Health update

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes I know not football related but a few have been interested so here it is.

I’ve just concluded 7 weeks of radiation treatment ( daily ) , whilst it’s only 12 minutes long it’s a 35 minute drive each way , 10 minutes pre treatment wait and various nurse / doctor meetings every few days.

So , I haven’t been able to do anything much for almost 2 months.

The treatment was aimed directly around where my Prostate used to be as some cancer cells were still evident in that region.

Getting them BEFORE they jump out anywhere else was critical.

After you have a Prostatectomy your PSA reading should be zero , mine started at 0.40, then kept going up each three months ( last one it had climbed to almost 1.0) so this is when they discovered there was still cancer in my body.

Fingers crossed my next PSA test in January will see the figure going down , then I’ll be tested each month until March at which point it should be zero.

If it’s not changing we go to the next step , but let’s hope not as that’s apparently pretty horrendous.

Thanks to those that have asked among the way how I’ve been going.

Hopefully I’ll be back firing on all 8 cylinders in 2023.
Stay strong Mark .We are all here for you and with you mate, best wishes buddy, you got this👍

I’ve just concluded 7 weeks of radiation treatment ( daily ) , whilst it’s only 12 minutes long it’s a 35 minute drive each way , 10 minutes pre treatment wait and various nurse / doctor meetings every few days.

The treatment was aimed directly around where my Prostate used to be as some cancer cells were still evident in that region.

After you have a Prostatectomy your PSA reading should be zero , mine started at 0.40, then kept going up each three months ( last one it had climbed to almost 1.0) so this is when they discovered there was still cancer in my body.

Fingers crossed my next PSA test in January will see the figure going down , then I’ll be tested each month until March at which point it should be zero.

If it’s not changing we go to the next step , but let’s hope not as that’s apparently pretty horrendous.

Keep fighting champion!

Just like the the Sea Eagles I reckon.

I am surprised how often I think of you and at those times I always send good vibes your way.

I find this a little strange for someone I have never met face to face. But that doesn't really matter I guess, we are both on the maroon and white team, and i am on team Mark with this personal battle.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the update Mark and am thinking of you. Well done on your positivity and wishing you all the best.

Let's hope 2023 is not only successful for our team but also very successful for you personally.

Keep the positive mindset and hope 2023 is a better year for you health wise.

Manly making the top 8 also would be nice bonus as well.

Only known you for a short while, even if it's only behind a key board. Looking forward to more critical analysis ( gezz I'm full of s...) from you in 2023. In the mean time kick this sucker to the curb !!

Just found out that I have go in on Tuesday for a triple heart bypass.
No symtpoms whatsoever, no chest pains no shortness of breath, I knew I had a couple of partially blocked arteries from a previous CAT scan, cardiologist said it was not a real concern as I passed the numerous stress tests that I underwent over the past three years, still walked 10k steps a day, but something was nagging me in the back of my head as my father dropped dead in front of me at age 48, and my brother having a couple of stents put in when he was in his fifties.
I asked the cardiologist for an angiogram, as I wanted to alleviate my fears of being a ticking time bomb, it's a procedure where they put a scope up one of your arteries and have a look around, just a few minutes into the scan, cardiologist said, "nup that's it, you need a bypass".
So there you go, I remember Steve Folks and Graham Murray, and even a Manly friend of mine, Uwe Behrens, all dropping dead unexpectedly.
So guys, keep on getting tested, none of us a bulletproof.

No symtpoms whatsoever, no chest pains no shortness of breath, I knew I had a couple of partially blocked arteries from a previous CAT scan, cardiologist said it was not a real concern as I passed the numerous stress tests that I underwent over the past three years, still walked 10k steps a day, but something was nagging me in the back of my head as my father dropped dead in front of me at age 48, and my brother having a couple of stents put in when he was in his fifties.
I asked the cardiologist for an angiogram, as I wanted to alleviate my fears of being a ticking time bomb, it's a procedure where they put a scope up one of your arteries and have a look around, just a few minutes into the scan, cardiologist said, "nup that's it, you need a bypass".
So there you go, I remember Steve Folks and Graham Murray, and even a Manly friend of mine, Uwe Behrens, all dropping dead unexpectedly.
All the best for your upcoming operation. And bloody good work for not ignoring that feeling that something may not be quite right.

All the best Peter, and thanks for sharing. The surgeons do amazing things these days, so you shouldn't need too much luck, but good luck anyway.

Take care mate , the medicos are great these days.

Good luck mate, really good results nowadays. I too asked my cardiologist for an angiogram, to alleviate my concerns. Had passed all the tests. Luckily could get 1 stent in whilst they were in there.

Mate of mine had a stress test on a wed and died three times on the Thursday.

Very lucky to be alive.

Hope your bypass goes well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4