• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan has a pulse (I'm assuming) so he is already overqualified for Gallop's job.

Dan link said:
The rules original intention was that if the ball contacts the post it is out as it would have gone through that space and ended up out of play, that was later distorted to any contact but for mine if the ball by itself ever contacts the post it should always be considered out

Dan, I agree with what you are saying about if the ball contacts the corner post it is out as it would have gone through that space and ended up out of play, but you could also use that analogy towards goal kicking if the ball hits the upright post and rebounds between the posts.  I know that it is considered as a goal but should it be?

There is a specific rule for that, and there is no dispute about it. Whilst on the surface it may seem like the same thing it in reality completely different.

To judge whether the ball goes dead in goals or in play.

Makes it easier for the touch judges who would otherwise be in line with the play and running toward where the ball is kicked.

Though they could be replaced with just a quick look by the video ref I guess.

I still think this rule should have just stayed the same

Perfect example today of why the post is irrelevant these days, it robbed us of a great try to Matai, 2m further into the in goal it is a fair try

But the post is part of the field and a parameter that everyone has always played too. That isn't irrelevant it is the rules and the game.

It used to be required to help the touchies, we have video ref for that these days

Keep it there as a guideline, but don't deny people a try for touching it 2 feet in the air

I tell you one thing, I'm getting sick the farking death of Gus going on about how hardly done by Melbourne are. Wake up knob, they cheated and they have been punished, if I hear you say one more time how you love watching them play and what a great team they are I'll farking scream. We'd be a great team and the benchmark of professionalism if we were spending upwards of $1mil over the salary cap as well, as would any team. Surely that axe is ground down to the handle by now, so switch off the grinder and expend some energy on coming up with a solution instead of just sniping away at Gallop and the NRL on this salary cap issue you farking fat headed buffoon. Oh by the way, it is brilliant not bwillyant.

I second that.

Talk about a good head for radio. He's looking more like Jabba the Hutt every year. ;D

I like Gus' footy insights but ole bee-sting has really exposed his agendas & stubborness during this whole storm affair.

He shouldnt be on the new IC. The new commission would be wise to keep away from overbearing, non listeners who want to dominate others in discussions for the sake of ego.

Agreed jatz though I think Gus's footy insights are way too clouded by his ego and inability to listen to anyone else.

He also shows a distinct lack of thinking through his ideas properly.

His one suggestion that raising the salary cap means we will get 16 teams of the quality of Melbourne was to me on par with Pauline Hansons idea of printing more money.

More money doesn't suddenly increase the talent pool, it simply means players values go up.

Honestly he is a first class idiot with a great football brain.

Gus ,makes me cringe all game long.I would much rather see the telecast on Fox,rather than  listen to his holier than thou rhetoric.His constant criticism of every play is relentless.Especially coming from such a sub par player that he was...F#ck off Gus ,please !!

Agreed robiea, I turn the sound down with the 9 coverage.  There's way to much stupidity talked about.  Just junk from the lot of them.  Gould is too opinionated to be objective about the game.  Too many agendas, too many axes etc...And stupid old rabbits ought to go as well.  Bring back the moose.  Why do these people have animal names?   

Haha, Moose. He was terrible, especially near the end (which is when I remember him from). He'd get all the players names wrong.

Rabbits has always been an idiot. He makes up his own names for plays that have had perfectly good names for 100 years.

Andy Raymond is the pick of the bunch for me at the moment.

Was Frank Hyde ever considered a celebrity?  I suspect commentary on Ch9 has gone south ever since they decided they'd build a profile for the stupid chumps.  They could all take a leaf out of the Benaud Silence in Golden booklet. 

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183018.msg261530#msg261530 date=1272934591]
Why do these people have animal names?   

I cant bear it.
[/quote]

Neither could Ian Maurice

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8