Hasler back to Manly???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What the hell did I just read? Do they have moderators or swear filters? We are like a church here in comparison.

They are talking about protesting, yet sit equal 4th overall.

They constantly relate Hasler to Manly which made me feel warm and fuzzy. They also hate Hopoate a lot?

You forgot to mention T-Rex, Lichaa, Mbye and every other team member are also hated with a passion.

Gee there's some serious butt hurt in that Kennel thread, and @Ryan is right we are like a church over here in comparison.

Be very surprised if De$ ever came back,and certainly not with Penn in charge.

If there is no x factor , then the buck stops with the coach who has full control over everything and plenty of time and money to put together a roster. Unlike many coaches he has no excuses for not doing very well. I think the bulldogs have under achieved and I guess a vast majority of their fans think the same. . That would be like saying we have just over achieved at the Olympics wouldn't it? . He did not take the Titans to the top eight , he has taken the Bulldogs to no titles in 4 years despite everything in his favor. Why has he stock piled a team of giant forwards if he did not believe this was the way to the title and have plodders in the backs as they apparently are. If he is given credit for the golden Manly era ,then maybe he can cop it on the chin when he under performs at the dogs? Not developing a player who can dribble the ball into the in goal on the 6th tackle and just give it to Tolman to plod into the defence is the worst piece of coaching I have ever seen in my life. Despite all of this I have no great opinion as to who we should recruit as a coach if needed because have little or no ability to reliably predict coaching success BEFORE the event over a broad range to indicate it is more than a lucky guess. any one here predict Haslers Lack of titles at the dogs? How did anyone go with predicting this years coaching % across the comp. I did not try but I will admit to complete failure in hindsight. Sorry to potentially offend your opinion but mine is totally opposite.

No need to apologise for going against my opinion, that's what a forum is about. And you didn't slag me off, so no problem from my end.

I take some of your points, b
If there is no x factor , then the buck stops with the coach who has full control over everything and plenty of time and money to put together a roster. Unlike many coaches he has no excuses for not doing very well. I think the bulldogs have under achieved and I guess a vast majority of their fans think the same. . That would be like saying we have just over achieved at the Olympics wouldn't it? . He did not take the Titans to the top eight , he has taken the Bulldogs to no titles in 4 years despite everything in his favor. Why has he stock piled a team of giant forwards if he did not believe this was the way to the title and have plodders in the backs as they apparently are. If he is given credit for the golden Manly era ,then maybe he can cop it on the chin when he under performs at the dogs? Not developing a player who can dribble the ball into the in goal on the 6th tackle and just give it to Tolman to plod into the defence is the worst piece of coaching I have ever seen in my life. Despite all of this I have no great opinion as to who we should recruit as a coach if needed because have little or no ability to reliably predict coaching success BEFORE the event over a broad range to indicate it is more than a lucky guess. any one here predict Haslers Lack of titles at the dogs? How did anyone go with predicting this years coaching % across the comp. I did not try but I will admit to complete failure in hindsight. Sorry to potentially offend your opinion but mine is totally opposite.

No need to apologise, it's a forum. And you didn't slag me off, so no worries.

I take some of your points, but disagree that De$ should have got a quality half or an x-factor. That assumes they are easy to come by, and they just aren't. There would only be 10 quality halves in the comp, which is hard to go around when that means 32 players.

I do think he's been sitting back plotting to bring in Foran for some time, and whether that happens or not I guess is still up in the air.

He did try and pull Tommy T over there a few years back, perhaps that was the x-factor he decided on.

No need to apologise for going against my opinion, that's what a forum is about. And you didn't slag me off, so no problem from my end.

I take some of your points, b

No need to apologise, it's a forum. And you didn't slag me off, so no worries.

I take some of your points, but disagree that De$ should have got a quality half or an x-factor. That assumes they are easy to come by, and they just aren't. There would only be 10 quality halves in the comp, which is hard to go around when that means 32 players.

I do think he's been sitting back plotting to bring in Foran for some time, and whether that happens or not I guess is still up in the air.

He did try and pull Tommy T over there a few years back, perhaps that was the x-factor he decided on.
Cronulla have recruited some x factor and Des has had 4 years plus to do it , maybe he thought giant forwards was the main priority. Canberra seem to have x factor. It is not as if they haven't recruited some x factor , it is that it has not worked out and Des has to wear the result which he will. We suffered a lot by losing giant forwards I believe and I suspect our backs are beaten around because of this. Look at the Raiders halves , sharks , Titans etc The best thing is it sets up a great looking finals series but if The dogs go out the back door with a wimper I predict mayhem at the club

Cronulla have recruited some x factor and Des has had 4 years plus to do it , maybe he thought giant forwards was the main priority. Canberra seem to have x factor. It is not as if they haven't recruited some x factor , it is that it has not worked out and Des has to wear the result which he will. We suffered a lot by losing giant forwards I believe and I suspect our backs are beaten around because of this. Look at the Raiders halves , sharks , Titans etc The best thing is it sets up a great looking finals series but if The dogs go out the back door with a wimper I predict mayhem at the club

Yeh Cronulla have for sure.

As for the Raiders, who really thought they had much of anything? I rate Austin and some others, but I never saw their backline as much of a threat.

You are right, De$ will have to wear the results. Maybe there's no plan b. The Plan A of giant forwards who could pass (Graham, Kasiano) etc certainly worked a treat for 2012 and 2014, but maybe it's just not going to continue working.

Yeh Cronulla have for sure.

As for the Raiders, who really thought they had much of anything? I rate Austin and some others, but I never saw their backline as much of a threat.

You are right, De$ will have to wear the results. Maybe there's no plan b. The Plan A of giant forwards who could pass (Graham, Kasiano) etc certainly worked a treat for 2012 and 2014, but maybe it's just not going to continue working.
I don't think they should have let Hodkinson go. He is not a superstar; however, he can direct a team around the park and play to structure. That way they could have left Mbye to play his natural game which is a running 5/8.

Josh Reynolds would make a good hooker and would have allowed them to have all three on the field at once which gives them options. Then the ball playing forwards could chime in as a secondary threat rather than the main focus and opposition teams would have more to worry about - as it is, they are too predictable in attack.

Lichaa was a mistake and has turned out to be a poor purchase for them. I can see them letting him go, buying a half to run the show and putting Reynolds in the 9. If they do that next year they will be a much better team in my view.

Two posts from the angry kennel

1. Dear Realene,

I have been a long time member of this great club for many years. But whether a fan has been a long time member or a one year member it doesn't matter, all are valued equally but as a CEO you still have to provide a product that is encouraging for all fans to want to go back week after week. Without us fans you don't have a product to sell to. Right now, you DON'T have a product to sell for next year because your product is purely and simply not worth the value you are selling it at. To put it simply, I am totally bored and that's putting it nicely. Have I got value for money this year? Absolutely not! Do I think it will improve? Absolutely not in the near future! Please, don't think I am a disgruntled fan because of a very significant loss, no I have felt like this most of the year. I've just been holding out for change but it has not come. Tonight's game in having so much riding on it was one of those non entertaining and boring encounters which once again has devalued your product. Yes I was out there against the Cowboys because I really thought the Bulldogs had learnt from the lackluster playing style of the past games and I'd be entertained. How wrong was I. I feel cheated and ripped off because, and you may not be aware of this but the Bulldogs have been known as the entertainers in the past. It's what we are use to watching. Again, your product is simply boring and not entertaining at all.

YOU employ people to run the football team, so Raelene the buck stops with YOU. With YOURSELF, YOUR suited up Executives, YOUR coach and YOUR coaching staff are all responsible for the "inept" performances on the field, NOT the players.The players look as though they are following a script and no matter what, won't divert from it. BORING!! As I said it's not the players fault but the coaching style. Des Hasler has contributed to the boring style being played and lacks anything to get excited about from a fans point of view. The players look as though they don't enjoy it. Des seems happy to win ugly and with a footballing style that is not competitive enough against the best in the league. Just making top 8 each year is not good enough. It's been 12 years since we've won a premiership, it's not good enough just to make the finals each year. You seem content with that with what you have said in the past. That's not success, winning premierships is what we expect and that does not look like happening anytime soon. It's about quality for us members. We'd rather see out the year playing some entertaining footy, not go out playing as if we are just making up the numbers. Your coach does not encourage this. Boring Raelene, bloody boring!! It needs to change and change immediately because right now as a member I think I have just watched my last game as a member and next year will just pick and choose what games I want to pay for because I love the Bulldogs and will continue to support the team and players, but on my terms Raelene, when and if I want to go and pay for it.

So in conclusion, when your staff ring me early next year and try to sell me your product i will be replying with a thanks but no thanks.

2. Just check ur spelling before u send it to the fat useless hack of a CEO

I don't think they should have let Hodkinson go. He is not a superstar; however, he can direct a team around the park and play to structure.

Hodkinson hasn't been the same since his leg injury in late 2014, he was pretty poor in 2015 and has been very average this year in Newcastle.

Manly is the Apple of the NRL, Innovative and constantly demanding the best. Des Hasler is our Steve Jobs. Unfortunately Trent Barret is Samsung, trying to copy the Manly culture but falling short.
Bring back Des, Please.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6