Have the front row left a massive hole??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seriously Jethro that's all you've got? Nothing constructive, just having a sook because of a joke? You're as soft as the guy tough enough to hit his wife!

wombat said:
Seriously Jethro that's all you've got? Nothing constructive, just having a sook because of a joke? You're as soft as the guy tough enough to hit his wife!
I didn't see any sooking by Jethro. I only see a sensible criticism of your own post referring to the death of a player widely reported as being a self-harm risk recently due to depression – because he broke his neck throwing everything at the line to help Manly.

I guess that makes me a wife beater too.

Relax, it was only a tounge in arse joke. I don't see a problem with the front row. Gone are the days of brute strength, ala Spud, and the game is now for the fast and speedy guys, ala Lawrence. It will be exciting to watch. Cant wait. By the way, when and where is our first trial?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
wombat said:
I didn't see any sooking by Jethro. I only see a sensible criticism of your own post referring to the death of a player widely reported as being a self-harm risk recently due to depression – because he broke his neck throwing everything at the line to help Manly.

I guess that makes me a wife beater too.

Thanks for the supporting comments SER8. I knew that it had been reported somewhere recently that he was a self-harm risk and that is the reason mainly for my comment.

wombat said:
Now that Richie Fa'aoso has died should the Sea Eagles chase Mark O'Meley who has just signed with Wyong on the Central Coast?

I'd say by round six we will be seeing Beaver running out in the Manly jersey!

wombat said:

After 2 posts of the lowest quality, it seems blatantly obvious that Wombat is a troll. Why not smash him with the ban hammer?? I wish I was a mod.

Minimum 10,000 posts to be a mod

with a minimum 1 good one

Eagle Rock said:
maxta said:
Over the summer I as always learn how much I miss watching the mighty Seaeagles in action.
This gives time to evaluate the coming season...& as is the case in recent years I see our main goal to compete well up front & the world class backs will dominate the opposition.
Have the front rowers who have left a hole???....were Kite & Rose very good at driving us foward last year.
Kite has been great overall since signing & last season at times was in good form, but tbh I think he has lost a little of his hunger & drifts in & out of games but has been a super player since joining back with BK.
Big Rose was a deserved cult figure & though he is not the new age athletic footy build, was at times our biggest impact player changing the momentum of many games & imo, a little underrated in his time at Manly.
Gower...reliable but only a plodder who would only rate a poor mans Bryant up front.
All left on good terms but not gunna wish them well, once they leave Brooky they are the enemy imo, this was even the case with an old favourite Ronny Rambo Gibbs....though dont mind them doing well against other NRL sides.

Leaves the question - who will step up
Fa'aso though unpredictable was missing much of last season & his mongrel will be invaluable.
Lui, Starling, Andrews will battle hard for a shot & between them should create healthy competition for a crack at the top grade.
As usual my main faith is in Jake Trjobovic - I have rambled about him plenty in 2013 but he has all the attributes to become a Seaeagles legend, this kid will not let us down & will be part of the 17 imo.
Also include Sao who is a big unit who can hit & offload.
Recently the recruitment has had plenty of smarts in signings & retention & though we lost a few up front they have signed new young props & are about to blood some mass talents to give good faith in the 2014 season.
Lawrence Is the Best Prop there and has Speed as well. Trjobovic is another speedy Prop but for 1st grade I would play him Backrow, I don't think he is Big enough for a Prop, would love to see him Off Load the Ball more as he has a habit of Hogging. King could find it hard to get good game time this season, I don't rate him much as a player, he has been lucky, but is a Lovely Guy. Fa'aoso I would have coming off the bench, tough and plenty of mungrel. Symonds a great buy for Manly, a Roosters Junior he left to make way for Sonny Bill.

I wonder if you have ever seen Turbojet.

I ask this as he is HUGE!!!

First time i saw him close up was in Canberra last year during the warm up about 10m in front of us. The only bloke bigger in the starting side was Rose.

My worry is that he may end up too big but second row, well you may as well play him on the wing and move Cuthbo to centre

Honestly, I haven't. T.V footage can be deceptive. Do you think he could handle the front row on a regular basis?

Fluffy said:

Eagle Rock said:
maxta said:
Over the summer I as always learn how much I miss watching the mighty Seaeagles in action.
This gives time to evaluate the coming season...& as is the case in recent years I see our main goal to compete well up front & the world class backs will dominate the opposition.
Have the front rowers who have left a hole???....were Kite & Rose very good at driving us foward last year.
Kite has been great overall since signing & last season at times was in good form, but tbh I think he has lost a little of his hunger & drifts in & out of games but has been a super player since joining back with BK.
Big Rose was a deserved cult figure & though he is not the new age athletic footy build, was at times our biggest impact player changing the momentum of many games & imo, a little underrated in his time at Manly.
Gower...reliable but only a plodder who would only rate a poor mans Bryant up front.
All left on good terms but not gunna wish them well, once they leave Brooky they are the enemy imo, this was even the case with an old favourite Ronny Rambo Gibbs....though dont mind them doing well against other NRL sides.

Fa'aso though unpredictable was missing much of last season & his mongrel will be invaluable.
Lui, Starling, Andrews will battle hard for a shot & between them should create healthy competition for a crack at the top grade.
As usual my main faith is in Jake Trjobovic - I have rambled about him plenty in 2013 but he has all the attributes to become a Seaeagles legend, this kid will not let us down & will be part of the 17 imo.
Recently the recruitment has had plenty of smarts in signings & retention & though we lost a few up front they have signed new young props & are about to blood some mass talents to give good faith in the 2014 season.
Lawrence Is the Best Prop there and has Speed as well. Trjobovic is another speedy Prop but for 1st grade I would play him Backrow, I don't think he is Big enough for a Prop, would love to see him Off Load the Ball more as he has a habit of Hogging. King could find it hard to get good game time this season, I don't rate him much as a player, he has been lucky, but is a Lovely Guy. Fa'aoso I would have coming off the bench, tough and plenty of mungrel. Symonds a great buy for Manly, a Roosters Junior he left to make way for Sonny Bill.

First time i saw him close up was in Canberra last year during the warm up about 10m in front of us. The only bloke bigger in the starting side was Rose.

My worry is that he may end up too big but second row, well you may as well play him on the wing and move Cuthbo to centre

No doubt about it. Turbo will cause a sonic boom when his great eagle wings swoop on the opposition this year

Fluffy said:

Eagle Rock said:
maxta said:

I know Jake well. He is 6 ft and is around 105 kilos, he is not Huge. Lol Some of the wingers in the NRL are taller and weigh more, like Greg Inglis Outside back, 6'5, 106 kilos, Lote Tuqiri, 6'3, 105 kilos, Israel Folau, 6'5, 105 kilos, most of your wingers are solid and fast, including Jared Hayne, have a look at some of the big outside backs running around in the NRL, you can't tell nowadays who are the forwards, Gutho is too light for me, don't like his physic, he finds it hard to build muscle, a couple of opposition backs will toss him like a javelin out the field. Jake has Some speed which is his gift for a forward, but he can hog the ball too much as very rarely offloads, this is the area he should practice, keeping the ball alive, there have been missed opportunities outwide at times during games, which has been missed because he hasn't passed the ball. Speed is everything in football as you either have it or not, you can build strength but not speed.

Eagle Rock said:
... Speed is everything in football as you either have it or not, you can build strength but not speed.
No you can build speed too.
You can also add bulk, and even get taller (using either special boots or hairstyles)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Eagle Rock said:
... Speed is everything in football as you either have it or not, you can build strength but not speed.
No you can build speed too.
You can also add bulk, and even get taller (using either special boots or hairstyles)

You can improve speed slightly with technique but you are either born to run or not, just like athletes, your either a 100 meter sprinter or not, it Genetics. :)

Stevo said:
On who the biggest wannabe is? lol

Hey Stevo, what do you make of the above post by ER? I ask because you are the Genetic Benchmark, you will know about these things. LOL

ER is right I know. I'm just having a bit of fun. I can cover a hundred meters very quickly, but would come stone cold motherless last in a marathon :(

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2