Help Needed - 1953 team picture

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
Hi All,
I wonder if anyone can help?

I’ve been looking on behalf of a gentleman to get him a copy of a team picture of the 1953 squad without success.

His father Rex Bailey played for us that year.

There is not one on the wall of the Leagues Club, the usual sources like FC archives, Narrabeen, Kerry Sibraa, Zorba, NRL archives, Melba Studios, Sean Fagan, Bludog, Spook and Sidey have all drawn a blank.

I’m in contact with David Middleton who is trying to help but it looks like we’ll need to spread the net a little wider.

Rex is apparently not too well and I get the impression that his son would like to get a copy sooner rather than later...

So, if you have a copy or know of anyone who had family/friends or who may have played in that team or you have any memorabilia from that period that features the team and/or Rex Bailey I'd love to hear from you?

Please email me at [email protected]

Any help much appreciated so please let me know soonest?

I'll take a look tomorrow bob, can get you some leads for the Manly library local studies collection, Mitchell library, old manly daily issues (began 1906?), whatever league journals were around in 53 etc.

Thanks guys.
We checked the Eagle has landed and also the E.E. Christensen annual covering 1953 and even had someone with programs from 1953 but they had no team photos's.

I was under the impression the NSWRL had all the team photos from each season? I'm guessing you've been there, but thought I'd mention it.

Email sent Vid - no immediate luck, but have sent you some potential leads that you can pass on.

Thanks to everyone for the help - Shoe, got your email and some great links - Thanks.
Peter - great blast from the past there but no 1953 unfortunately!

Am still looking so will keep you updated with any change

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8