Hayne quits Parra to pursue NFL career

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Like his motzy, don't like his chances.. He willl be back at Parra in 2015.

Would be a bit player in any pro football franchise, if he got there.

maybe we should look over there for a forward?

Nothing like a fast running 140kg behemoth bearing down on ya!

Anyway, I was wondering after the announcement if any aussie journo was going to try and ask the seahawks what they thought of...or even if they knew of Hayne.

leave it to the kiwis!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11343040

Just for fun - the great 'disgruntled', Snake and Choc spit dummies and sign with eels due to a tarzans-grip like bond formed with Arthur in 2013.
Hayne comes back a month into the 2015 season after trialling and failing in the states.
The NRL deliver him to the bulldogs as a marquee player, exempt from the cap.
This would work nicely for Toddy.
Actually the way the Nrl's going these days it could happen.:rolleyes:

globaleagle said:
maybe we should look over there for a forward?

Nothing like a fast running 140kg behemoth bearing down on ya!

Anyway, I was wondering after the announcement if any aussie journo was going to try and ask the seahawks what they thought of...or even if they knew of Hayne.

leave it to the kiwis!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11343040

Interesting....

"I'm afraid to mention anything because I'm not sure of the rights things and contract issues down there........."

Pressed about Hayne, Carroll said: "I don't think I'm able to talk about that."

"We couldn't talk about a player on another (NFL) team, so I don't want to mess it up. But it's a pretty exciting thought."

Not like the free for all here when players are under contract but are continually linked to other clubs when they still have two years to go on their current contract.

I've got to give it to Hayne for doing something completely out of the box.
Going to union or AFL would have been just another eye-roll.
But NFL?
Hilariously original.
Good on him.

This is great. Watch the video.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/what-the-fox/nfl-st-louis-rams-special-teams-bamboozle-seattle-seahawks/story-fnn4peyo-1227095855639

bones said:
This is great. Watch the video.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/what-the-fox/nfl-st-louis-rams-special-teams-bamboozle-seattle-seahawks/story-fnn4peyo-1227095855639

Even the camera man is flummoxed!!! Great play. On the pass from punter, I'm surprised more plays ouside the safe options, aren't attempted. Watching some college ball you can see a few passes per play, but the big boys rarely stray from the script. It's what stops it being a must-watch sport, for me.

Foxnews website reported, Hayne leaves Sydney airport. Today it's Hayne lands in LAX.
That was to be expected.
I'm in US at the moment visiting the Mrs mob.
As you would guess, Americans know little about Rugby League,(not their game) but are interested when told.
Was at Princeton University, NJ, & noticed they had Rugby League "H" style goalposts there.
I'm guessing they play Union there.

wedgetail eagle said:
Was at Princeton University, NJ, & noticed they had Rugby League "H" style goalposts there.

Quite often (over here) they are that shape as they can also double as soccer goals.

So the one field can be used for american football, soccer, union, and tiddlywinks.

^ No problemo.

Wouldn't it be nice if all these sporting journo's and especially the rugby league ones, would write just as glowing reports about our game and our stars, as they have been doing about someone not fulling the last year of a contract and defecting to another sport!!!

Now - not that I really mind hayne going for it in another 'non competing' sport but these journos seems to be continuing their love affair for what is essentially a star player leaving the game they so 'dearly love.'

Maybe I just haven't seen all reports. But keep it up if you wish guys.....just how about being more positive next year rather than living in the gutter spewing out rumours, innuendos, and the usual agenda driven drivel dictated by whatever old boy network you happen to be attached to.

Hey look....a unicorn!

wedgetail eagle said:

A number of the so-called "Ivy League" schools such as Princeton, Yale, Harvard etc all generally have a yawnion program. Its something that is slowly catching on over there.

Unless you're involved in league in the US, most wouldn't even know what it is.

I heard on the news he has hired a camera crew to record his attempt to get into NFL.

A bit of a poser if you ask me.

Speaking of NFL didn't the Denver Broncos give it to the Niners on Sunday. Ouch!

The NRL and journo's try to grow the games footprint via a star who has left...and is trying nfl.......

This is the way the Union do it...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11349068

The All Blacks, flat whites and the haka are set to make a splash in the United States this week as New Zealand gets air time with some of the country's biggest news networks in the build-up to the weekend match against the USA Eagles.

The men in black will take on the US team in front of nearly 62,000 fans at the sold out Soldier Field in Chicago on Sunday morning (NZT) - a record-breaking ticket seller for rugby union in the vast country.

We couldn't even get a game in china.

Cant help but think we are run by totally inept amateurs.

The whole parra team are going to Seattle now. Good luck to them I'm sure they'll all make it.

globaleagle said:
The NRL and journo's try to grow the games footprint via a star who has left...and is trying nfl.......

This is the way the Union do it...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11349068

The All Blacks, flat whites and the haka are set to make a splash in the United States this week as New Zealand gets air time with some of the country's biggest news networks in the build-up to the weekend match against the USA Eagles.

The men in black will take on the US team in front of nearly 62,000 fans at the sold out Soldier Field in Chicago on Sunday morning (NZT) - a record-breaking ticket seller for rugby union in the vast country.

We couldn't even get a game in china.

Cant help but think we are run by totally inept amateurs.

Exactly, the NRL/RLIF could do so much more to promote the game overseas and they don't even care. Any country that follows Rugby could easily follow League. Take South Africa as an example, they live and breathe Rugby. When I was there a few years back I spoke to a few people who were every interested in the game.

47K fans watched the League Internationals on the weekend and they were were saying that this was an impressive crowd that turned up. Ha, ha. Rugby is starting to get noticed in the USA. Now is the time for the NRL to act, on the back of Hayne, play some games over there and promote the game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8