half of you are bi

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would be very careful using bi-Polar to make a point like that, Even though your intentions were not to offend.

I know mate, but thanks. My take is its all about intention
i will fall on my sword if i genuinely hurt someone who is dealng with this in some way. but if its just someone trying to justify there stupid, ah feck em. Not taking away there right to cry like a baby, go for it, just expect me to laugh at them.

I would be very careful using bi-Polar to make a point like that, Even though your intentions were not to offend.
People with bi-Polar are exactly the same as the general population when they take their meds. And they have a sense of humour just like everyone else.
A relative of mine loves wearing a t-shirt that says 'Mental Patient'. Bi-Polar patients are not too good with money either. When he goes out he loves to be reminded not to buy and Audi as there was a car loan issue in the past.
Part of the problem with mental illness is others not recognising that sufferers are not freaks, just people. Mental illness can happen to anyone.
Also, it's when people are in denial that such conditions exist, it becomes offensive.

Have to agree nici, even though in my post i said i know little of the condition i do actually know more than i pretend to through close personal experience . Mental illness as you point out develops in people and part of the issue they face is jot wanting to talk about it as they are perceived as different.

Funnily people tend to treat kids in the same way at times. Kids as opposed to young people and kids also feel This

I know mate, but thanks. My take is its all about intention
i will fall on my sword if i genuinely hurt someone who is dealng with this in some way. but if its just someone trying to justify there stupid, ah feck em. Not taking away there right to cry like a baby, go for it, just expect me to laugh at them.
Totally understand, its just a touchy subject for some. Personally i was not offended at all but i do know people that would be.

I was just saying that i take responsability for my actions which is hardly troll worthy. But do what you need to
I don't really see the point of either of your replies to be honest James. I'm here and I'm using my real name champ

Attachments

• Jiminy.jpg
    Jiminy.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 9
Can we make a list of the things we should never joke about?
To answer my own question...(!)

I've certainly offended some here at times, without setting out to do so. ST members hold a wide variety of views so anything other than bland boring 'no comment/how's the weather' will probably offend someone or other.

The context of our existence as Silvertails is we are fans of the Sea Eagles rugby league team, the dominant ideology here is yobbo, namely right wing labor with all its entrenched sexism and racism. Which is not to say we don't have our share of conservatives, greens, feminists, the odd mad commie bastard, etc.

When posting just bear in mind we aren't sitting in our own kitchen in private conversation with family or friends, there are all types who can't help 'overhearing' our prattle, some will get offended.

If that leads to robust discussion of topics, even of 'taboo' topics, I think that is fantastic! We are not here to inhibit discussion, but to enable it.

Of course, if it leads to personal abuse (which has been known to occur!) … that is contrary to the terms of use, and certainly to the spirit of ST!

(carry on) :)

To answer my own question...(!)

I've certainly offended some here at times, without setting out to do so. ST members hold a wide variety of views so anything other than bland boring 'no comment/how's the weather' will probably offend someone or other.

The context of our existence as Silvertails is we are fans of the Sea Eagles rugby league team, the dominant ideology here is yobbo, namely right wing labor with all its entrenched sexism and racism. Which is not to say we don't have our share of conservatives, greens, feminists, the odd mad commie bastard, etc.

When posting just bear in mind we aren't sitting in our own kitchen in private conversation with family or friends, there are all types who can't help 'overhearing' our prattle, some will get offended.

If that leads to robust discussion of topics, even of 'taboo' topics, I think that is fantastic! We are not here to inhibit discussion, but to enable it.

Of course, if it leads to personal abuse (which has been known to occur!) … that is contrary to the terms of use, and certainly to the spirit of ST!

(carry on) :)

What made/makes this place great is the diversity of opinions....and the ability to respectfully agree to disagree with other posters

What made/makes this place great is the diversity of opinions....and the ability to respectfully agree to disagree with other posters
And the humour, sometimes when I've been having a ****ty day I come on here and it just cracks me up. :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4