Have the front row left a massive hole??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I read Wayne Bennett's biography some years back. He said there that he believed in making props not buying them. Seems to be what we are doing here. Getting guys with potential to become stars in the Manly system. Makes sense to me.

Eagle Rock said:
Bradza said:
"Manly are Struggling Financially"
"No wasn't Fabs. Now there is a halfback lost to Manly Rugby. He is the Best halfback going around and I watch a lot of footy."

Che!?

Welcome aboard Eagle Rock but fair go with the outlandish statements. You sound like you have some connection with the junior rep teams and I'll take that into account when reading your posts.

I get around and watch a lot of Footy and not just Manly and compare Teams. If you read up about this kid, you will see what a talent he is and what a loss to the club, he is now aiming to play for Italy in Rugby. its been Well Documented with Manly's Financial Troubles for a long time. I am glad you like reading my posts and yes I do Get Around for Everyone and have some very close connections with 1sts.

I've actually seen Fabian play. In my opinion, his size will count against him making it in the top grade. Plays with a lot of heart, like Tooves, but without his ability. Good luck to him with the Marlins but I didn't see 15 other clubs knocking his door down with offers considering he's the 'Best halfback going around'.

"Manly are Struggling Financially - Well Documented with Manly's Financial Troubles for a long time." Yes, but they seem to be performing adequately at the moment from a financial perspective relative to many other teams. I just have a thing about opinions presented as fact.

I wouldn't say I like reading your posts, but I don't mind them. Different perspectives are good and the random capitalisation is entertaining (at least at this stage!).

carry on.

mozgrame said:
Like Ben Kennedy used to tell the young blokes when they got a shot, "Don't fill a hole, make a difference!".

I haven't heard that before but I I'll take your word on that as I like the sound of that expression. It sounds great and encouraging for the young guys to step up. :)

Jethro said:
mozgrame said:
Like Ben Kennedy used to tell the young blokes when they got a shot, "Don't fill a hole, make a difference!".

I haven't heard that before but I I'll take your word on that as I like the sound of that expression. It sounds great and encouraging for the young guys to step up. :)
I believe he also said this...
When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Strange bloke Ben Kennedy....

Bradza said:
Eagle Rock said:
Bradza said:
"No wasn't Fabs. Now there is a halfback lost to Manly Rugby. He is the Best halfback going around and I watch a lot of footy."

Che!?

Welcome aboard Eagle Rock but fair go with the outlandish statements. You sound like you have some connection with the junior rep teams and I'll take that into account when reading your posts.

I get around and watch a lot of Footy and not just Manly and compare Teams. If you read up about this kid, you will see what a talent he is and what a loss to the club, he is now aiming to play for Italy in Rugby. its been Well Documented with Manly's Financial Troubles for a long time. I am glad you like reading my posts and yes I do Get Around for Everyone and have some very close connections with 1sts.

I've actually seen Fabian play. In my opinion, his size will count against him making it in the top grade. Plays with a lot of heart, like Tooves, but without his ability. Good luck to him with the Marlins but I didn't see 15 other clubs knocking his door down with offers considering he's the 'Best halfback going around'.

"Manly are Struggling Financially - Well Documented with Manly's Financial Troubles for a long time." Yes, but they seem to be performing adequately at the moment from a financial perspective relative to many other teams. I just have a thing about opinions presented as fact.

I wouldn't say I like reading your posts, but I don't mind them. Different perspectives are good and the random capitalisation is entertaining (at least at this stage!).

carry on.

That is your opinion and If you want to have a go at my Capitalization, first learn how to spell the word, trying to educate you on using Grammar. 5 Clubs were actually after Fabs, but he got a better deal at Rugby, he would've been perfect for NSW Cup. Manly performing financially ? Do you work in their finance Dept. ? If they win the 9s Comp. This will help them a lot. You don't have to read my posts. I am not really interested what you think. You just want to Criticize, Everyone on here is entitled to an opinion, that's what makes it interesting and you don't have to agree, we all want to see Manly do well.

Has Manly been quietly as they could, nurturing in their junior ranks the potentially best prop Manly have had since Roy Bull. There's something about Trbojevic, and it aint small.

Eagle Rock said:
Bradza said:
Eagle Rock said:
Bradza said:

Che!?

carry on.

That is your opinion and If you want to have a go at my Capitalization, first learn how to spell the word, trying to educate you on using Grammar. 5 Clubs were actually after Fabs, but he got a better deal at Rugby, he would've been perfect for NSW Cup. Manly performing financially ? Do you work in their finance Dept. ? If they win the 9s Comp. This will help them a lot. You don't have to read my posts. I am not really interested what you think. You just want to Criticize, Everyone on here is entitled to an opinion, that's what makes it interesting and you don't have to agree, we all want to see Manly do well.

Laugh Out loud

Probably a naive question but what differentiates a starting prop from a bench prop? Impact vs grind? Interested to know from the wise among us

I perceive a starting prop as tough to battle the early aggression and get the team on the front foot. Then the bench prop comes on and provides explosive impact when the opposition has been softened. Hopefully good enough to keep the momentum and good work going.

Hey, I know I am a simpleton.

Moondog said:
Jethro said:
mozgrame said:

I believe he also said this...
When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Strange bloke Ben Kennedy....

Please note : This assessment is brought to you by Moondog the Psychonaut. :D

Eagle Rock said:
If you want to have a go at my Capitalization, first learn how to spell the word

I'm sorry to have to correct you Eagle Rock but Bradza's spelling of capitalisation is also correct so he doesn't need to learn how to spell the word.

The correct spelling of the word depends on which dictionary that you use.

In dictionaries where 'capitalization' is stated, 'capitalisation' is also stated as an acceptable variant.

The Macquarie Dictionary is widely regarded as the national standard and incorporates numerous Australian terms. It is generally held by universities and the legal profession to be the authoritative source of Australian English. The Macquarie Dictionary states that 'capitalisation' is the preferred word spelling with 'capitalization' as an acceptable variant.

ER, you're also quite right to use the capital C (assuming of course you are referring to the well-known raconteur and raccoon breeder, Mr Barnstaple Capitalization). ;)

I find it funny that a big bloke that is primarily on the field to do one thing, put the ball under his arm and charge full steam into the opposition like a runaway train and gain as many meters as possible with each run.....is called a PROP. lol

Marvel at my spontaneous capitalisation.

Jethro said:
Eagle Rock said:
If you want to have a go at my Capitalization, first learn how to spell the word

I'm sorry to have to correct you Eagle Rock but Bradza's spelling of capitalisation is also correct so he doesn't need to learn how to spell the word.

The correct spelling of the word depends on which dictionary that you use.

In dictionaries where 'capitalization' is stated, 'capitalisation' is also stated as an acceptable variant.

The Macquarie Dictionary is widely regarded as the national standard and incorporates numerous Australian terms. It is generally held by universities and the legal profession to be the authoritative source of Australian English. The Macquarie Dictionary states that 'capitalisation' is the preferred word spelling with 'capitalization' as an acceptable variant.

In the British and World English Oxford Dictionary it is spelt Capitalized. Must be a Quiet Day. Lol.

Eagle Rock said:

Greetings Eagle Rock

I did play the man rather than the ball with the grammar jibe and for that I apologise (as opposed to apologize). I have never seen such a random approach to the use of capitals before and I do genuinely find it entertaining. I know, I need to get out more.

You are indeed correct, everyone on here is entitled to an opinion and you have certainly thrown a lot of them up in a short space of time. Some I have found interesting and on other occasions I’ve felt like challenging your views but have held back. Your description of Fabian as ‘the Best halfback going around’ seemed over the top to me so I said so – just another opinion. Best not to be too sensitive about it though.

Please keep your input going even though you are not interested in what I think. We can definitely agree that we all want to see Manly do well.

By the way, capitalisation can be spelt with an ‘s’ (English) or ‘z’ (U.S.) but I generally prefer to go with the English approach. ;)

I think we should all agree to capitulate on the capital issue. ER is obviously a capitalist that strongly believes in capitalism. lol

Since we are so close to Australia Day, the "S" variant should hold sway in the forums. Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!! :D

Townsville Eagle said:
I perceive a starting prop as tough to battle the early aggression and get the team on the front foot. Then the bench prop comes on and provides explosive impact when the opposition has been softened. Hopefully good enough to keep the momentum and good work going.

Hey, I know I am a simpleton.

As intellectually under-capitalised as I am, I think you are basically correct, however don't underrate their importance in the defence. Must know what they are doing and where to be.

There exists a difference between an interchange player and an impact player. All replacements are not capable of impact type play and are there to maintain the high level of play, and patterns as the 1st 13.

I place all of Manly's 2013 bench in this category.

The Ist immutable law of the Interchange is "Do no Harm" ie don't f... up! If you achieve that, then rip in.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6