Greenberg - Hasler negotiations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I had a different view at the time, but the club made the right decision in not going after Hasler and the Bulldogs. It enabled us to move on from the past and embrace the future, which is far more important than any damages we may have been awarded if we had commenced a legal battle that may still be going on today. The results are on the scoreboard for all to see.

Pepi said:
James Gavet who is killing it at the tigers

Well done Pepi - here is the thread
http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-Dogs-lure-Manly-bound-James-Gavet?highlight=gavet

Maybe the doggler wants out of the dogs coaching gig as he has received millions more from the next poor club where he will back end contracts and ditch them mid contract aswell ,so he is leaking these documents about greenturd :)

Jokes aside I'm enjoying this ,karma is a bitch....

I just heard on Triple J headlines that a footy CEO had resigned. I thought "jeez that was quick". Unfortunately was someone from AFL and not Greenberg :(

It OK guys. Greenberg has done nothing wrong. Hughes and Tunks just said so. What a relief. The same pair who bagged the broncos last year for approaching Ben Barba whilst still under contract at the Scumdogs.

I just heard that, couldn't help but laugh how Greenberg gets defended but others have been lambasted.

Now can you imagine if David Perry poached the dogs coach like that knob did? There would be a weeks worth of vitriol on the radio about it.

niccipops said:
Brings it all back to surface and when raised it still hurts how Hasler betrayed the playing group, club and fans.
The Manly men were out there busting their guts for Dessie, completely unaware that the man they looked up to had already decided to put player/fan/club relationships and loyalty behind him and chase the almighty dollar in a dodgy deal with Slimeberg.
That 2011 premiership and the club's overall performance since the Des-aster is something we should all be very proud of. Thank you so much Geoff Toovey. You have done an almighty job.
Be Manly, don't be a dawg!;)

Well said POP'S...

and people wonder and dont understand why i despise that club!!!!

SCUMDOGS !!!!! by name and by nature...

now hopefully we beat them at brookie this year , we have lost both games at brookie against them since scum des left...

hate them..... it bothers me every time they win..

GO THE MIGHTY EAGLES..... and any team that plays that other waste of space !!!

the mauler said:
One things for sure Josh Massoud is gunning for Greenturd.

I never really had anytime for Massoud in the past, but I'm starting to love his work!!!
Massoud is mates with Tandy

Hot Toddy's days are numbered. He has too much mud around him now.
As for Dessie I think we had a role to play here as well. Dessie is a career coach and we did push him a little too far IMO.

He was doing a good job and should have been offered a lucrative deal from the outset. We were just very lucky we had Tooves in the background.
I am sure Dessy also has regrets.
Hate the dogs with a passion though!

I get Greenbooga's action as he's an outsider anyway.

However, the real dog act has to be Hasler.
Not so much in him walking out but his attempt to rip us apart. The betrayal by one of your own has to the worst. I'll never forgive and I'll never forget.

I hate Hasler more each day.
It's a great feeling.

Greenturd is the Craig Thompson of the NRL.

Deny, deny, deny.....and when the evidence is stacked up against you.....deny some more. What a lowlife this bloke is. And Dogsler's no better.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
What would you guys do if the board didn't want you as a coach???.I know what i would be doing,negotiating with another team.

I think you miss the one GIGANTIC point.
We don't have to speculate who wants whom or not.
I won't have been sore at him if he left on his own.

The main sticking point with fans is that he tried to rip Manly apart.
Examples (no names mention but I know who they are):
- Abusing one staff for not going with him right in front of others.
- Sitting outside another staff's home for 2 hours trying to coerce him into signing with the Dogs while he's still Manly coach.
- Harrassing another to encourage him to go to the Dogs.

Imagine if he was successful in taking everyone with him.
Manly would have been but an empty shell and there were even doubts we would be open for business. Everyone was tipping us for our first ever spoon in 2012.
It's because many have stayed, that brought stability to our club.
It's also a blessing we have Tooves (a true Maroon and White man).

You can now stop defending Hasler because it's a losing cause.

As Arko have said,
"I’ve got no objection to Des (or anyone) leaving the club and going somewhere else if they feel that they can do better for themselves," Arthurson said.

"But if Des, or anybody else, is involved in decimating the club and pulling it to pieces, that’s when they get me off side.

"I spoke to Des, I rang him about it and I said, 'Des I’ve got no objection to you going to Canterbury if that’s what you want to do’.

“But I said, ‘I would hope you wouldn’t do anything to induce players or anybody else to leave the club'.

"He assured me he wouldn’t do that.

"I spoke to him again last night.

“He rang me and he denied that he has been doing any of this.

“What can I do but accept his word?

"It looks very bad."

He lied to Arko because those staff he tried to poached have already confirmed that being the case and we also know he was desperate to get Foran as well. He later got T-Rex instead.

He's just a down right dirty stinking liar and a two faced mongrel.

-

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
What would you guys do if the board didn't want you as a coach???.I know what i would be doing,negotiating with another team.

It's the manner in which he left...

As others have stated, he tried to tear the place apart with poaching and the like. What also sucks was the timing. He never gave the players, fans, and the club in general the time to savour victory; it was all about him leaving and the club were left to pick up the pieces at a time when they should have be rejoicing.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4