Gutherson & Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I am told the problem is that Fulton went out and bought players assuming that the club could dump plenty of players still on contract. Of course dumping players still on contract hasn't been that simple. A bit of extreme worry now for the management re salary cap. Thus desperate last minute measures. Sad, but again laughable management.
So a CEO/COO (yes we now have both) doesn't check the kitty before signing off on the contracts - WTF :confused:

Manly fans left stunned over list management strategy
September 28, 2015 5:06pm
By Adam Lucius

Stunned Manly fans talent are outraged the club has dumped Clint Gutherson and allowed bitter rival Parramatta to pick him up.
The highly regarded Gutherson was released from the final two years of his Manly deal and was immediately snapped up by the Eels on a three-year deal.

Shocked Sea Eagles supporters are asking why the club would let such a young talent leave while signing the likes of injury-prone Tim Moltzen.

But the decision has left rivals fans laughing.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...es-clint-gutherson/1o10ta72fl4ln1kuz2762uandf

@ pjayz . Gutherson struggles defensively. Only scored "finishers" tries in 1st grade. He's a Holden, compared to the Ferrari we have in TomT. Seriously, get over his loss. Get behind Barrett as we have a host of young players that posses better qualities than Gutherson.

When did Hopoate perform in Origin? I know he won a premiership with us in 2011, but seriously, he should never have been anywhere near Origin this year unless he was a spectator.

His NSW selection this year was literally out of the blue and not once in the series did he justify his selection, yet he somehow got picked for all 3 games.

Sorry but I would much rather have Gutho as a utility back than Will Hopoate.
Holden V8 I think you are way out of tune and miss firing in all cylinders when you say that you would rather have Gutho over Hoppa
Hoppa didn't have the best SOO series but he was selected on merit .
At the age of 18 in 2011 Hoppa was a star for us in our grand final win against NZ and in the same year was selected to play for NSW He is the second youngest player behind Fittler ever selected to play for NSW and he scored a try on debut . Hoppa also represented City NSW 2011-2014
That Mormon mission took a little out of his career and more game time will see him at his best as he is still only 23 years of age
Hoppa is quicker and stronger than Gutho as well
Gutho at 21 years of age achievements is only 16 nrl games . No comparison with Hoppa feathered friend

Unbelievable..........WTF is going on??? It just goes from **** to ****tier with this bunch of muppets running the joint. This is extremely disappointing.....! I

I have watched Gutho for quite some time and think he is a very talented young man. Maybe that is the problem, he is young and talented and does not fit the current Manly recruitment strategy of getting has beens, never beens, injury prone or old players.

Seriously since the Penns and ZtH have taken control there has been nothing but incompetence, arrogance and just down right bad decision making. Their ego's are destroying the place. And now I am starting to think Bozo is definitely a clown and Barret was just bought in to be their little puppet.

The decision to let Gutho go is just ridiculous.

I am feeling very, very upset for our club, somebody please do something and take the matches away from these juvenile delinquents before they burn the place completely to the ground. :mad:

Last edited:
@ pjayz . Gutherson struggles defensively. Only scored "finishers" tries in 1st grade. He's a Holden, compared to the Ferrari we have in TomT. Seriously, get over his loss. Get behind Barrett as we have a host of young players that posses better qualities than Gutherson.
Actually Beavie Boy I have been a strong advocate for Barrett and giving him a go. You obviously haven't watched much of Gutherson play. He has an excellent running and passing game, has very good vision and is not as bad defensively as you make out. He is way more than just a finisher and is also an excellent goal kicker which is something we lack.

The Parramatta factor aside (as in, they can't improve players), Gutherson will prove to be a quality player in years to come.

Who???

Couldn't disagree more. He should have been kept. Matai and Lyon will retire in the next couple of years, most likely at the end of 2017. Gutho would have been the ideal replacement for either of those two, considering he was already contracted up to the end of 2017. Tommy T doesn't come into the equation as he will be the replacement for Snake. It's just another ridiculous decision, in a long line of stupid decisions the club has made lately.

You may be right, it could turn out to be a ridiculous decision and I don't want to see him go either but...here's some thoughts.
When we re-signed him ( and no doubt significantly upgraded his contract ) at the start of the year he would've been in our top 25 and in was definitely in our 2015 first grade plans as he was covering for Matai in Rd 1- the dreaded ACL tear that has stymied many a career couldn't have come at a worse time for him or the club.
This opened the door for Tom Turbo ( who's on the 2nd tier cap )and he exceeded expectations playing against the big boys -so we need lock in and upgrade his contract along with Jake.

The club may have been thinking that with Gifty gone and the way it went down that Snake and maybe Matai would spit the dummy like Choc and not want to hang around - and if they were forced out we'd all be descending on the club with flaming torches and effigies of Penn and Zorba.
Matai and Snake realise where their bread is buttered and decide to stay and who can blame them, their worth to our club on and off the field is immeasurable. They still put in and would walk into most other NRL squads.

Everyone agrees that we needed more/better forwards and that you may have the best backline in the comp and a couple of guns in Gutho and Tom so where do you spend. Seven into five doesn't quite work.
The young guys these days want to cash in while they're hot, take DCE as an example, in his first year he wins the comp on $85K so rightly gets an upgrade. How are the Storm going to go when it's time for Munster to talk next contract?

It's all in the timing, things change.

Hindsight is great, look at JWH but the Chooks offered overs on potential and our forwards were doing the job, so what's he to think. There isn't too many young "stars" that are happy to bide their time in ressies these days and Gutho shows they are all only a (potentially) career ending injury away.

As for the crap about signing Moltzen and releasing Gutho as being ridiculous, surely Moltzen is only on the 2nd tier cap and anything more is a bonus.

100% agree Bozo. Hoppa was close to best on ground in the 2011 decider (I had him @ $41, 50 times for Churchill medal- damn it !). He gave Nielsen an absolute bath in Origin 2 until he went off injured. In a shocking Parramatta team he was still in origin this year.

I would take him back in a heartbeat. Still hopes he comes back... Big time!

Funny how the fat Greek came out saying the last 3 yrs recruitment strategies have left a lot to be desired.

I think this whole Gutherson thing comes down to whether you think he is a centre or not. Toovey obviously did seeing as he gave him first crack in Round1 in Skivvi's absence. Maybe Bozo / Barrett don't feel he is cut out for centre and he isn't worth holding on to as a 3rd string fullback behind Snake and TT. Do you hang onto the guy for another 2 years just for depth in outside backs. He is behind Turbo as first drop.

I personally don't think Gutho is a centre, it's a tough possie and he looks a little light on physically. Centre is probably the most crucial spot on the field defensively, so you don't want to be found wanting in that department. Had Gutho not got injured we might have had a clearer picture of what he could offer, but with 2 longish term injuries the last two seasons he hasn't had a chance to showcase his wares fully.

Maybe they are being genuinely generous and releasing him to take up a better opportunity to develop his game. He was probably looking at minimum game time next year if everyone stayed fit. Still I don't see where he gets a regular spot at Parra in their 17. Gordon at 1, Semi has a mortgage on one wing, he has Folau, Farimo, Toutai on other side, Morgan, Takairangi and Hoppa in centres. Then they have to find a home for Norman if Foran plays 6. Gutho doesn't start in their 17 either IMO.
Very logical post Chippy

Unbelievable..........WTF is going on??? It just goes from **** to ****tier with this bunch of muppets running the joint. This is extremely disappointing.....! I

I have watched Gutho for quite some time and think he is a very talented young man. Maybe that is the problem, he is young and talented and does not fit the current Manly recruitment strategy of getting has beens, never beens, injury prone or old players.

Seriously since the Penns and ZtH have taken control there has been nothing but incompetence, arrogance and just down right bad decision making. Their ego's are destroying the place. And now I am starting to think Bozo is definitely a clown and Barret was just bought in to be their little puppet.

The decision to let Gutho go is just ridiculous.

I am feeling very, very upset for our club, somebody please do something and take the matches away from these juvenile delinquents before they burn the place completely to the ground. :mad:
Who would you have been happy to lose instead of Gutho Tom T ?
Matai our enforcer ? Hiku NZ rep ? Taufua the terror ? or the sensational Snake ?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10