Have faith!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I personally feel that sitting in 3rd place and all the positive media spin about Barrett and the club has gone to the players heads.

Initially I believe our issue was attitude based. We thought we had already done enough and would just coast into September. Then the injuries hit last week and we cop a hammering and the confidence is dented. Then we play a top side like the Storm and get whacked and again the confidence takes a hit.

So what started as complacency, is now a confidence problem. So we can address the attitude and bring an improved effort, but the confidence is still an issue. The only way out of these types of slumps is to bring a good attitude and wait for a few things to go our way and jag a win...then things will turn. I believe we can still have an impact and turn it around...in saying that, I believe we are a prop and a 2nd rower short of being a serious threat, but I thought that before the last two weeks anyway. We can still compete with our current roster, so I don't think we need to sack half the squad like some of you do.

Have faith, the tide will turn.

They need to revisit what has worked in the past games to get us where we were.
Go right back to those things from the mindset of our successful games to our structures and up tempo style of play.
It's all still there.
They just need to tap into it again.
Well get there.

The gap between our best and our worst is wide. At our peak we looked like we could beat anyone, today and last week we looked like we would be beaten by everyone.

Definitely a big mental test against Roosters next week. Will their be some leadership shown ? Will we prove we are finals standard ?

The gap between our best and our worst is wide. At our peak we looked like we could beat anyone, today and last week we looked like we would be beaten by everyone.

Definitely a big mental test against Roosters next week. Will their be some leadership shown ? Will we prove we are finals standard ?
Yep, and therein lies my point. If the same crop of players can look like they could beat anyone at their best, something other than our roster, has to be the root of the problem. I guess playing Melbourne is part of the problem, because they pose a threat even at the best of times...but...

When the line speed and aggression disappears, you can usually chalk it up to attitude...the only thing I can think of that could affect our attitude is complacency and/or the current media attention on the club but I tend to lean toward the former. We can address the attitude and turn up with line speed and aggression next week but the Roosters are a challenge regardless of whether we bring our A game or not...we need some things to go our way and then I think we can find the confidence and attitude required to dig our way out.

Last edited:
I totally agree, I'm just pissed off we threw that up against the storm. Where was the heart for the past two weeks

Bit of a reality check...Storm were about 70%, yet dominated the 1 area that wins games....the ruck....
It seemed effortless as they crushed the advantage line, won the wrestle...basically played a different tempo.
If we won those quick plays....many were questionable ....imagine Turbo , Walker off those split second plays against backpeddling defence....forget the score...that was the difference.

The difference between us and the Storm - and QLD and NSW - is Cameron Smith and to a lesser extent Cronk. They just step up and deliver. Composure, leadership, confidence, belief, all those alpha qualities, they have it in spades.

Show me the "leader" in our team at the moment. With the passing of Killer, Matai and Snake we don't have that cool experienced head anymore. We are a good front running side, but have proven a couple of times this year we drop our heads.

I personally feel that sitting in 3rd place and all the positive media spin about Barrett and the club has gone to the players heads.

Initially I believe our issue was attitude based. We thought we had already done enough and would just coast into September. Then the injuries hit last week and we cop a hammering and the confidence is dented. Then we play a top side like the Storm and get whacked and again the confidence takes a hit.

So what started as complacency, is now a confidence problem. So we can address the attitude and bring an improved effort, but the confidence is still an issue. The only way out of these types of slumps is to bring a good attitude and wait for a few things to go our way and jag a win...then things will turn. I believe we can still have an impact and turn it around...in saying that, I believe we are a prop and a 2nd rower short of being a serious threat, but I thought that before the last two weeks anyway. We can still compete with our current roster, so I don't think we need to sack half the squad like some of you do.

Agreed, but tend to think we are in more desperate need of a high quality outside back and a real good second rower than I am about needing a prop. All three would be nice.

I believe we are two quality back rowers short, one good prop and a quality back. Backrow is our biggest issue. You drop watmough and stewart in their prime into this side and we are a premiership winning team.

As Bob Dylan said, they owned the kick chase, they gave us attacking threats either side of the field and were ferocious in defence. We just don't have that now.

We have improved considerably on last year, so well done for that; however, we are Manly and we expect nothing less than premierships, so we need to fill those spots.

I agree we believed our own press and haven't learned that to win this comp you need to be consistent week in week out and can't take any team for granted.

We will get there, we just need a few astute signings and if I were Bozo, I would be telling Crichton's manager, that he will win a premiership with us and play rep footy, or he can stay on the sinking ship that is Souths.

No disrespect to Wright and Kelly but we will not be going deep into the finals with these two. They look so slow and don't offer much threat in attack or defence. They are the weakest link in my opinion

Nothing went right for our boys today against a very hot Melbourne side at home who could do no wrong. Everything went The Storm's way and they had the "rub of the green", but I have to admit they were impressive. The Eagles will definitely improve on this effort though - just need to dig in and get a bit of luck and we'll soon be back in the winner's circle. Anyway, at least Todd Greenberg and Cameron Smith will sleep soundly tonight.

The difference between us and the Storm - and QLD and NSW - is Cameron Smith and to a lesser extent Cronk. They just step up and deliver. Composure, leadership, confidence, belief, all those alpha qualities, they have it in spades.

Show me the "leader" in our team at the moment. With the passing of Killer, Matai and Snake we don't have that cool experienced head anymore. We are a good front running side, but have proven a couple of times this year we drop our heads.
I 100% agree with you and it's those leaders and experienced heads that prevent the complacency from seeping through in the first place...they prepare methodically and they play methodically and everything else unfolds around them.

No disrespect to Wright and Kelly but we will not be going deep into the finals with these two. They look so slow and don't offer much threat in attack or defence. They are the weakest link in my opinion
I think the loss of Jorge T. has definitely hurt our yardage game. He is a very underrated winger in my opinion - one of the best in the NRL. Hope he recovers fully from this nasty knee injury.

Nothing went right for our boys today against a very hot Melbourne side at home who could do no wrong. Everything went The Storm's way and they had the "rub of the green", but I have to admit they were impressive. The Eagles will definitely improve on this effort though - just need to dig in and get a bit of luck and we'll soon be back in the winner's circle. Anyway, at least Todd Greenberg and Cameron Smith will sleep soundly tonight.
Completely disagree. "Rub of the green", "Luck of the bounce" had nothing to do with that game and outcome today. The Storm were pretty clunky and mistake-ridden themselves. They had calls go against them too. The difference was they kept their composure and stuck to their plan with focus and single-mindedness. We were mentally all over the place and self-destructed.

I believe we are two quality back rowers short, one good prop and a quality back. Backrow is our biggest issue. You drop watmough and stewart in their prime into this side and we are a premiership winning team.

As Bob Dylan said, they owned the kick chase, they gave us attacking threats either side of the field and were ferocious in defence. We just don't have that now.

We have improved considerably on last year, so well done for that; however, we are Manly and we expect nothing less than premierships, so we need to fill those spots.

I agree we believed our own press and haven't learned that to win this comp you need to be consistent week in week out and can't take any team for granted.

We will get there, we just need a few astute signings and if I were Bozo, I would be telling Crichton's manager, that he will win a premiership with us and play rep footy, or he can stay on the sinking ship that is Souths.
I think Sironen is going to be good enough so I would be happy with one high profile backrower and then a depth signing of some sort.

As for prop, I think we need a worker. We have lots of impact props but we need one that will just keep going forward all day..they don't need to offload or break the line, just run the ball hard and get up and play it.

I think the backline will be OK when Jorge comes back. He makes good yards and is a strong finisher. Kelly will get better. Of course we could always do better but backs always look terrible when the pack is being dominated, especially on a day when Melbourne put 40 on you.

I can't think of many backs that would have looked good playing for Manly today. Look at how good/bad Gagai appears when he plays for Newcastle compared to when he plays for QLD for example.

I think Sironen is going to be good enough so I would be happy with one high profile backrower and then a depth signing of some sort.

As for prop, I think we need a worker. We have lots of impact props but we need one that will just keep going forward all day..they don't need to offload or break the line, just run the ball hard and get up and play it.

I think the backline will be OK when Jorge comes back. He makes good yards and is a strong finisher. Kelly will get better. Of course we could always do better but backs always look terrible when the pack is being dominated, especially on a day when Melbourne put 40 on you.

I can't think of many backs that would have looked good playing for Manly today. Look at how good/bad Gagai appears when he plays for Newcastle compared to when he plays for QLD for example.
Disagree. Gagai is the antithesis to your argument. He has consistently looked very good behind a beaten pack (and beaten team all over the park).

Disagree. Gagai is the antithesis to your argument. He has consistently looked very good behind a beaten pack (and beaten team all over the park).
you're entitled to your opinion but the general consensus in the rugby league media is that he has been very quiet for the Knights. I've watched most of their games and I have to say I agree with the media.

Although he does have some pretty impressive statistics to the contrary. Maybe he is not the best example but most average first grade backs will look less than impressive behind a struggling pack.

He is one of my favourite non Manly players to watch. Consistently beats his man and others. The Knights should've thrown all the cash they could to keep him. The rabbits will improve next year just on his signing.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8