Hayne Killing it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Rex

Bencher
Who was the dude who played one game on the wing for the Knights, I think, who was supposed to have been an NFL player at one time. He was useless, and I think it turned out he may not have actually ever been an NFL player.
EDIT: Found him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Smith_(rugby_league)
Thank you. Greg Smith. Couldn't remember the name.

Greg Smith was reported by Phil Rothfield of the Telegraph as the worst ever rugby league signing in a scoop revealing his misrepresented past. He played just one NRL game - for the Knights against the Bulldogs. He managed to turn, virtually single-handedly, a comprehensive victory by the Knights into a shattering loss.

After the game, the Telegraph apparently reported that he falsely convinced coach Warren Ryan that he played professional NFL football with the Philadelphia Eagles. Here is the apology from Phil Rothfield:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...433401343?sv=6fa5d22afae787df1887db948d480799

Thank you to Manly haters Warren Ryan, Phil Rothfield and the Telegraph for a real good laugh.

Last edited:
Interesting how we call NFL, Gridiron, but Americans don't.
They say American football,
(Or just football) the same as we would say, Australian football, etc.

Rex

Bencher
Interesting how we call NFL, Gridiron, but Americans don't.
They say American football,
(Or just football) the same as we would say, Australian football, etc.
They only use the term gridiron to refer to the field (and only in a poetic sense).

Yet the governing body of the sport here is Gridiron Australia. Obviously "American Football" isn't marketable here, much like "Australian Rules" wouldn't be marketable overseas.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
They only use the term gridiron to refer to the field (and only in a poetic sense).

Yet the governing body of the sport here is Gridiron Australia. Obviously "American Football" isn't marketable here, much like "Australian Rules" wouldn't be marketable overseas.
It's just football over there, which is stupid because out of all the footballs, American Football has the least amount of foot.

It's just football over there, which is stupid because out of all the footballs, American Football has the least amount of foot.
True.
In Darwin there's a mix of AFL & NRL following. If I refer to RL as footy, AFL fans say,
"Derrr, that's not footy, that's Rugby"
And on it goes.

Brookie Brawler

Reserve Grader

...except of course for touch football, in which the only time the foot actually comes in contact with the ball is during a tap restart.

I am banned from these because I fumble it about 50% of the time.

• 😆
Reactions: Rex

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
...except of course for touch football, in which the only time the foot actually comes in contact with the ball is during a tap restart.

I am banned from these because I fumble it about 50% of the time.
Don't worry - I remember a commonwealth cup game back in the 90's, went for a quick tap, open pastures ahead except I tried that little kick restart and in my excitement at the guaranteed try awaiting me, chipped it about a metre and half in front and then flailed hopelessly at it and ended up spilling it. Knock on. We lost the game too.

KOMORI

Born and bred an Eagle
So from what I can gather, if the 49'rs don't offer him an actual squad position but only a training roster position, he is effectively a free agent? So other clubs can pinch him if he doesn't get a proper gig right?

KOMORI

Born and bred an Eagle
Correct

He'll play somewhere

When John madden endorses you you've made it
Well good on him then. I've always appreciated his sheer talent but that was tempered by that blue and gold jersey... He's a uniquely talented athlete and deserves to do well in chasing his dream.

He's probably done well enough to be picked on what he's shown thus far, but his value as a "new toy" and the Australian market benefits he will bring almost assure him a contract..

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12
11 5 6 -88 12