Have not beaten anyone yet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bazeagle said:
This thread is total and complete bollocks. We are going great.
I'd love to win this comp and then resurrect this pile of steaming garbage.
This kind of thinking given the season and our position on the ladder means that the original poster possesses zero logic and zero commitment as a fan. It's a load.

You have offended me suh. If you were in the same same room I'd whip out the old duelling glove. The "not a real fan" theme is amusing if nothing else.

The original post was not an attempt at derision, merely an observation that we have not notched any big scalps during the season, with full strength teams on the field.

Is this not true? Is this not a logical assessment?

Anyway, onya Baza.

Well, the Sharks beat St George and Canberra beat Melbourne so, by the logic applied in this thread, they're dead certs to fight out the GF.

Brookvale said:
BOZO said:
Brookvale said:
To prove how bad we are going - We also JUST won games on the bell against Sharks and Parra. The Titans and Panthers gave us a tough game.
Feathered friend before you go out and try to prove how bad we are going you must try and put things in perspective , The facts are we are second on the ladder , the teams that we just won on the bell , the sharks beat the dragons 16- 10 and parra drew with the dragons 14- 14. The teams we won against that you say gave us a tough time . the titans gave the tigers a tougher time by beating them 20 - 14 and the panthers did the same to the broncos by 33- 10. So all is well............ dont worry be happy :D

my comments were with a touch of sarcasm.

We are travelling beautifully. At the start of the year i thought we'd finish 6th. 2nd is awesome and we can beat anyone on our day.

Dessie knows what to do to. See ya at the after party on GF night :D
Looking forward to it brother , we will party hard !!! we may as well start popping the champagne from now. Yesterdays heros have slipped to 5th position and i have one thing to say to the pretenders that are on 1st and that is fourty points to nil!!!:cool::cool::cool:

They beat the grand finalists from last year in an absolute caning in week 2 of the comp, those muppets just never recovered, also the broncos with out Lockyer is like the eels without Mortimer....this was a good attempt at fishing though

So Volley, what's your view on this? That's the point of these forums to engage in the topic rather than having a swipe at me.

bazeagle said:
So Volley, what's your view on this? That's the point of these forums to engage in the topic rather than having a swipe at me.

Haha are you all there? Clearly not.

I said your opinion is wrong, if that's a swipe at you then what do you call

"This kind of thinking ... means that the original poster possesses zero logic and zero commitment as a fan."

Derp

Still not picking up the thread Volley?
I have an opinion and that is we are running second and are having a great season. Plus as cluey supporters understand, every NRL game in 1st Grade is a tough proposition and really hard to win.
What's your opinion? ie enter the debate.

anthonyb1965 said:
Ralphie said:
anthonyb1965 said:
Looks like I picked a bad week to give up sniffing glue!!!

Have we really not beaten anyone yet???

Oh, well.......guess our season is gone then :)

Name one serious title contender we have beaten when they have had their near full strength team in. That is the point of the thread, we were flogged by 20 points by St Merge, beaten by 12 by the scum, beaten by NQ and beaten by the Tigpies. We have beaten NQ & the Donkeys, but only when they had Thurston & Lockyer out.

We have performed consistently well against the teams that aren't genuine contenders, but we have struggled badly against not one, not two but all of the contenders for the title.

Keep on sniffing that glue buddy, perhaps one day you'll get the idea of what is being discussed.

Totally understand what this thread is about Ralphie and my post was "tongue in cheek", hence the smiley face.

As others have said (probably why I didn't bother posting before), does it really matter not beating a "serious contender" in the regular season? I would prefer to beaten twice during the regular season then come and beat them 40-0 or something bizzare like that!

I will take your advice though and go and find some Tarzan's Grip or something!!! :)

Sorry, I forgot to put my smiley face in too :D

As far as I see it we've beaten the opposition 15 times and racked up a handsome points differential to have ourselves well placed in 2nd spot for the final stretch.

We're in contention, are extremely competitive and have room for improvement. That's all that matters. I'd be filthy if my team wiped the floor with all the other contenders during the regular season but failed to take the top prize at seasons end. It's happened many times before like Parramatta in 2001.

We have not taken a backwards step once this season and Des is confident with team. There are also many players in our squad who have been there and done it before.

Just sit back and relax.

But obviously we have beaten more than some others & im sick of Dessie always showing opposition coaches how to do it ..
The teams we need to beat to be where want to be, will be beaten when needed to be .. ;) .. No sooner ....Thats what under the radar is...
;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6