Hasim Elmasri charged with domestic violence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Of course it has plenty to do with Smith and the NRL.

Direct quote from Smith "“I don’t the exact details of [El Masri’s] case but any ambassadorial role that he had with us, he’s been stood down from."

Source: http://www.businessinsider.com.au/h...s-following-domestic-violence-charges-2015-10

It is not like he is some player that had an average career and then disappeared from the game. He was / and is a face of the game.

I just hope that, until the case is resolved, he is afforded the respect Brett never was.
Actually, I thought he hadn't been an ambassador for a while. My point was if they are not employed by the NRL, or by a club operating under the NRL, then it is not Smith's issue to resolve. I find our game gets tagged a lot by association, even if they are not actively involved.

Aside from that, I was responding to a comment that it doesn't go well for his "no tolerance stance" - well having a no tolerance stance doesn't mean you can stop things from ever happening, just that you put appropriate punishment in place, and education programs etc to try and prevent this (the NRL have more educational programs on this matter than any other organisation). At some point we have to put more onus on the individual and not rugby league because they used to play once - great player or not.

I do agree that he deserves to be considered innocent until proven guilty though, we often jump to the very same conclusions that we were against back in 2009.

'there'll'
lol

By the way, for the benefit of those assuming he's guilty .... Heard on radio this morning that his first wife says she's known him for 18 years and he never so much as raised his voice even during arguments, she says it's not conceivable he would ever strike a woman.

That's a reasonably strong character reference...
The woman is obviously fearful for her life... Next she'll be saying he always held me close after sex and was a gentleman and only used clean dogs socks to clean up.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2