Greg Inglis Charged with Assault

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jethro link said:
Earlier this morning, Hadley played a section of an interview with Storm CEO Brian Waldron who said basically that he was only stood down this weekend and that they are not ruling him out of any games after that.  Hadley then said that it looks like David Gallop will have to step in and overrule them. We shall see.

The silence is defeaning so far from NRL headquarters on this issue

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=niccipops link=topic=181321.msg236168#msg236168 date=1249947929]
Maybe it's time to get a catholic nun with a ball tucked under her arm screaming down the sideline as \"The Face of the Game\". Though firstly they'd have to check her convent bedside drawers for scandalous things that vibrate.

They had better do a thorough background search:

[img=332x400]http://www.manofest.com/content/images/joomgallery/img_originals/funny_4/20_extremely_un-catholic_nun_photos_79/20_extremely_un-catholic_nun_photos_20090610_2019603278.jpg[/img]
[/quote] Bloody funny pic MB. Quick Mr Gallop, sign her up.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=niccipops link=topic=181321.msg236168#msg236168 date=1249947929]
Maybe it's time to get a catholic nun with a ball tucked under her arm screaming down the sideline as \"The Face of the Game\". Though firstly they'd have to check her convent bedside drawers for scandalous things that vibrate.
  And interview the kids that have been in their care for the past 40 years.
[/quote] I think that was the catholic brothers that got up to all those unspeakables, but not all the nuns wore halos either. I reckon the nuns at my old school had a vodka-still because me and some mates broke into the convent grounds one night, we opened an outdoor storage cupboard and all these potatoes came cascading down on us.

Based on the treatment of Brett in the press, I can't condemn him yet until the full story comes to light. (Even if he is a slimey Storm player).

But I do hope the NRL stance is consistent  ::)

It's funny how there has been no response from Gallop yet. The decision to suspend him so quickly has been met favourably however the "indefinite" part really needs to be clarified as it could mean anything or nothing.

Apparently he is to attend court tomorrow according to smh story. If he pleads guilty I'd expect him to be in major strife and gone for at least a few weeks, probably for the year. Bashing your partner has to be more serious than pooing in a hotel corridor, however distasteful the latter is. If on the other hand he pleads not guilty or does not enter a plea, then I'd say he will be back in the team in time to play Manly . . . if not before.

NRL urged to 'be consistent' with Inglis
Posted August 11, 2009 12:10:00

Manly has called for the NRL to be consistent in its response to allegations that Melbourne star Greg Inglis assaulted his girlfriend.

Inglis has been stood down indefinitely by the Storm and will face court tomorrow.

Earlier this year the NRL suspended Manly full-back Brett Stewart for four weeks for his drunken behaviour at the club's season launch.

Stewart is also facing charges of sexually assaulting a teenage girl that night.

Manly chairman Scott Penn says the NRL set a precedent in its handling of Stewart's case, which it should follow with Inglis.

"We've had dialogue in the past about consistency as we see it," he said.

"But the NRL is there to do a job and we're sure that they'll do it."

Federal Sports Minister Kate Ellis has expressed her disappointment over the latest scandal to rock the NRL.

She says this kind of incident has a wide effect.

"Every single time we have a story about sporting role models behaving badly, it reflects incredibly poorly not just on them, not just on their sport, not just on their team-mates but on sport in general," she said.

Inglis could face more punishment: Gallop

Posted August 11, 2009 15:37:00
Updated August 11, 2009 15:45:00

National Rugby League (NRL) chief executive David Gallop says Melbourne Storm star Greg Inglis is likely to face several weeks on the sidelines over the latest off-field scandal to rock the game.

Inglis has been suspended indefinitely by the Storm after being charged with assaulting his girlfriend Sally Robinson on Sunday.

The 22-year-old representative star will appear in a Melbourne court tomorrow on charges of unlawful assault and recklessly causing injury.

Mr Gallop has applauded Melbourne's action and says the NRL is also investigating the incident and could impose a a longer ban if necessary.
"At this stage what I'm saying is that I don't believe one week will be sufficient," he said.
"But let's wait and see as the facts come to light over the next couple of days and what comes out of the court process tomorrow."

Mr Gallop also acknowledged the charges against Inglis will further damage rugby league's reputation.
"I think everyone in the game is disappointed that we are dealing with this situation today," he said.
"Obviously our concern goes out for Sally and indeed Greg.
"The matter is back in court again tomorrow and its difficult to pre-empt what the next step is but in our view this would go beyond a one-week suspension."

The incident is another blow to the NRL, which featured Inglis and Manly full-back Brett Stewart in its early season advertising campaign.

When Stewart was charged with sexual assaulting a teenage girl, the NRL edited the advertisement to feature only Inglis.

The NRL also suspended Stewart for four weeks for his drunken behaviour at the club's season launch.

Stewart faces court next month.

The allegations against Inglis saw Manly chairman Scott Penn today call on the NRL to be consistent in its response.

Both the above articles refer to Strewart being banned for his drunk "behaviour". My memory might be lacking but I cannot recall any behaviour at all (prior to the assault allegation) ever being cited, it was just that he was intoxicated and refused service, so caught a cab home.

You are right SER.

Also I only expect sufficient consistancy from the NRL that makes Inglis unavailable for our match in Melbounre - any more that is not required IMO

Just thought I would relive my favourite G.I moment, and it was glorious to watch

Orford picks him out, passes to Glenn Hall, who rampages all over the top of him to help set up Bell's record breaking try

Beautiful

Well at least the Storm took a firm stand. Unlike what we did with Brett which was disgraceful, we needed the NRL to do it for us

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Inglis could face more punishment: Gallop

National Rugby League (NRL) chief executive David Gallop says Melbourne Storm star Greg Inglis is likely to face several weeks on the sidelines over the latest off-field scandal to rock the game.

Mr Gallop has applauded Melbourne's action and says the NRL is also investigating the incident and could impose a a longer ban if necessary.
\"At this stage what I'm saying is that I don't believe one week will be sufficient,\" he said.
\"But let's wait and see as the facts come to light over the next couple of days and what comes out of the court process tomorrow.\"

Mr Gallop also acknowledged the charges against Inglis will further damage rugby league's reputation.
\"I think everyone in the game is disappointed that we are dealing with this situation today,\" he said.

\"The matter is back in court again tomorrow and its difficult to pre-empt what the next step is but in our view this would go beyond a one-week suspension.\"

That is what I would have hoped Gallop would say. To his credit he has.

Then you get this one.

Two-week ban for Inglis likely to satisfy NRL
Brad Walter SMH | August 12, 2009

STORM star Greg Inglis is set to be stood down from playing for a shorter period than the four-match ban Manly's Brett Stewart received earlier this year because of the swift action taken by the Melbourne board after he was charged with assaulting his girlfriend.

Inglis, who will today appear in Sunshine Magistrates Court on counts of recklessly causing injury and unlawful assault, has already been ruled out of Monday night's match against Newcastle, but how much longer he remains sidelined might depend on the evidence presented by police.

The Herald was told last night Inglis might plead guilty to the lesser charge of unlawful assault, while his girlfriend, Sally Robinson, is understood to have told friends that the 22-year-old Australian and Queensland representative did not punch her.

Channel Nine last night reported that the incident, which occurred in the early hours of Sunday morning, followed an argument between the pair after Inglis found a series of text messages on Robinson's phone.

While admitting that it was ''disappointing and frustrating'' to have both stars of this year's NRL advertising campaign embroiled in off-field scandals, league chief executive David Gallop said all players would be held accountable if they brought the game into disrepute.

However, he also said clubs had to take responsibility for meting out sufficient penalties to players who misbehaved, and indicated that the Sea Eagles' refusal to stand down Stewart, who was charged with sexual assault after the club's boozy season launch in March, had resulted in his receiving a longer ban than usually expected.

''Each issue has to be dealt with on its merits,'' Gallop said. ''Manly didn't take any action at the time, [so] the league took action on the basis that a player was publicly drunk and asked to leave licensed premises at their season launch - a player who had been handed the responsibility of being the face or one of the faces of our ad campaign.''

The Herald reported at the time that if Manly had stood down Stewart for two matches, the NRL would likely have been satisfied, and a similar ban on Inglis may also be considered sufficient.

Here is the latest :

Assault case against Greg Inglis adjourned

Australian Associated Press

National Rugby League star Greg Inglis has faced court charged with assaulting his girlfriend.

Proceedings against Inglis were adjourned for two weeks after a brief appearance in the Sunshine Magistrates' Court on Wednesday morning.

Inglis stood throughout the five-minute hearing.

He appeared in court in a dark grey suit, light blue shirt and purple tie.

Magistrate Noreen Toohey warned Inglis he risked having his bail revoked if he breached bail conditions.

Inglis, who plays for the Melbourne Storm, will next appear in court on August 26.

He is charged with recklessly causing injury and unlawful assault over an incident on Sunday which allegedly left girlfriend Sally Robinson with a black eye.

Ms Robinson was not in court on Wednesday.

Outside court, Melbourne chief executive Brian Waldron said the club would consider its position and make a media statement later on Wednesday.

Inglis left court without making comment.

ManlyBacker link said:
Then you get this one.

Two-week ban for Inglis likely to satisfy NRL
Brad Walter SMH | August 12, 2009

STORM star Greg Inglis is set to be stood down from playing for a shorter period than the four-match ban Manly's Brett Stewart received earlier this year because of the swift action taken by the Melbourne board after he was charged with assaulting his girlfriend.

Inglis, who will today appear in Sunshine Magistrates Court on counts of recklessly causing injury and unlawful assault, has already been ruled out of Monday night's match against Newcastle, but how much longer he remains sidelined might depend on the evidence presented by police.

The Herald was told last night Inglis might plead guilty to the lesser charge of unlawful assault, while his girlfriend, Sally Robinson, is understood to have told friends that the 22-year-old Australian and Queensland representative did not punch her.

Channel Nine last night reported that the incident, which occurred in the early hours of Sunday morning, followed an argument between the pair after Inglis found a series of text messages on Robinson's phone.

While admitting that it was ''disappointing and frustrating'' to have both stars of this year's NRL advertising campaign embroiled in off-field scandals, league chief executive David Gallop said all players would be held accountable if they brought the game into disrepute.

However, he also said clubs had to take responsibility for meting out sufficient penalties to players who misbehaved, and indicated that the Sea Eagles' refusal to stand down Stewart, who was charged with sexual assault after the club's boozy season launch in March, had resulted in his receiving a longer ban than usually expected.

''Each issue has to be dealt with on its merits,'' Gallop said. ''Manly didn't take any action at the time, [so] the league took action on the basis that a player was publicly drunk and asked to leave licensed premises at their season launch - a player who had been handed the responsibility of being the face or one of the faces of our ad campaign.''

The Herald reported at the time that if Manly had stood down Stewart for two matches, the NRL would likely have been satisfied, and a similar ban on Inglis may also be considered sufficient.
David Gallop is a ****

that is all

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4