun goalkicker is so important imo. Look at the top goalkickers, in front or from the sideline you know there going to lick it...... Well most times anyway.

El Masri, halligan, Johns, j Taylor all master kickers that won many games off the back of goalkicking.

On average the difference between a good 75% (Lyon) and a top gun 85% kicker is one goal every 3 matches so in reality we are talking one, at most 2 games a year that could come down to goal kicking. If you balance that with try scoring and try assisting abilities and that person offers one or 2 a year more then you are already ahead.

So in summary you pick your best 17 available and out of that 17 you pick you best goal kicker

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8