Hayne quits Parra to pursue NFL career

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HE’S no Hayne Plane, but Parramatta have secured the services of former Brisbane and Canberra Raiders fullback Reece Robinson for the 2015 season.

The Eels formalised the deal with Robinson last weekend - prior to learning of the bombshell decision by Jarryd Hayne to quit the NRL to follow his dream of playing NFL in the US.

Shoe1 said:
Loobs said:
Good thing is though that now Parra can pay Choc every cent

He can't realistically cut it in the NFL. I'm assuming he'd be a tight end. He has no idea how to read a defence, run routes, nothing. You can't just learn it in an offseason either because there is a fresh crop of college guys coming out who know how to do everything better than he will ever know.

Practice squad pay is 80,000 a year which is probably the best he can hope for at this point. And none of their contracts are guaranteed beyond a signing bonus. Very strange move...

I reckon you're right. He'll be so bored & probably lost at sea trying to run interference, rarely handling the ball, block guys. A cog in a machine rather than a creative force. I s'pose it is worth the money though if he gets signed.

Blocking in itself is an artform. I also don't know how he handle getting lit up by a safety or linebacker. Players here get hit quit reasonably - usually front on, you can brace for the contact, etc. Tackling in the NFL is a totally different beast.

"But Hayne was adamant: “I’m done (with rugby league). We need to move on,” he said."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/jarryd-hayne-quits-parramatta-eels-for-nfl/story-fndujljl-1227091016304

The statement above is what I'm personally feeling about the NRL right now, there's too much controversy. The game has changed for the worse, it's wrestle mania, it's refs are getting worse, players movements are becoming much more regular. It's all about the dollars.

Utility Player said:
The Indian said:
Parra also have Sandow coming off contract after next year too and have Sandows big $$$$
Sandow is going to the NFL as well.

As a kicking tee.

Better watch out that Hodkinson doesn't run up to him and scribble some kids name on his forehead.

Kevinward777 said:
Harry said:
Mail out of Penrith suggesting Matt Moylan will replace Jarryd Hayne in Australian Four Nations squad

You get a lot of mail. Should change your username to the Postman.

Dead letter office?

:angel:

Frogz said:
HE’S no Hayne Plane, but Parramatta have secured the services of former Brisbane and Canberra Raiders fullback Reece Robinson for the 2015 season.

The Eels formalised the deal with Robinson last weekend - prior to learning of the bombshell decision by Jarryd Hayne to quit the NRL to follow his dream of playing NFL in the US.

Prior...... dunno about that!

Wow, that is big news and i wish him all the best.

He is my favourite non-Manly player and i will miss him as a rugby league fan. As someone who hates parra - ha ha ha ha.....

He said he has no contracts or offers, he is just going over to see if he can get a spot to train and then try his hand at getting a go for their next season. He will know in 12 months if he can make it or not.

Considering he will be 27 in February next year, it will be a hard job to try and break into american football at any level.

I can see him giving it a shot (would LOVE for him to make it) but coming back for the 2016 season back to parra, which of course means the nrl will give them special salary cap dispensation and parra will be loaded with stars by then.

What does this mean to any player that may want to sign up as fullback? If Hayne does come back, he will slot straight back in and whoever they sign will be moved to another position.

There's Josh Hoffman looking for a club and of course Brett is being chased hard by Canberra. Either of these guys sign with parra, it could mean a shift to the wing or so if he comes back.

Maybe parra might just put Hopoate back there.

Interesting times but i will be keeping an ear out for any Hayne news regarding his dream.

I think he has been one of the best players over the last decade and was one of the few non-Manly players that i looked forward to see play.

All the best Jarryd. Follow your dream!

Queensland just went in from $2.50 to $1.65 to win Origin 2015

PS: I just made that up BUT it would be about right

I support Hayne's decision to pack it in and try something else, but note the difference in Parra's treatment of somebody else who'd had 'enough' and didn't have his 'heart' in it anymore, mid-contract.

Hamster Huey said:
I support Hayne's decision to pack it in and try something else, but note the difference in Parra's treatment of somebody else who'd had 'enough' and didn't have his 'heart' in it anymore, mid-contract.

I think this is drawing a short straw HH, he's leaving the game and going to the US.

It WOULD have been different if he announced he was quitting mid contract and joining another NRL team.

Really what does Parramatta do, say he can't go???

Hamster Huey said:

Noted they had no issues with him leaving not to play against them.

Fluffy said:
Hamster Huey said:

Noted they had no issues with him leaving not to play against them.

Hey Fluffy, can you give me a LIKE, that will bring your all time Likes to 5 and I would be honoured to be the recipient of 1 of just 5 likes in 14,000 posts.....oh come on you know you want to!!

THE NRL have expressed their disappointment in Jarryd Hayne’s decision to leave the game to pursue his dream of playing in the NFL.

NRL CEO Dave Smith says he, like every rugby league fan is upset the game will no longer feature one of its best players but takes solace in the fact that money had no bearing on Hayne’s decision.

“This is one of those clear cut cases where I would have been happy to use my marquee player discretion to try to keep Jarryd in the NRL,” Smith said.

“In fact, I was in contact with Jarryd, his manager and the Eels management last night and this morning to see if there was anything we could do to keep him in the game.

“But Jarryd has a dream and he deserves the chance to pursue that dream.

“He is a gifted athlete who has been a wonderful asset for Rugby League and we wish him well in his next challenge.”

Smith also revealed that Hayne would certainly be welcome back if things don’t pan out in America.

“In the meantime, I have no doubt new stars will come through the ranks to replace those leaving the game,” he said.

“One of the great things about the NRL is that there is always exciting new talent coming through the ranks to become the superstars of the future.”

bones said:
THE NRL have expressed their disappointment in Jarryd Hayne’s decision to leave the game to pursue his dream of playing in the NFL.

NRL CEO Dave Smith says he, like every rugby league fan is upset the game will no longer feature one of its best players but takes solace in the fact that money had no bearing on Hayne’s decision.

“This is one of those clear cut cases where I would have been happy to use my marquee player discretion to try to keep Jarryd in the NRL,” Smith said.

“In fact, I was in contact with Jarryd, his manager and the Eels management last night and this morning to see if there was anything we could do to keep him in the game.

“But Jarryd has a dream and he deserves the chance to pursue that dream.

“He is a gifted athlete who has been a wonderful asset for Rugby League and we wish him well in his next challenge.”

Smith also revealed that Hayne would certainly be welcome back if things don’t pan out in America.

“In the meantime, I have no doubt new stars will come through the ranks to replace those leaving the game,” he said.

“One of the great things about the NRL is that there is always exciting new talent coming through the ranks to become the superstars of the future.”

So players who leave for the cash should not be able to access the marquee player allowance or allowed any dispensation if they return.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4