• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought Glenn looks to be carrying a few to many kegs. A mite slow and missed a vital tackle. I think Jorge is going ok with his catching skills. Certainly picked up of late. I thought George went ok. Maybe the game has passed the big tubbies by, as Weyman didn't shine either. Toovs looks to be going for the lanky fast second rowers, who can also slot into the front row, ala Horo, Lawrence, Tom and Hasson. Anyway, Toovs will have to work on the second half flame outs, and quickly.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Extremely harsh view on Rose there when in attack we don't have the ball for him to make an impact with !! Hard to run with it when we are tackling all game and he made a big portion of them. 4 runs for 37m suggests good metres being made.

As i said earlier writing any bench player off after that is crazy coz we were tackling all game. In the limited time he was on he made 24 tackles and missed 0

Hasson is the same, hardly got a run with the ball coz we were tackling our arses off

51st min 18-14
Dragons have the ball 2nd tackle 10 metres out George Rose rushes out of marker and grabs Mitch rein as he's about to pass and then dives on the loose ball.

At that stage we had no ball in the second half and they'd scored 2 tries and looked like getting a third. That was a massive play by rosé but seems to be overlooked because its cool for posters here to bag the fella.

Then he completely undid his good work there by giving away a stupid penalty with 5 mins to go on the same spot.

Stevo said:
Then he completely undid his good work there by giving away a stupid penalty with 5 mins to go on the same spot.

Even bill harrigan said that was a harsh penalty.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Roosters at home so that helps, fair summation of the game KE

Roosters haven't won away from home yet this year. They've played six at home and won all six. They've played two away and lost both.

Great write-up KE. I used to love reading your after game summaries and it's good to see you doing it again.

I thought George was great last night. We hardly touched the ball while he was on the field. His defence was good and when he did run the ball he put a dent in the line. Considering he hasn't played 1st grade all year I think he showed he's still got a lot to offer.

Add my support for Georgie.
Marker defence very good.
Seem to recall him pulling off 3 in a row...
don't think I was looking thru rose coloured glasses!

Rodo said:
Great write-up KE. I used to love reading your after game summaries and it's good to see you doing it again.

Cheers mate, don't get as much time these days but chuck something up when I can and it is still fresh in the bonce

Actually he made 4 tackles in a row on one set.
While I admire his effort, he is a spent force in attack
NYEagle

Dee Why Eagle said:
Add my support for Georgie.
Marker defence very good.
Seem to recall him pulling off 3 in a row...
don't think I was looking thru rose coloured glasses!

I'm adding to KE's list of things to do better: concentrate and stop the periods of slackness in the simple things, esp. the spate of stoopid drop balls, poor carries, pushed passes. Like in the rabbits game things went a bit loose in the later part of the first half, and opening of the 2nd. We are making games much harder than they could be; Dragons were pretty bloody awful really in their ball security and we could have cruised through that game.

This is not to say it was wasn't great to finally get out of that joint with a win....

i.e. the consistency nagging is back...

Totally agree with you KE. An absolutely gutsy effort on Monday. I've been without a computer for almost a week and had to radio stream the game via phone. Hope it doesn't cost me too much.
What I heard was quite unbelievable. Manly were hammered by injury, suspension and the refs. The queens threw the kitchen sink at them but they still won. I know they made a lot of mistakes but it's games like Monday night's that make me proud to be a Manly supporter.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2