Gutherson & Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why did we bother resigning him if we are just going to turn around and release him ? Unless we have another signing to be announced and we are freeing up space. One can only hope.

Was probably the subsequent extension signed by Snake that forced the matter, as well as the emergence of TT as a genuine talent in the top grade. It was always looking optimistic to see the kids re-signed and then hang around a few years, while we still didn't have solid end dates for our senior players. If this is the only fallout, I can wear it.

So some of you think that Gutherson would beat out Michael Gordon as the Eels fullback next year?!

Zorba seems more like one to single handedly put away a whole Dee's Feast from Mint...
I do love the irony of the Penns making their fortune from weight loss. 'Bout the only thing I love about the whole situation really.

I do love the irony of the Penns making their fortune from weight loss. 'Bout the only thing I love about the whole situation really.
Maybe that's why Scott keeps Zorba around - remind himself of what he doesn't want to become...

Gutho leaving isn't a huge loss. Given the consensus that he can only play wing or FB, and that he is well behind TT in both those positions, its a fair call to let him head off to a team that may play him in 1sts.

I think this puts TT in a good spot development wise & snake can focus on training him up for his eventual retirement day.

Manly/Bozo did the right thing letting him go to Doesntmatta. At least there he has a chance of playing 1sts in his preferred position of FB, rather than sitting on the sidelines waiting for TT to get injured.

The salary cap is just a ruse I suspect. I'd say Bozo told him where he stands in the 2016 pecking order (behind TT) and quite rightly Gutho looked at other options.

Short careers don't make it easy to sit in shadows watching others earn big $'s.

You know, I have no problem with Bozo being a good influence behind the scenes. But if part of the end result is players like Darcy Lussick and Will Hopoate being brought back to the club simply to make their respective dad's happy because they are mates with Bozo........then something isn't right.

We need an impact forward......we get Lussick because Bozo is mates with his old man. And no offence to Darcy but he is hardly among the top of the pile of NRL forwards.

We are losing a talented young back in Gutho (though i agree his defence needs a lot of work) and basically look like swapping him for Will Hopoate who IMO is easily the most overrated footballer in the NRL.....and shock horror Bozo is mates with his old man.

This whole episode stinks more than an open tin of sardines that's been left in the sun for a few weeks.

We thought that about Gutherson also, when they resigned him...means nothing with this mob of lunatics in charge.
"The Club will continue to develop Liam to ensure that he pushes for NRL selection in the near future."

Hopefully with us! That was a wishy-washy statement if I've ever seen one!

Gutho leaving isn't a huge loss. Given the consensus that he can only play wing or FB, and that he is well behind TT in both those positions, its a fair call to let him head off to a team that may play him in 1sts.
Couldn't disagree more. He should have been kept. Matai and Lyon will retire in the next couple of years, most likely at the end of 2017. Gutho would have been the ideal replacement for either of those two, considering he was already contracted up to the end of 2017. Tommy T doesn't come into the equation as he will be the replacement for Snake. It's just another ridiculous decision, in a long line of stupid decisions the club has made lately.

Good to know that Liam Knight is under contract for next season. Hope they get a new deal done soon.

Seems odd that we released Gutho but sign Moltzen. Time will tell.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8