Have the front row left a massive hole??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think TE may have been alluding to this ;

FOUR CAPITALS OF LITHUANIA

Vilnius - Trakai - Kernave - Kaunas

That's what made it funny. lol

Looking at these NRL rule changes slow front row forwards like Kite and Rose are redundant. The new model is Fifita who never gets brought to ground and somehow plays the ball quickly with the two or three tacklers still having hold of him. Unless that is just a special rule for Fifita.

Brissie Kid said:
Looking at these NRL rule changes slow front row forwards like Kite and Rose are redundant. The new model is Fifita who never gets brought to ground and somehow plays the ball quickly with the two or three tacklers still having hold of him. Unless that is just a special rule for Fifita.
We got the best out of George and Kite and we wish them the best . Time to move on . We have some young guns that are ready to fire :)

Here are the Times for Manly / Cronulla Trial Game at Remondis Stadium.
Sharks v Manly Trial
Friday, February 7
Kickoff times - NRL 7:30pm, NYC 5:30pm
Tickets (all general admission – on sale next week)
Adult - $15.00
Concession - $10.00
Junior - $7.50
Family - $35.00
Adult + 1 Junior - $20.00

HappilyManly said:
Will there be a Supporters Bus?

I am not sure HappilyManly, there should be more info. This week on the Manly Site or you could give the club a call tomorrow. The next Trial is at Brooky on a Saturday.

I know his has been discussed previously, but I don't understand why they charge $15 for a trial game.
Open the gates for crying out loud.. Surely you'd make more $$$ through canteen and beer sales to offset loss of gate takings.. not to mention the atmosphere..

Clint said:
I know his has been discussed previously, but I don't understand why they charge $15 for a trial game.
Open the gates for crying out loud.. Surely you'd make more $$$ through canteen and beer sales to offset loss of gate takings.. not to mention the atmosphere..

Wish all the Trials were on the weekend, so people working can get there without rushing. The next one is but both should be. :)

All the best to Nick Skinner with life back at Wagga Wagga. I thought he handled himself well last year when an opportunity presented itself. Certainly one of the NSW Cup players I would have liked to have seen still at the club.

Now with Richie gone we have lost the following experience

Kite - 280 + games
Joe G - 240 games
Georgie - 130 + games
Richie - 150 + games

That's 800 + games of NRL experience wiped from our front row for this season. Kingy has a lot riding on his fragile shoulders. I hope a couple of these young guys live up to the hype, or better still we unearth another BJ from Starling, Lui or Andrews. Exciting times ahead if you are a prop at Manly.

Chip and Chase said:
Now with Richie gone we have lost the following experience

Kite - 280 + games
Joe G - 240 games
Georgie - 130 + games
Richie - 150 + games

That's 800 + games of NRL experience wiped from our front row for this season. Kingy has a lot riding on his fragile shoulders. I hope a couple of these young guys live up to the hype, or better still we unearth another BJ from Starling, Lui or Andrews. Exciting times ahead if you are a prop at Manly.

Hasson is the one who must step up. He has strength and attitude, and some experience at least. His mobility is the only concern.

How's Joe's calf going? ;-) Also Beaver has the size and defence for the front row.

But seriously I think we have good up and comers ready to burn

Wouldn't surprise if Joe gets a call. Still there is BJ & Kingy starting then Luis, Starling, Andrews, Hasson, Sao, Trbojevic to fill 2 bench spots. However the loss of that brute firepower of Joe & Richie will be hard to overcome.

Then again with the rule changes quickening the pace of the game maybe its been a master stroke by 2V to replace the ageing slower props with younger faster more mobile ones.

Starling is the immediate answer. I think he can cover Richies role. Would love to see Sao get a regular bench spot. Andrews will also surprise a few people with his capabilities. Throw Hasson in the mix too. I don't think it's panic stations just yet.

If BE is right about the tweet from the NRL, Richie may still play.

mozgrame said:
If BE is right about the tweet from the NRL, Richie may still play.
Doubt it. I'd say the delay in making an announcement is more to do with working out financial aspects.

Now that Richie Fa'aoso has died should the Sea Eagles chase Mark O'Meley who has just signed with Wyong on the Central Coast?

I'd say by round six we will be seeing Beaver running out in the Manly jersey!

wombat said:
Now that Richie Fa'aoso has died should the Sea Eagles chase Mark O'Meley who has just signed with Wyong on the Central Coast?

I'd say by round six we will be seeing Beaver running out in the Manly jersey!

"Now that Richie Fa'aoso has died"

I gather that that comment was only tongue in cheek wombat but don't you think that that comment's a bit harsh in reality? Especially with the mental state that he must be in at the moment with all of the drama that he has been going through lately and the decisions that he has to make about his future.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6