Greg Inglis Charged with Assault

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As some have rightly said how much can this great game of ours take ? i honestly don't have an answer but one thing is for sure it's not helping our code that's for sure.

I really hope that his girlfriend gets through this and has lots of support from her family and friends.

It will be interesting to see what Gallop says about this in his press release lol

We all know Inglis won't be suspended.  Stewart was not suspended for being charged.  He was suspended for being drunk and disorderly.  The inconsistency has already been show on those who have done the same and escaped (Myles excepted).

Gallop will face the hounds and trot out the "innocent until proven otherwise" line and deflect questions about the Stewart similarities with the "drunken and disorderly" distraction.

If we hadn't lost our last two games, this Inglis thing - he's now been suspended indefinitely by the Storm pending police investigation - probably would've gotten us into the top 4.

But like most people, i'm laughing because it's the Storm and Inglis... i'm crying because it's our game.
I'll be objective though, I'm not saying he's guilty or a grub or anything like that yet.  Something tells me the girlfriend will stick by her man...

Fulton link said:
will rothfield put this on the back page after his \"scandal free zone\" was announced.

Nope it missed the back page....... that has a story about Ben Ross signing a 1 year deal with souths for $49,000

This story is on the front page and pages 4 + 5 not a mention in the sports pages.

Matabele link said:
We all know Inglis won't be suspended.  Stewart was not suspended for being charged.  He was suspended for being drunk and disorderly.  The inconsistency has already been show on those who have done the same and escaped (Myles excepted).

Gallop will face the hounds and trot out the \"innocent until proven otherwise\" line and deflect questions about the Stewart similarities with the \"drunken and disorderly\" distraction.

stood down indefinitely

As much as it pains me (again) i have to admit i am a little impressed with the storms reaction (stood down etc)

[img=300x400]http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2009/08/10/1225759/993087-dtsplash-inglis-assault.jpg[/img]

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/greg-inglis-charged-with-bashing-lover-sally-robinson/story-e6freuy9-1225760017405

The couple arrived separately at the home yesterday, two blackened eyes visible on the face of Ms Robinson.
She appeared to be trying to hide the injuries behind her hair as she got out of her car.

any man that hits a woman is a grub and a coward

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=181321.msg236104#msg236104 date=1249905395]

Gallop will face the hounds and trot out the \"innocent until proven otherwise\" line and deflect questions about the Stewart similarities with the \"drunken and disorderly\" distraction.

stood down indefinitely
[/quote]  In other words he *may* not play this weekend while they think of an excuse to bring him back.  Given we play them the following weekend I would suggest it's a 50/50 proposition at the very least that he'll be back to throw Wolfman around like a ragdoll a la Origin. 

Meanwhile, in another Galaxy…..

Gallop: “Greg Inglis was chosen to be the face of our ad campaign and to launch the 2009 season. He was placed in a position of trust and great honour by the game and he has let the game down. The players and the clubs need to know that we are not going to accept that. Players shouldn't need to be told that the week before the crucial period leading into the Finals is double demerit time. Greg had a big responsibility to the code and he is now Mr Double Demerit. I would expect the Storm would talk to us about any new information and review, so it's difficult to speculate on whether he will play for the rest of the year."

BErKeLEy_eAgLe, your right no man should hit a woman and I am not defending Inglis however there is always two sides to the story and we do not know what his GF did to provoke him. In saying that, Inglis should never have placed himself in that situation that he now faces.

If its proven that he or any male actually uses physical violence against a woman then it should be mandatory gaol time.

I feel sad for the game and I'm astonished that these clowns that call themselves football players, stars or hero's time and time again place themselves in the wrong situation and cannot walk away from a confrontation. The game itself I do not believe can endure much more given that there were 3 or 4 similar incidents this from the rorters.

Every NRL player needs to take a good hard look at themselves and realise that the game is haemorrhaging and you can’t continue to allow it to bleed.

The other aspect that I really despise of this situation is of how the media underhandedly tries to link Manly to the situation and referring to our own incident at season launch. Why can’t the scum just kept it as it is, a separate individual incident involving the Storm and a Storm player.

Whatever Gallop is doing isnt working, perhaps its time for Gallop to do one thing that will possibly work and go resign his post

Maybe it's time to get a catholic nun with a ball tucked under her arm screaming down the sideline as "The Face of the Game". Though firstly they'd have to check her convent bedside drawers for scandalous things that vibrate.

niccipops link said:
Maybe it's time to get a catholic nun with a ball tucked under her arm screaming down the sideline as \"The Face of the Game\". Though firstly they'd have to check her convent bedside drawers for scandalous things that vibrate.
  And interview the kids that have been in their care for the past 40 years.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[img=300x400]http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2009/08/10/1225759/993087-dtsplash-inglis-assault.jpg[/img]

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/greg-inglis-charged-with-bashing-lover-sally-robinson/story-e6freuy9-1225760017405

The couple arrived separately at the home yesterday, two blackened eyes visible on the face of Ms Robinson.
She appeared to be trying to hide the injuries behind her hair as she got out of her car.

any man that hits a woman is a grub and a coward

here here BE and while there's always two sides to a story and all the facts are not clear ? but no woman should be used as a punching bag for crying out loud just walk away.

niccipops link said:
Maybe it's time to get a catholic nun with a ball tucked under her arm screaming down the sideline as \"The Face of the Game\". Though firstly they'd have to check her convent bedside drawers for scandalous things that vibrate.

lol niccipops this reminds me of the comedy classic movie, Nuns On The Run not sure if your seen it or not ? but it's a real laugh.

Earlier this morning, Hadley played a section of an interview with Storm CEO Brian Waldron who said basically that he was only stood down this weekend and that they are not ruling him out of any games after that.  Hadley then said that it looks like David Gallop will have to step in and overrule them. We shall see.

niccipops link said:

They had better do a thorough background search:

[img=332x400]http://www.manofest.com/content/images/joomgallery/img_originals/funny_4/20_extremely_un-catholic_nun_photos_79/20_extremely_un-catholic_nun_photos_20090610_2019603278.jpg[/img]

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2