Hoppa - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
RE: leave the hoppas alone

' Just another symptom of a society where truth and honesty are not taught to kids where you can throw away honesty like you throw away a McDonalds wrapper.'

And this coming from such a religious family. And people are wondering why a lot of us are becoming fed up with organised religion!!! If he comes to my house I want him to explain this to me...

You would have to think the club didnt know on Monday as I doubt they would have paraded him on manly beach with kitey and Vic showing off their GF rings.

I agree he either shoud have announced it when the deal was done or wait a week or two. Honesty is not a strong point in any religion.

Having said that don't take it out on Hoppa Jnr, I would not under estimate the pressure that would have been placed on him by others.

Given he won't be at Parra until another 2 years why was there any rush? My only beef with Hoppa is that the timing of his announcment has despoiled our celebrations of winning the GF. He should have been a man like Ronnie Gibbs and told everyone upfront months ago or waited until November.

If going to play under Kearney was a big part of his reason then presumably it says in the contract that if Kearney goes then Hoppa is free to go.

If anyone thinks any current NRL coach is still gonna be in the same gig in 2014 they are kidding themselves. Kearney or any other 2012 NRL coach could be gone by June 2012 for all anyone knows.

RE: Have you heard why Hoppa moved to Parra?

How can Hoppa go door knocking for donations when everyone knows he has signed a huge $ contract? You would have thought the church would have preferred him to not announce any signing for 2014.

Its sad he's gone but at least he has gone to a team that wont be a premiership rival any time soon.

The amount of cash Parra throw at players who string together a few good games in unbelievable...Sandow...Mortimer....Hopoate. They smack of desperation and for every Hoppa they get ( and he is still a little unproven ) they will end up with lemons like Mortimer and a soon to be lemon in Sandow.

Panic buying from a panicked club with a CEO and coach both hanging on by their fingernails.

bones said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Just heard tosser Osbourne say Will wanted to be part of what they are building at Parra lol

With Osbourne and Hoppa there..... that will probably be a temple.

Maybe it's their new grandstand at the southern end of It Doesn't Matta Stadium?

Maybe they're actually going to put the big screen in a position where it can be seen by people watching the game.

north coast eagle said:
[I used to be family counsellor and I can tell you their are a lot families with nine kids who live happy, well adjusted lives on low incomes. If the Hopoates can't do this on the large amounts of money Manly were offering then the extra that Parramatta were offering wont make any difference. The" I did it for my family" excuse for greed just doesnt hold water in most cases. It is usually about pure self interest and more often than not results in damaging family relationships rather than streghtening families.

Your post is opinionated, inaccurate, unscientific, morally bankrupt and self righteous. I suggest you look closer to home before labelling decent and loyal people wankers or " a goose."

Good post. The thing that got me about the original post was that Hoppa needed the $850,000 a year to look after his family. If reports are true Manly was offering him $500,000 a season.

Now if $500,000 a year isn't enough to look after a family in the finest style then I'm flabbergasted (RIP Moose).

Why bag Parramatta? They've done nothing wrong, most people here forget about the players we're signed from them. Unfortunately it's a result of the club being succesful and the salary cap.

The only issue is that hoppa told people he was staying when he knew he wasn't. And if he also said (which I doubt it) was to play under coach Kearney is another bit of BS as we have the best coach in the NRL.

Hey Guys

Well Done on winning the premiership! Congrats

Was hopping warriors won but that's just me but got to admit was on of the best GF ever.

Now just to say Hoppa's dad is not on our coaching staff thats 1

number 2 his deal wasnot 800K alone as we lured his brother Jamil (as well from you guys) and the both combined are 800K

Okay Byee =)

I'm ok with the kid leaving, I've vented any frustration in previous posts, admittedly some of which sailed very close to (or surpassed) the edge of what is acceptable.

Will's departure just leaves more money for others. It would be disappointing however if the Club were deliberately kept in the dark of his true intentions for much of that period. A period where we could have completely factored out trying to re-sign him, and instead concentrated on others who apparently all want to stay - i.e extending DCE's contract, Mein Buhrer (did you see the Buhrer the Fuhrer sign?), Georgie, Oldfield, Robinson, Bloodnut Harrison, Vic, Whare, Fully Lussick etc.

RE: Hey Guys

Then it seems like he has gone for unders. Two different players and positions. I know Jamil was on our books, but from what I understand he was in a position that was not going to open up too early for us.

TBH it is a shame he went, but you can't keep them all and its a $1m dollar gamble for 2 years down the track when god know what has happened.

Des and Crusher have shown what can happen in two years, and by that stage we could be building toward another premiership with a different team

Hey Parramatta eel - guess what you have won a trophy since 1986 and you won't be winning another one anytime soon.

Byee=)

Gee guys - the vitriol is mind-blowing.

The kid helped us win a premiership.

He is moving on to conduct himself in missionary work and when or if he comes back to footy it will probably be with p/matta.

To Hoppa Senior - hope the coaching job goes well.

To Hoppa Junior - hope you enjoy the next two years and if God is willing I hope you come back and take up your rugby league career and become a champion.

I for one am sorry you are leaving but can understand you don't throw those kind of bucks back at your time of life.

Thanks for the good year in 2011 little Hoppa.

To the fans and members of this forum - enjoy the win and stop focusing on the few negatives. (I do not want to offend anyone by this post but if I did - so be it. Settle down and enjoy what the team has accomplished and lets look forward to next year basking in the glory of a Sea Eagles win.)

Guys is that really necessary? There wasn't anything spiteful in the post, they were just informing us and I say fair enough

Dan

Why bag Parra?

Simply because this is just such a ridiculous deal for them, especially when you see all the terrific ex-Parra players staring in other teams because Parra didn't have the nous to retain them. Yet they spend $850,000 on an outside back who can't even play for them for two years.

How much do you think Hayne will want when his contract expires?

Parra's incompetence is laughable. Parra should be very competitive each season with their massive junior nursery, yet there is something seriously wrong with their culture.

The vitriol is sad to be honest. Its just a game, just a football club, and just a player.
If someone offered me a 100% pay rise to change jobs, to hell with loyalty I would be all over it.

Sometimes the immaturity and insanity on these boards is cringe worthy

ParramattaEel said:
Well Done on winning the premiership! Congrats

Was hopping warriors won but that's just me but got to admit was on of the best GF ever.

Now just to say Hoppa's dad is not on our coaching staff thats 1

number 2 his deal wasnot 800K alone as we lured his brother Jamil (as well from you guys) and the both combined are 800K

Okay Byee =)

1. You can have him

2.$1.6mill then, wouldn't you have preferred for your club spend that money on say raiding the u20s warriors by grabbing 4-5 of them

Byee =)

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10