Gutherson & Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
As posted on Facebook........

Manly Sea Eagles board members.
12072792_1033515040015546_1978575585836435921_n.jpg

Good to know that Liam Knight is under contract for next season. Hope they get a new deal done soon.

Seems odd that we released Gutho but sign Moltzen. Time will tell.
And will apparently sign Isaac John. The only way this makes sense is if they had to clear space for someone decent.

Maybe Foz is taking the baton to Parra with him ?? Gutho is staying close for the handover and then will run back to Brookie in 2018

c. He should have been kept. Matai and Lyon will retire in the next couple of years, most likely at the end of 2017. Gutho would have been the ideal replacement for either of those two, considering he was already contracted up to the end of 2017. Tommy T doesn't come into the equation as he will be the replacement for Snake. It's just another ridiculous decision, in a long line of stupid decisions the club has made lately.
Couldn't disagree more
If we released the BEST young back Tom T in the NRL then I would be upset . Tom T will command big dollars and we have to secure him . We also extended Snake' s contract so now the salary cap does come into the equation . Gutho was going to be behind Snake Taufua Matai Hiku and Tom in our backline . I would rather have the funds in the cap to secure Knight .
We cant keep them all feathered friends but we have kept the best in Tom .

Last edited:
Couldn't disagree more
If we released the BEST young back Jake T in the NRL then I would be upset . Jake T will command big dollars and we have to secure him . We also extended Snake' s contract so now the salary cap does come into the equation . Gutho was going to be behind Snake Taufua Matai Hiku and Jake in our backline . I would rather have the funds in the cap to secure Knight .
We cant keep them all feathered friends but we have kept the best in Jake .
You mean Tom T. I would've kept them both.

This is a bad decision by the club! he may of had a terrible haircut but he is a quality player, represented his state and county in lower divisions. Hasn't looked out of place when playing first grade and has an amazing goal kicking average. Imo I would have preferred to see Hiku leave in appose to Gutho
Gutho on the wing for Hiku, would of been a good swap

Sea Eagles release boom rookie Gutherson
  • 28Sept_ClintonGutherson_800x600.jpg

Manly have released young gun Clinton Gutherson from the final two years of his NRL contract.
Manly have released young gun Clinton Gutherson from the final two years of his NRL contract. He is expected to link with Parramatta.
Gutherson is expected to join Parramatta after being released from his NRL contract with Manly.
The Sea Eagles announced on Monday that despite earlier this year re-signing with the club until the end of 2017, the former Australian Schoolboy was being let go.

"The club recently extended the contracts of some of our experienced players and further enhanced our depth through the recruitment of players who can cover several positions," the statement read.

"Accordingly it became clear that Clinton would no longer receive the opportunity to further develop through consistent selection at NRL level with the Sea Eagles."

Gutherson, 21, can play fullback, wing or centre and looked every bit an NRL player in the five top grade games he has played, but an ACL injury suffered in round one this season brought an end to his year.

He has represented NSW at under-20s, under-18s and under-16s level and is considered one of the game's most promising up-and-coming players.

But new coach Trent Barrett has deemed him surplus to requirements.

If he joins Parramatta, Gutherson will link with former Manly assistant and now head coach at the Eels Brad Arthur.

I think this whole Gutherson thing comes down to whether you think he is a centre or not. Toovey obviously did seeing as he gave him first crack in Round1 in Skivvi's absence. Maybe Bozo / Barrett don't feel he is cut out for centre and he isn't worth holding on to as a 3rd string fullback behind Snake and TT. Do you hang onto the guy for another 2 years just for depth in outside backs. He is behind Turbo as first drop.

I personally don't think Gutho is a centre, it's a tough possie and he looks a little light on physically. Centre is probably the most crucial spot on the field defensively, so you don't want to be found wanting in that department. Had Gutho not got injured we might have had a clearer picture of what he could offer, but with 2 longish term injuries the last two seasons he hasn't had a chance to showcase his wares fully.

Maybe they are being genuinely generous and releasing him to take up a better opportunity to develop his game. He was probably looking at minimum game time next year if everyone stayed fit. Still I don't see where he gets a regular spot at Parra in their 17. Gordon at 1, Semi has a mortgage on one wing, he has Folau, Farimo, Toutai on other side, Morgan, Takairangi and Hoppa in centres. Then they have to find a home for Norman if Foran plays 6. Gutho doesn't start in their 17 either IMO.

Manly have released young gun Clinton Gutherson from the final two years of his NRL contract.
Manly have released young gun Clinton Gutherson from the final two years of his NRL contract. He is expected to link with Parramatta.
Gutherson is expected to join Parramatta after being released from his NRL contract with Manly.
The Sea Eagles announced on Monday that despite earlier this year re-signing with the club until the end of 2017, the former Australian Schoolboy was being let go.

"The club recently extended the contracts of some of our experienced players and further enhanced our depth through the recruitment of players who can cover several positions," the statement read.

"Accordingly it became clear that Clinton would no longer receive the opportunity to further develop through consistent selection at NRL level with the Sea Eagles."

Gutherson, 21, can play fullback, wing or centre and looked every bit an NRL player in the five top grade games he has played, but an ACL injury suffered in round one this season brought an end to his year.

He has represented NSW at under-20s, under-18s and under-16s level and is considered one of the game's most promising up-and-coming players.

If he joins Parramatta, Gutherson will link with former Manly assistant and now head coach at the Eels Brad Arthur.

What a joke ! I wouldn't be surprised if Manly have made some $$$ off Gutherson going to Parramatta with them paying some of the $$$$ off his contract and Manly putting some of that money towards one of the old hacks coming to the club. Disappointing to see Barrett and Bozo not supporting our locals

I think this whole Gutherson thing comes down to whether you think he is a centre or not. Toovey obviously did seeing as he gave him first crack in Round1 in Skivvi's absence. Maybe Bozo / Barrett don't feel he is cut out for centre and he isn't worth holding on to as a 3rd string fullback behind Snake and TT. Do you hang onto the guy for another 2 years just for depth in outside backs. He is behind Turbo as first drop.

I personally don't think Gutho is a centre, it's a tough possie and he looks a little light on physically. Centre is probably the most crucial spot on the field defensively, so you don't want to be found wanting in that department. Had Gutho not got injured we might have had a clearer picture of what he could offer, but with 2 longish term injuries the last two seasons he hasn't had a chance to showcase his wares fully.

Maybe they are being genuinely generous and releasing him to take up a better opportunity to develop his game. He was probably looking at minimum game time next year if everyone stayed fit. Still I don't see where he gets a regular spot at Parra in their 17. Gordon at 1, Semi has a mortgage on one wing, he has Folau, Farimo, Toutai on other side, Morgan, Takairangi and Hoppa in centres. Then they have to find a home for Norman if Foran plays 6. Gutho doesn't start in their 17 either IMO.
Couldn't of said it better myself

I actually thought that putting Gutho onto the wing and moving Jorge to the centres as Skivy's future replacement would have been the better way to go. First of all Gutho is faster than Jorge so that adds much needed pace on the left. Jorge as we know is almost horrible under a high kick while as a fullback we know Gutho would be a lot safer. Plus Gutho can kick goals. And like Peta Hiku I think that Jorge, defensively will be better in the centres.

What does Will Hopoate offer? In his two years at the Speels he has played mediocre at best. He has no speed to speak of and how in hell he ever got selected for Origin this year.....that must have been Bozo's influence.

Like most Manly fans I have a lot of respect for what Bozo has done with this club and the Aussie test team in the past. But seriously, if the last 10 years of Origin are anything to go by where Bozo was probably the head of NSW selectors.....Manly are in trouble. It seems that players like Darcy Lussick and Will Hopoate are being brought back more because their dads are mates with Bozo than for any reason to actually help the club.

Gutho has one ACL injury and is flicked for Moltzen who is deemed the 'Unluckiest Player in the NRL'.
By the time the 2015 season kicks off on March 5, Wests Tigers utility Tim Moltzen will have gone exactly 677 days without an NRL game.
http://www.nrl.com/nrls-unluckiest-player-tim-moltzen-qa/tabid/10874/newsid/83188/default.aspx
In March 2015, Moltzen damages his shoulder and is out for yet another Season :eek:

Bozo is kidding:mad:

One newbie, Wright is already out for most of the 2016 Season with his ACL injury from last week.

Barrett is being blamed for cutting Gutho, but I don;t buy that. This is the work of fools.
He was already signed and, presumably, we were under the salary cap yet the fool/s buy some ordinary players from other clubs which has put us over the cap! And they expect us to swallow that explan.
Why we needed to lengthen Snake's contract by a further season surprises me, when we had Tom T, Gutho and Hiku as replacement in years to come.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10