Hayne Killing it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wouldn't call Tedesco beautifully balanced...he has had to do a lot of work on his poor running style to try and combat the injuries. He slips over constantly as well. Moylan is certainly a balanced runner, as is Johnson.
He may slip over, but more often than not he 'appears' next to a defender, then scoots off. Truly amazing to see :)

He may slip over, but more often than not he 'appears' next to a defender, then scoots off. Truly amazing to see :)
He is certainly playing some good football, but I am not a fan of his flash in the pan style. I think he is too rocks and diamonds to be considered an elite player. When the Tigers play the good sides, he goes missing and makes a host of errors in the process. Then he comes out against sub-par opposition and the 9 commentary team (Ray Warren and Joey Johns know his father) start carrying on and I think they've made me hate him haha.

If you think it is just the Aussies making a big deal of Hayne's debut, then think again. eg Here's the opening of ESPN's review of the game:
-------------------------------------------
Jarryd Hayne, the Australian import who is trying to make the transition to NFL player, stood out for the San Francisco 49ers in their preseason opener. He excelled as a running back, punt returner and kick returner with the second-team units. Here are some quick thoughts on the Niners’ 23-10 loss to the Texans:

A surprise player who looks amazing: An entire continent roared when Hayne put on a show. He broke off a 53-yard run from scrimmage, had punt returns of 11 and 13 yards, and also returned the second half-opening kickoff to the 26-yard line after fielding it 8 yards deep. He finished with 120 total yards (five rushes for 63 yards, two punt returns for 24 yards and one kickoff return for 33 yards).

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...ts-on-a-show-for-49ers-in-nfl-preseason-debut

------------------------------------------------------------------
He's certainly improved his chances of making the cut. Amazing, given that he was playing Rugby League around this time last year. To convert to Rugby is a big achievement, beyond most. To convert to an NFL running back/kick returner? In the words of Gus, "Wow".

Last edited:
If you think it is just the Aussies making a big deal of Hayne's debut, then think again. eg Here's the opening of ESPN's review of the game:
-------------------------------------------
Jarryd Hayne, the Australian import who is trying to make the transition to NFL player, stood out for the San Francisco 49ers in their preseason opener. He excelled as a running back, punt returner and kick returner with the second-team units. Here are some quick thoughts on the Niners’ 23-10 loss to the Texans:

A surprise player who looks amazing: An entire continent roared when Hayne put on a show. He broke off a 53-yard run from scrimmage, had punt returns of 11 and 13 yards, and also returned the second half-opening kickoff to the 26-yard line after fielding it 8 yards deep. He finished with 120 total yards (five rushes for 63 yards, two punt returns for 24 yards and one kickoff return for 33 yards).

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...ts-on-a-show-for-49ers-in-nfl-preseason-debut

------------------------------------------------------------------
He's certainly improved his chances of making the cut. Amazing, given that he was playing Rugby League around this time last year. To convert to Rugby is a big achievement, beyond most. To convert to an NFL running back/kick returner? In the words of Gus, "Wow".
They are probably two of the worst teams in the NFL this year. You take whatever story you can with them.

Yeah he did have a solid debut. The coach gave nothign away though. A smart coach wont buy into the hype.

Thought if he hadnt been knocked of balance in that run he would have gone close to scoring.

Hayne doesn't play rugby league & when he did it was for eels ,stop putting this dribble in RL threads...

Personally, I think we should be watching hayne progress closely from a RL perpective.

If he does really well, we will start seeing NFL scouts watching the clubs superstars, or you will get young americans potentially coming here to get noticed.

There is no way a NRL club could compete with the likes of NFL for contract values. Wouldn't surprise me if someone like the patriots has more coin than the NRL.

I can't stand GI and I think Hayne has better football instincts, but Inglis is a more devastating runner; probably the most devastating athlete the game of RL has ever seen...it pains me to say it because I really cannot stand him.
I am a big fan of Hayne. He is an athlete before a footy player. Is a natural on the field, very hard to coach as he just does amazing things on instinct, great footy brain and has explosive speed which you are born with, his speed can only be described as extraordinary... Because he has never lost his love of athletics. Phil Gould would always say speed is everything in NRL as you either have it or not. Hayne is living his dream and I hope he goes all the way

I am a big fan of Hayne. He is an athlete before a footy player. Is a natural on the field, very hard to coach as he just does amazing things on instinct, great footy brain and has explosive speed which you are born with, his speed can only be described as extraordinary... Because he has never lost his love of athletics. Phil Gould would always say speed is everything in NRL as you either have it or not. Hayne is living his dream and I hope he goes all the way
Hayne ran 100m in 11.20s in 2010 (with spikes on an athletics track) before he put on weight and had hamstring issues so I wouldn't go as far as extraordinary, but he is quick. Snake ran 10.2 in 2006 on grass at training in footy boots.

Personally, I think we should be watching hayne progress closely from a RL perpective.

If he does really well, we will start seeing NFL scouts watching the clubs superstars, or you will get young americans potentially coming here to get noticed.

There is no way a NRL club could compete with the likes of NFL for contract values. Wouldn't surprise me if someone like the patriots has more coin than the NRL.
NFL scouts would be better served watching u20's. More time to work them. Most NFL players start at 21 because they almost always see 4 years of college first so then the playing field would be a lot more level. You can also still see who has talent and the rest. Like Demetriou could have been a FB, but it's not an in demand position so they probably wouldn't bother. You'd probably want speed machines with good hands and guys would could play LB

Seems there's a few NFL fans here. Just out of interest, if you follow the NFL who do you support?

I follow the Philapelphia Eagles ( for obvious reasons). I've got a soft spot for the 49ers though as they're my cousins team and he got me into NFL when we were teenagers, so hoping Hayne does well.

Seems there's a few NFL fans here. Just out of interest, if you follow the NFL who do you support?

I follow the Philapelphia Eagles ( for obvious reasons). I've got a soft spot for the 49ers though as they're my cousins team and he got me into NFL when we were teenagers, so hoping Hayne does well.
Chargers! Closest team to Australia!

I dont watch alot of NFL (watch more now that its on FTA here in Aust), but am a packers fan. First NFL game I ever watched the Packers won, so i guess I bandwagoned them. o_O

My Bro is right into his NFL and is a Patriots fan, so because of that I have a soft spot for patriots.

The good thing about NFL for Hayne is that it won't require him to concentrate for 80 minutes. My biggest criticism of Hayne is that he drifts in and out of games and very rarely stays focused for 80 minutes. NFL will allow him to have a clear moment of engagement and do his thing and then switch off. He can just concentrate on those short sharp bursts of attacking brilliance, the hero plays he so keenly craves and is so good at.

By the way I'm a Vikings fan, but not a keen follower of the game these days. Last time I watched I think Warren Moon was QB

Hayne ran 100m in 11.20s in 2010 (with spikes on an athletics track) before he put on weight and had hamstring issues so I wouldn't go as far as extraordinary, but he is quick. Snake ran 10.2 in 2006 on grass at training in footy boots.

Both have speed to burn, Hayne was a national schoolboys champion in the 100-metre hurdles without even training and Brett Stewart even now with all his knee problems and with no hamstring problem would have to be still up there as the quickest at the club he has the quick explosive speed and then continues on

The good thing about NFL for Hayne is that it won't require him to concentrate for 80 minutes. My biggest criticism of Hayne is that he drifts in and out of games and very rarely stays focused for 80 minutes. NFL will allow him to have a clear moment of engagement and do his thing and then switch off. He can just concentrate on those short sharp bursts of attacking brilliance, the hero plays he so keenly craves and is so good at.

By the way I'm a Vikings fan, but not a keen follower of the game these days. Last time I watched I think Warren Moon was QB
Thats going back a bit

I follow the Buffalo Bills. Thank god Manly have made the finals for the last 10 years because the Bills sure as hell havent.

In terms of acceleration, DCE has a pretty impressive burst. Dunno what his top line speed is like but scouts for NFL are usually less interested in that and focus more on a guys ability to get going.

Straight line speed has proven to be a very poor indicator of NFL success - see the Oakland Raiders draft strategy with receivers before Al Davis died...

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6