Grand Final Entertainment (AKA: 'The SSM Debate Thread')

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Macklemore is a coup for the NRL, well done to them for landing him

People blowing about about "Same Love" are morons, regardless of the plebiscite that song would have been played, it is one of his biggest hits and was huge here in Australia

In regards to the "why the need for entertainment", please we are meant to be one of the biggest sports in the country and our GF day should be a massive spectacle........entertainment is a part of that and big international acts are what is required

Imagine the Superbowl being like "Nah halftime entertainment is so unnecessary"

One hit wonder? Geez bloke. He's one of the biggest artists on the planet. Awesome stuff from the nrl convincing him to perform here.

Has been a crackup reading all the people blowing up that have "never heard of him etc". Think the most ironic rant I read was from Ray Hadley calling him a nobody. Ray isn't even a pimple on the worlds arse !!!

It's laughable these days how many people need to be permanently outraged by something

Last edited:
Has been a crackup reading all the people blowing up that have "never heard of him etc". Think the most ironic rant I read was from Ray Hadley calling him a nobody. Ray isn't even a pimple on the worlds arse !!!

It's hilarious alright. People saying, "I've never heard of him", as if that's an insult to him, all it highlights is that persons own ignorance.

Not knowing something isn't something to brag about and to be used as insult.

NRL can't win.

Someone 20 would be happy with Macklemore
Someone 30 would be happy with Eminem
Someone 45 would be happy with Bruce Springsteen
Someone 60 would be happy with Barry White

You will never make everyone happy, if the music is not from your generation then you will think what is this crap.

It's a lot better than what we use to have, the highlight of the 95 grand final was the Optus TV display went wrong.

NRL Has Perfect Answer To Alan Jones' Grumpy Old Man Macklemore Rant - HuffPost Australia
https://apple.news/Aq6FqJIXhTzq7YMWqhCT7UA

Have a read - the NRL asked fans who they wanted and then responded...

As an aside I would suggest that many of the people who have an issue with the choice are not the target market for a game trying to expand their roots outside of its traditional base

NRL can't win.

Hey, I'm younger than I thought!

NRL can't win.

You will never make everyone happy, if the music is not from your generation then you will think what is this crap.

It's a lot better than what we use to have, the highlight of the 95 grand final was the Optus TV display went wrong.

Yeah, and:
Someone 5 would be happy with the Wiggles

I thought I read somewhere that there was a poll and Macklemore was the popular vote. Not sure who they polled but agree you are never going to please everyone.

Not sure why so many people are getting their knickers in a twist about it. I have more of a problem supporting either of the teams playing than the entertainment

Some people just moaning for the sake of it

lalalala.gif

NRL can't win.

BULL****!! oh wait I'm 66

'Well, they always say the game belongs to the fans. With this in mind, the NRL took the unprecedented step of actually asking fans who they'd like. The NRL organised a special focus group, and Macklemore emerged as the dominant choice.'
_ HuffPost

so there :p@:cool:

It's hilarious alright. People saying, "I've never heard of him", as if that's an insult to him, all it highlights is that persons own ignorance.

Not knowing something isn't something to brag about and to be used as insult.
They took r jobs!

NRL can't win.

It would be a major achievement if they could get Barry White !!

As for this year the NRL has done a Mr Magoo and arrived at a destination normally far beyond them and that is, maximum publicity.
Not since Tina Turner have they ever received coverage like this for anything they have ever done.

NRL can't win.

Barry would be happy too. He's dead.

Focus Group? Good grief. When the Nrl and Puffington Host start talking about focus groups my BS metre starts ringing loudly.

we don't have a tongue in cheek emoticon but the Huff Post is at least interesting

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7