Have not beaten anyone yet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Looking back through our results and have come to the conclusion that we have not really won any really big games, or against anyone of real consequence.

Round 1 lost v Storm : Crappy game really, can't read too much into it.
Round 8: Lost against the Cowboys, won in round 14 at brookie
Round 12: won against origin depleted broncos
Round 18: beaten convincingly by the dragons
Round 21: lost against Tigers

I can't take away from the season we've had, but recognise that as far as the other real contenders go we haven't done a lot. Reminds me of how the Gold Coast cruised through last season.

Round 25 and 26 are all important; Melbourne and Brisbane. If we go well in these two games, we are a shot.

I agree it is a concern. However all our losses have been close and we have been competitive. No floggings in there, on our day we can beat them all. Although the Dragons are the ones that worry us. I would feel semi confident in a big game against anyone but the Dragons.

Garts said:
I agree it is a concern. However all our losses have been close and we have been competitive. No floggings in there, on our day we can beat them all. Although the Dragons are the ones that worry us. I would feel semi confident in a big game against anyone but the Dragons.

24-6 is a bit of a thumping in my books.

On the scoreboard yes it appears that way but we were still competitive. We didn't deserve the win at all but 1 try that was a no try and 2 against the run of play blew it out. We were better than the scoreline suggests.

Volley said:
Garts said:

What worried me about that was that they shut Foran down, and the only points we scored was a fluke try. Against a really good defense, we could not score.

The dragons have the wood over us for sure. If I was a Dragons fan I would want us in the GF.

I dont think anyone was going to beat Melbourne in their first game playing for points in over a year. We did well to be be only 6 points behind with 10 to go.
We were robbed against the Cowboys in Townsville with that disallowed try to Oldfield after the Jamie Lyon knock on call.
We may have played a below strength Broncos but we smashed them. Can only play the team in front of you. Ive got a feeling we will be below strength in the return bout if we have a top 2 possie secured.
Although we were outplayed, The score line in the Dragons game did not reflect the game.
Against the tigers we were robbed again.
I class the round 2 game against the Roosters as a big scalp. They were Grand Finalists the previous year, had won their round 1 match and Manly had a host of players missing.
Im not saying we are certs to win it this year but we are as good a chance as any IMO.

bones said:
I dont think anyone was going to beat Melbourne in their first game playing for points in over a year. We did well to be be only 6 points behind with 10 to go.
We were robbed against the Cowboys in Townsville with that disallowed try to Oldfield after the Jamie Lyon knock on call.
We may have played a below strength Broncos but we smashed them. Can only play the team in front of you. Ive got a feeling we will be below strength in the return bout if we have a top 2 possie secured.
Although we were outplayed, The score line in the Dragons game did not reflect the game.
Against the tigers we were robbed again.
I class the round 2 game against the Roosters as a big scalp. They were Grand Finalists the previous year, had won their round 1 match and Manly had a host of players missing.
Im not saying we are certs to win it this year but we are as good a chance as any IMO.

Same here Bone's: I reckon we are a chance. We have not really had the opportunity to stamp our authority.

It's just the way the season has played out. Can't wait for Melbourne and Brisbane to see what happens.

I agree, 25 and 26 are the games that will tell us where we are at BUT don't forget we did lose to the Storm twice in 2008 in the regular season.

Speaking of Round 26 CC you got a ticket yet???

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
How was 2008 any different when we won it.

QFE

We lost to the Dragons in the regular season as well as the Storm twice. We also lost to Newcastle and Cronulla in the first 2 weeks. Doesn't mean anything. After 20 games we have a 75% record and to me that says we are going to be at the SFS in the Preliminary Final. After that its pretty much up in the air. I said that in 2007 thinking we'd lose to the Cowboys, I said it in 2008 thinking we'd lose the first week to the Dragons (boy I was wrong there lol) and I've said it again this year.

If the cards fall the right way we'll get the Warriors, the week off then Brisbane at the SFS while Melbourne get the Dragons at Etihad. We'll end Lockyer's career (serves him right for breaking Beaver's record), Melbourne will get rid of Gasnier and then we'll see Round 3.

Stupid thread. Two comps:

#1 Getting to the Semis in good shape.

#2 Playing well and winning once you get there.

What will determine this comp is not who you beat or didn't, but rather how you play once you get to the semis.

Nearly all our losses were away in Townsville, the Gong and Bleak city.

If we stay second we get to play in Sydney for the first semi - win that and we play in Sydney again a fortnight later. Losing in first week could mean a game in Brisbane, Auckland, Townsville.

Volley said:
Garts said:

I look at the thumping as a positive thing as we can only learn from this and be more determined to win against them next time . How good are the dragons going they are now 5th on the ladder , i would say they have more concerns than us at the moment.

I share your concerns, however remember in 2009 when St Choke thrash Parra in the final round only to have the result reversed one week later.

This is a psychological game as much as anything.

whilst i agree we've lost to other 'contenders', if were weren't ripped off in the few games were the refs have come out and said they got it wrong against us, we'd be even with or 2 points clear of the storm!
and as someone else said, most of our losses have been narrow ones.

i still don't think we've fielded our strongest line up yet once this year either.
so we're right up there in my books, get our best 17 on the park on the day and we'll beat anyone IMO. have faith my brothers

CLIT COMMANDER said:
Volley said:
Garts said:

What worried me about that was that they shut Foran down, and the only points we scored was a fluke try. Against a really good defense, we could not score.

Foz was clearly playing injured that night and DCE became our sole point of attack, which the Dragons recognised and could focus their defence on him. I said after that game that it reminded me of when Storm beat us at Brookie in 08, that next time we'd have their measure. I live in a town where every second man and his dog is a Dragon supporter and that vast majority I speak to rate us as the side to beat.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8