Hadley is on to tinker now

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
byso said:
Fatty stuck up for Williams, well done.

Why is Hadley so concerned about zorba methinks bozo is in his ear

Didnt Zorba and Hadley work together for a while?

Cameron said:
Paul Vautin has just made amends for his antics in 2009.
After they add he went off said zorba wasn't sacked for the good sort comment he was sacked because he wasn't good at his job. He also backed Darrell and Dave perry. It was a great spray its been along time since I've seen fatty so emotional.

At the risk of opening some old wounds, I've always thought Fatty has copped a bit of a rough deal over that from Manly supporters. I know he went a tad overboard but all he really did was believe what was written in the papers. He quite possibly could have defended Snake, but that would have been a huge risk to him personally considering the allegations and probably would have ruined his career the next day as the media would have jumped all over him for doing so.

I'm sure he would like to take it back and I'd be surprised if he hasn't apologised or at least made amends with Brett personally, considering his friendship with Des and his involvement at the club I'd be staggered if something hadn't happened.

There are plenty of people who should be still feeling heat for what they did and whilst some people mightn't have forgiven Fatty, I think there are plenty people more deserving of a bit of karma in their direction than him.

Masked Eagle said:
Cameron said:
Paul Vautin has just made amends for his antics in 2009.
After they add he went off said zorba wasn't sacked for the good sort comment he was sacked because he wasn't good at his job. He also backed Darrell and Dave perry. It was a great spray its been along time since I've seen fatty so emotional.

At the risk of opening some old wounds, I've always thought Fatty has copped a bit of a rough deal over that from Manly supporters. I know he went a tad overboard but all he really did was believe what was written in the papers. He quite possibly could have defended Snake, but that would have been a huge risk to him personally considering the allegations and probably would have ruined his career the next day as the media would have jumped all over him for doing so.

I'm sure he would like to take it back and I'd be surprised if he hasn't apologised or at least made amends with Brett personally, considering his friendship with Des and his involvement at the club I'd be staggered if something hadn't happened.

There are plenty of people who should be still feeling heat for what they did and whilst some people mightn't have forgiven Fatty, I think there are plenty people more deserving of a bit of karma in their direction than him.

I second this

Betcha Hadley responds on his redneck radio show in the morning
Wendi Harmer tweeted this yesterday

@berkeley_eagle As I have said,we don't need a man to tell us when we have been offended.Not one woman has complained to me.Case closed.

From a female perspective I do think It was a dumb comment to make considering the PC world we live in and the fact it was at a function put on to highlight women in league.

I am not offended by it but if I were I don't think I'd find Harmer the most approachable confident. The language of that woman I'd be fearful of a spray!! Lol

Love the angels work, love Women in league concept. Hate all the board drama.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Betcha Hadley responds on his redneck radio show in the morning
Wendi Harmer tweeted this yesterday

@berkeley_eagle As I have said,we don't need a man to tell us when we have been offended.Not one woman has complained to me.Case closed.

I don't think Bozo would involve himself in this stuff. It's more likely the good relationship between Rothfield and Hadley that's behind this latest attack. The latter hasn't always liked Zorba anyway. Apparently back in the early to mid-90s they were not on good terms with each other. I can remember Hadley rhapsodising about the halftime entertainment at the old ANZ Stadium in Brisbane, when Willie Nelson performed on one occasion, then comparing it to the boomerang throwing at Brookvale. Guess who the Manly 'entertainment director' was at the time.

Eagle Angels not offended

There have been suggestions Manly legend Darrell Williams, while hosting a recent Eagles Angels lunch, made a ''vulgar'' comment which offended the attendees. This is not so. Just in case he upset anyone, Williams penned an apology to the Eagles Angels, which has been obtained by Sin Bin. He needn't have worried. In response, Jean Hay, Manly's mayor and sister of Sea Eagles godfather Ken Arthurson, wrote: ''What a load of garbage, I can't recall Darrell saying anything off limits at all. Love to know who the jerk was that told [the media] …'' Another Eagles Angel, media identity Wendy Harmer, wrote: ''The Eagles Angels do not need a man to tell us when we have been offended, thank you very much. If we have been, we'll let you know! (Or, more likely, will sort it out for ourselves.) Many who were there at the lunch also responded with 'What are you talking about? We all had a brilliant day!'' However, it's believed some Eagles powerbrokers are using the supposed incident as a means to push Williams, a director and commercial consultant to the Sea Eagles, out of the club.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/stewart-scott-put-the-blue-into-nsw-squad-20120707-21nrz.html

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Eagle Angels not offended

There have been suggestions Manly legend Darrell Williams, while hosting a recent Eagles Angels lunch, made a ''vulgar'' comment which offended the attendees. This is not so. Just in case he upset anyone, Williams penned an apology to the Eagles Angels, which has been obtained by Sin Bin. He needn't have worried. In response, Jean Hay, Manly's mayor and sister of Sea Eagles godfather Ken Arthurson, wrote: ''What a load of garbage, I can't recall Darrell saying anything off limits at all. Love to know who the jerk was that told [the media] …'' Another Eagles Angel, media identity Wendy Harmer, wrote: ''The Eagles Angels do not need a man to tell us when we have been offended, thank you very much. If we have been, we'll let you know! (Or, more likely, will sort it out for ourselves.) Many who were there at the lunch also responded with 'What are you talking about? We all had a brilliant day!'' However, it's believed some Eagles powerbrokers are using the supposed incident as a means to push Williams, a director and commercial consultant to the Sea Eagles, out of the club.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/stewart-scott-put-the-blue-into-nsw-squad-20120707-21nrz.html
Too slow berks lol :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8