Gonna take more than foz

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Choc ties his shoe laces with his tongue between his lips.
6720_119_detail.jpg

How do you create those News Threads that keep the Article at the top and user posts as Comments? Like the Penn's article about "Better off without a Dally M Half and 2v"

You need special permissions. The mods can do it. Just ping one of us if you have one you want turned into an article

Buzz was quite funny today asking the question about Brad Arthur that everyone is wondering. Had a good old chuckle. Can't wait to read the Parra fans hyper-defensive comments later on...

Brad Arthur not all he’s hyped up to be

NO coach has had more positive media coverage in recent weeks than Parramatta’s Brad Arthur. It appears every second player in the NRL wants to play for him.

There is no doubt it was the key factor in Kieran Foran and Anthony Watmough joining Parramatta.

The question is why? It’s understandable when players want to play under Wayne Bennettbecause he’s won so many premierships, or Des Hasler and Craig Bellamy.

They all have runs on the board.

Arthur did a tremendous job to lift the Eels into finals contention last year before they bombed out in the last couple of rounds.

They couldn’t even beat the Canberra Raiders in the final round.

The Eels have been flogged by the Canterbury Bulldogs and the Warriors in their last two starts.

They’ve got the South Sydney Rabbitohs next weekend and will probably be one from four.

I haven’t seen the evidence as to why so many elite players have such a huge opinion of him.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-look-amateurish/story-fni3fh9n-1227273593583

Rothfield can choke on a large one.

Although I do happen to agree with him on this particular article.

I haven’t seen the evidence as to why so many elite players have such a huge opinion of him.

Brad Arthur is quite clearly the best coach in the game... at convincing his club's board to pay overs for players.

I think you'll find that's what the attraction is Phil. After all, it's not about the money but that's what's best for their families.

I have to say I am intrigued as to why Foz did not rate Des - twice now he had a chance to go to the Dogs, who have a superior pack to the Eels :wondering:

It must be about the crazy money that the Eels signed him on @:cool:

Wish he would go now, I would really enjoy the Soap Opera of the Dalai, the Messiah and the the botoxed Orator :p

We are also 1 win from 3 games guys - why are we pulling the piss out of anyone else? We are just as much a basket case as them, except they flogged us.
Lets put your baskets is perspective . In the last 30 years we have been the most successful team in the NRL whilst Parra have been a basket case and have collected wooden spoons and just because they flogged our under strength side in round one it dosent mean sht . Yes we will continue to pull the piss out of the under achievers and over payers Parra and any other dick head that compares our great team culture with theirs until they start to have success and not just flog an under strength team in round one and then they start to get flogged them selves in the next two games .

Hahaha about the bit on arthur. Despite it being Booze Rothtool who wrote it, I completely agree.

As Knox said, next year ex manly player will be taking up 40 percent of their cap. No greater indication of how hopeless that club is.

Foz is fooling no-one by claiming he's gone to the Slime to improve his game.

Let's take a look at their record.

Since the days when they were legitimately a strong side with Sterling, Kenny, Ella, Price etc, how many players have taken their careers all the way to Kangaroo selection on a consistent basis.

1. Hayne........love him or loathe him, the guy is undeniably a match winner.
2. Hindmarsh.......while many don't rate him, he's got my respect. For years Doesn'tmatta couldn't win a chook raffle. Players actually stopped trying. Hindmarsh put in every week.

That's it. Two. In 30 years. Foz will make good coin at the Slime but to suggest he is going to become an immortal by going there is a joke. So spare us the hackneyed lines. If you wanted to win titles and improve as a footballer, you would have stayed put. Or at the very least gone to the Scumdogs. That, at least, would have been believable.

Their list recruits since 2010 reads like a "who's who" of promising players whose careers either stalled at Parra or died completely (with the exception of 2011, which is the year Parra decided to almost exclusively recruit players whose careers were already dead):

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/teams/parramatta-eels/transfers.html

MANUOKAFOA, Manase (North Queensland)
POORE, Justin (St George Illawarra)
SHACKLETON, Shane (Sydney)
TAHU, Timana (Parramatta 2007)
TE MAARI, Lee (Bulldogs)

ATKINS, Jordan (Gold Coast Titans)
HICKS, Chris (Warrington)
McGUIRE, Casey (Catalans)
MAITUA, Reni (Cronulla 2009)
PAULO, Joseph (Penrith)
UAISELE, Etuate (Parramatta 2009)
WALKER, Chris (Catalans)
WEBB, Carl (North Queensland)
WHATUIRA, Paul (Huddersfield)

KELLY, Luke (Melbourne 2010)
PAULO, Joseph (Penrith)
ROBERTS, Ben (Canterbury)
SANDOW, Chris (South Sydney)
TAUTAI, Taulima (Cronulla)
TONGA, Esikeli (Gold Coast Titans)
TONGA, Willie (North Queensland)

HARRISON, Daniel (Manly Warringah)
LOKO, Jacob (Parramatta 2011)
LUSSICK, Darcy (Manly Warringah)

DE GOIS, Isaac (Cronulla)
GOWER, David (Manly Warringah)
HOPOATE, William (Manly Warringah 2011)
HUNT, Justin (South Sydney)
LASALO, Taniela (Parramatta 2012)
MOSSOP, Lee (Wigan)
NORMAN, Corey (Brisbane)
PEATS, Nathan (South Sydney)

Hey, I've been a Manly supporter for a lot of years (about 50!) and I've seen a lot of players come and go during that time and we've always been able to rise back up to the top! But I think the loss of Choco, Glen Stewart, DCE and Foz will take a long while to get over. I really can't understand WHY there is so much angst against Parra.....have a think and look at how many ex-Parra players are on our books now? Alas, it's all about the mighty $ now and there seems to be no such thing as club loyalty left nowadays. Hope the Snake stays with us at least!

Des has been coaching for more than 10 years and has won 2 premierships.

Brad Arthur has coached for 1 year and already won 2 future premierships.

That's clearly a much better strike rate.
He parlayed both of them into future World Club Challenge wins too. His record is now amazing.

IDEA: Can someone update his Wikipedia page to reflect these future wins? That would be ****ing amazing :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Hey, I've been a Manly supporter for a lot of years (about 50!) and I've seen a lot of players come and go during that time and we've always been able to rise back up to the top! But I think the loss of Choco, Glen Stewart, DCE and Foz will take a long while to get over. I really can't understand WHY there is so much angst against Parra.....have a think and look at how many ex-Parra players are on our books now? Alas, it's all about the mighty $ now and there seems to be no such thing as club loyalty left nowadays. Hope the Snake stays with us at least!
Troll

Yes you are right . There should not be any angst against poor old parra because they have not won a comp for over 30 years LOL
laughing_and_pointing_emoticon_312207.jpg

100% agree with you scoops.
And judging by our recent signings of Mason and Mateo, our club is looking more like a retirement home that a NRL team.
I'm not happy with our recruiting staff.

Give it up mate, no-one is falling for it. If you're going to troll you've either got to try and ruffle some feathers or at least be mildly entertaining.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2