Gutherson & Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I still think Moltzen is only Littlejohn cover. We still need to field a NSW cup squad and a bunch of them are gone too...
If Moltzen hasn't got onto the field in 3 years, even NSW Cup won't be able to use him with crutches :mad:
We all so Hoppa lose his mojo after 2 years without footy - Hass must have given Moltzen the Goat Photos, as nothing about his recruitment makes sense :confused:

Last edited:
Couldn't disagree more
If we released the BEST young back Jake T in the NRL then I would be upset . Jake T will command big dollars and we have to secure him . We also extended Snake' s contract so now the salary cap does come into the equation . Gutho was going to be behind Snake Taufua Matai Hiku and Jake in our backline . I would rather have the funds in the cap to secure Knight .
We cant keep them all feathered friends but we have kept the best in Jake .

I think he is too slow for the backs, Starling is quicker as shown by running down wingers a couple of times this year.

Keep him up front where he belongs

I still think Moltzen is only Littlejohn cover. We still need to field a NSW cup squad and a bunch of them are gone too...

Could not agree more. I've said all along that Moltzen is nothing more than a straight swap for JLJ. One NSW Cup level half for another.

Should have release Stewart instead, would have taken away so much cap pressure and lets be honest he doesn't always put in any more for what ever the reason valid or not.

I actually thought that putting Gutho onto the wing and moving Jorge to the centres as Skivy's future replacement would have been the better way to go. First of all Gutho is faster than Jorge so that adds much needed pace on the left. Jorge as we know is almost horrible under a high kick while as a fullback we know Gutho would be a lot safer. Plus Gutho can kick goals. And like Peta Hiku I think that Jorge, defensively will be better in the centres.

What does Will Hopoate offer? In his two years at the Speels he has played mediocre at best. He has no speed to speak of and how in hell he ever got selected for Origin this year.....that must have been Bozo's influence.

Like most Manly fans I have a lot of respect for what Bozo has done with this club and the Aussie test team in the past. But seriously, if the last 10 years of Origin are anything to go by where Bozo was probably the head of NSW selectors.....Manly are in trouble. It seems that players like Darcy Lussick and Will Hopoate are being brought back more because their dads are mates with Bozo than for any reason to actually help the club.

I like Jorge on the wing. Is a fantastic finisher and had a great second half to the year. Was doing lots of work at dummy half and finished off some great tries. He is not slow..at all. Would put him second only behind Tom T.

Gutho would excel on wing as well, but too light on for Centre. And wouldn't want to see Jorge at centre. The hardest defensive position in the whole back line.

To be honest, Hoppa is a better centre prospect than Gutho. yes, he form hasn't been great, but he could easily recapture that will good coaching and a good strength and conditioning resume. He has also performed at origin and GF. He has got a lot of talent. Just needs to regain that explosiveness

If Moltzen hasn't got onto the field in 3 years, even NSW Cup won't be able to use him with crutches :mad:
We all so Hoppa lose his mojo after 2 years without footy - Hass must have given Moltzen the Goat Photos, as nothing about his recruitment makes sense :confused:
Not true - he hasn't played NRL in forever. Nor should he. But he's been playing NSW Cup for the Tigers...

When did Hopoate perform in Origin? I know he won a premiership with us in 2011, but seriously, he should never have been anywhere near Origin this year unless he was a spectator.

His NSW selection this year was literally out of the blue and not once in the series did he justify his selection, yet he somehow got picked for all 3 games.

Sorry but I would much rather have Gutho as a utility back than Will Hopoate.

When did Hopoate perform in Origin? I know he won a premiership with us in 2011, but seriously, he should never have been anywhere near Origin this year unless he was a spectator.

His NSW selection this year was literally out of the blue and not once in the series did he justify his selection, yet he somehow got picked for all 3 games.

Sorry but I would much rather have Gutho as a utility back than Will Hopoate.
Not this year mate, in his rookie year. When he scored the hand of god try. I remember his getting out from dummy half, and he would keep his legs pumping and carry defenders and he was only 18. Also was great under the high ball and just had a knack of getting over the line.

No reason why he can't recapture that, none at all. He didn't fit in at Parra, he's a Manly boy, he's a better prospect at center than Gutho

Barrett is being blamed for cutting Gutho, but I don;t buy that. This is the work of fools.
He was already signed and, presumably, we were under the salary cap yet the fool/s buy some ordinary players from other clubs which has put us over the cap! And they expect us to swallow that explan.
Why we needed to lengthen Snake's contract by a further season surprises me, when we had Tom T, Gutho and Hiku as replacement in years to come.
I've thought this and wondered if Barrett has already started to realise the tangled web he finds himself in.

Don't really understand the correlation between Moltzen being signed being the reason Gutherson is gone, there positions and where they will be fitting in squad wise don't really match up in my eyes

Would have liked to have kept Gutherson, but they are fair reasons to let him go and further his career. Hoppa Jnr is an interesting one, his form hasn't been great, but we are also rating Gutherson a superstar on half a dozen stock standard NRL games, Hoppa produced some special moments in his early games, can he get that back ? Hard to say really

Interesting times ahead

Don't really understand the correlation between Moltzen being signed being the reason Gutherson is gone, there positions and where they will be fitting in squad wise don't really match up in my eyes

Would have liked to have kept Gutherson, but they are fair reasons to let him go and further his career. Hoppa Jnr is an interesting one, his form hasn't been great, but we are also rating Gutherson a superstar on half a dozen stock standard NRL games, Hoppa produced some special moments in his early games, can he get that back ? Hard to say really

Interesting times ahead
Who said he's a superstar? Just a good local junior we should be keeping.

Gutherson has been acquired the same way Manly signed Matt Parcell.Only difference being that Parcell was being blocked by younger players than Gutherson.The big worry I have is Barrett bringing in other clubs has beens like Brown,Moltzen,Green and John.

I am told the problem is that Fulton went out and bought players assuming that the club could dump plenty of players still on contract. Of course dumping players still on contract hasn't been that simple. A bit of extreme worry now for the management re salary cap. Thus desperate last minute measures. Sad, but again laughable management.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10