Hayne Killing it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I find the snake time a bit dubious as that would have put him on par with our quickest 100m sprinters for the year (spikes, track, blocks, training et al) of 10.18 Patrick Johnson.

Chuck him on an athletics track plus spike and blocks and surely he would have found half a second, probably more and hold the Australian record, possibly the world record.
To be fair, the 10:18 was clocked while Snake was trying to eat a sausage roll and was getting chased by Zorba...

He wasn't interesting in being a sprinter though, he wanted to play League. The sprint coach at Manly responsible for giving that information, said at the time that Snake could train for the Olympics if he wanted to.

With a 10.2 on a footy field he wouldn't need to train, just take the week off, pop on some spike and over to the olympics for gold.

That is my point.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
This is great to watch. Really stoked for him.

It got me watching his NRL highlight real again, he's a freak. Watching them, I did notice he didn't really do that much damage to Manly compared to the other teams.

• 👍
Been offered a signed Hayne NFL ball (a mate of mine is close friends with Hayne) for $500

Seems a bit steep i think

http://www.news.com.au/sport/americ...ys-nfl-preseason/story-fnq2nnu6-1227495958171

the second video which comes on from foxsports worth watching. Check out the stiff arm in your face! NFL haven't seen that before.

Big fan of Hayne. I hope his dream comes alive, brings a big smile to see him doing so well and for an Aussie who has taken a big risk and given up so much to have to have a dig. I am sure the NRL are worried if he keeps doing well as other players who are thinking of having a go, will be taking note

Oh man, why they gotta do this...

Just temper your expectations folks. The returns, well nice and all but he won't be returning punts or kicks. There are two guys above him on the depth chart.

He's also running against the third string D again. A lot of starters were not even allowed to play by their teams because the field there is dodge.

Just everyone take a breath a settle down...
Don't tell us to take a breath, Loobs, tell the Americans. The American commentator said Hayne is THE story of the preseason. They're suggesting Hayne was taken off after his punt returns because he's become too valuable to risk.

Using your arguments, everyone should have ignored Turbo's form in the NYC. This is an amazing story, and who knows just where it will lead?

I never wanted to cheer for Hayne even in the SOO.

Now it looks like I have to cheer him if he makes the cut.

Damn! The niners have been my team since the mid-eighties early nineties with Joe Montana and Steve Young as QB's along with Jerry Rice as Wide Receiver and Ronny Lott at Safety.

I even suffered through the Jeff Garcia QB and Terrell Owens WR years.

Naw - only joking like to see him make the cut and do a good job for the niner's. Having said that I would have staked my eye teeth on him being a practice squad player maybe making a special teams punt returner for a low level (Detroit Lions) or such like.

But good on him.

Go niners.

Don't tell us to take a breath, Loobs, tell the Americans. The American commentator said Hayne is THE story of the preseason. They're suggesting Hayne was taken off after his punt returns because he's become too valuable to risk.

Using your arguments, everyone should have ignored Turbo's form in the NYC. This is an amazing story, and who knows just where it will lead?
Hayne was taken off punt returns (first quarter), then returned in the third as an RB, where he played against their 3/4th string D.

C'mon dude, really? He was getting the ball from Blaine Gabbert in the third quarter. That says EVERYTHING!

And he is probably the story of the 49'ers pre-season because the other stories are:

- One of their best rookies last year retiring because he doesn't want to get brain damage from concussions
- One of their best defenders getting arrested again and sacked
- Their field is terrible and people are scared to play on it
- Their team looks crap and is no chance in their div

This is only a story because it's preseason and no real games have started. Most of the stars of the league haven't even played a down yet! Once the season proper starts, **** gets real, fast.

Credit it to him for getting this far and doing well in the situations he's been given but look at pre-season games for what they actually are.

People act like at the end of the 4th game, his jersey will be retired and he'll go straight to the hall of fame.

Let's see how he goes against Seattle's top D...

Credit it to him for getting this far and doing well in the situations he's been given but look at pre-season games for what they actually are.

People act like at the end of the 4th game, his jersey will be retired and he'll go straight to the hall of fame.

Let's see how he goes against Seattle's top D...
In fairness he wasn't just in the game he made game high stats

I'm sure the other blokes he's duking out for third best with had a few carries too

Been offered a signed Hayne NFL ball (a mate of mine is close friends with Hayne) for $500

Seems a bit steep i think

If he scores a touchdown in a proper game then it'll look like a bargain. However you have to wonder how many of these signed balls your mate is offloading to supplement Jarryds income.

Jarryd Hayne train continues to rumble for 49ers

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- If once is a flash, does twice make it a trend? Jarryd Hayne, the Australian rugby star attempting to cross over as an NFL player, again impressed as a punt returner and running back for the San Francisco 49ers. Here are some quick thoughts on the 49ers' 23-6 preseason defeat of the Dallas Cowboys at Levi’s Stadium:

A surprise player who looks amazing: The Jarryd Hayne Show continued. A week after the Australian rugby star accounted for 120 total yards in Houston, Hayne returned three punts for 84 yards, with each return eliciting more oohs and ahhs. His first punt return, though, was especially epic in that he made like Willie Mays with an over-the-shoulder catch before bringing it back 27 yards. He also had eight carries for 54 yards while flashing his stiff-arm to Cowboys safety Jeff Heath in the open field on a 23-yard run to the left. So, in two preseason games, the Aussie has 258 total yards, averaging 9.0 yards per carry, 21.6 yards per punt return and 33.0 yards per kickoff return.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francis...ryd-hayne-train-continues-to-rumble-for-49ers

Jarryd Hayne train continues to rumble for 49ers

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- If once is a flash, does twice make it a trend? Jarryd Hayne, the Australian rugby star attempting to cross over as an NFL player, again impressed as a punt returner and running back for the San Francisco 49ers. Here are some quick thoughts on the 49ers' 23-6 preseason defeat of the Dallas Cowboys at Levi’s Stadium:

A surprise player who looks amazing: The Jarryd Hayne Show continued. A week after the Australian rugby star accounted for 120 total yards in Houston, Hayne returned three punts for 84 yards, with each return eliciting more oohs and ahhs. His first punt return, though, was especially epic in that he made like Willie Mays with an over-the-shoulder catch before bringing it back 27 yards. He also had eight carries for 54 yards while flashing his stiff-arm to Cowboys safety Jeff Heath in the open field on a 23-yard run to the left. So, in two preseason games, the Aussie has 258 total yards, averaging 9.0 yards per carry, 21.6 yards per punt return and 33.0 yards per kickoff return.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francis...ryd-hayne-train-continues-to-rumble-for-49ers
Like to see him get some 1st quarter action next game to get a better read on the RB part.

• 🤝
What Hayne is doing is fantastic. He is a natural. He has had to get used to the heavy gear, helmet very quickly and its the biggest news story in the NFL. Players over there aren't used to the quick step, the palm etc., they are so used to running straight. He has all the extra skills from the NRL to achieve his dream and his speed. Go for Jarryd ! Show those Yank Tanks you're a superstar "Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi"

Inglis is double the athlete. The difference is Hayne had the balls to get out of his comfort zone and give it a go.

As much as I disliked Hayne as a human on the footy field, all credit to him on doing what he's doing. Absolutely amazing impact in such a short space of time.

Hayne is a much better athlete than Inglis. Both supreme. But Hayne has guile, evasiveness, strength, acceleration and vision. Inglis is more brute strength. He also has a nice swerve, but doesn't have the acceleration of Hayne.

This is awesome to watch. How could you not pull for a guy that gave it up here to go over there and is making a huge fist of it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8