How can the boys do it??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan link said:
[quote author=Matt K link=topic=186909.msg324836#msg324836 date=1300575965]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=186909.msg324689#msg324689 date=1300522610]
How can the boys do it?

They can't, and won't.

Which of these players would make The Roosters side?
Robinson
Mauro
Seu Seu
Cherry-Evans
Buhrer
Harrison
T Williams

7 players lining up. Why put this on channel 9 for goodness sakes. Throw it on Fox.
Very odd call- have seen many teams with a better side on paper lose - could have said the same  about the Bulldogs team that smashed us in the 95 Gf - maybe 3 or 4 of them would have made the Seaeagles lineup.
Have you heard of a POD = Profit Of Doom.
[/quote]

I'm just saying it how it is. We are a shambles from Graham Lowe down. In fact, I'd be happy if we went crazy, and:-

+ Attained a new young innovative pro-active CEO;
+ Brought in Wayne Bennett for next year.

Personally, I think Dessie (as much as I love him) is too friendly with his players nowadays.

We need some ruthlessness and tough decision makers at the club.

And a major sponsor.
[/quote]
I always respect your passion Ryan, but now you're talking about jettisoning Dessie after only one loss, he probably coaches Manly for less money cause he loves the joint.
Just for the record I agree with "some" of your thoughts on club issues. Most of our problems stem from a lack of $$$$ and you being from a banking background must find this very frustrating, the club's been to hell and back after 2008...Don't forget, you wouldn't appreciate the highs without the Lowe's ;)

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=186909.msg324838#msg324838 date=1300576231]
How can the boys do it?

They can't, and won't.

Robinson
Mauro
Seu Seu
Cherry-Evans
Buhrer
Harrison
T Williams

7 players lining up. Why put this on channel 9 for goodness sakes. Throw it on Fox.
Very odd call- have seen many teams with a better side on paper lose - could have said the same  about the Bulldogs team that smashed us in the 95 Gf - maybe 3 or 4 of them would have made the Seaeagles lineup.
[/quote]

I'm just saying it how it is. We are a shambles from Graham Lowe down. In fact, I'd be happy if we went crazy, and:-

Personally, I think Dessie (as much as I love him) is too friendly with his players nowadays.

And a major sponsor.
[/quote]
I always respect your passion Ryan, but now you're talking about jettisoning Dessie after only one loss, he probably coaches Manly for less money cause he loves the joint.
Just for the record I agree with "some" of your thoughts on club issues. Most of our problems stem from a lack of $$$$ and you being from a banking background must find this very frustrating, the club's been to hell and back after 2008...Don't forget, you wouldn't appreciate the highs without the Lowe's ;)
[/quote]

I dunno mate, would you knock back Bennett if he put his hand up to come here? Personally for mine, Dessies systems have been a "little" obsolete since 2008.

I'd point you to Bellamy - regardless of the players and the situations - they play well (would have finished higher than us last year, too). Bellamy knows that the game changes, and changes his systems to boot.

He brought in wrestling, which made his team a success, then it was outlawed. He brought in  up tempo defence, which saw his team dominate, and he was successful. He brought in backs on the bench for a time, and that seemed successful.

Dessie just hasn't changed his game plan for mine.

Love him, and think he's a wonderful coach - don't get me wrong. Then again, I have heard young players complain about him. I have also heard that he is too friendly with his established players.

The club as a whole is in a state of complacency, because I believe it is about a job well done in 2008.

Again, Dessie is awesome, but maybe something needs to change?

Ryan link said:
[quote author=manlyborn link=topic=186909.msg324872#msg324872 date=1300582068]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=186909.msg324838#msg324838 date=1300576231]
How can the boys do it?

They can't, and won't.

Robinson
Mauro
Seu Seu
Cherry-Evans
Buhrer
Harrison
T Williams

Very odd call- have seen many teams with a better side on paper lose - could have said the same  about the Bulldogs team that smashed us in the 95 Gf - maybe 3 or 4 of them would have made the Seaeagles lineup.
[/quote]

And a major sponsor.
[/quote]
[/quote]

I dunno mate, would you knock back Bennett if he put his hand up to come here? Personally for mine, Dessies systems have been a "little" obsolete since 2008.

I'd point you to Bellamy - regardless of the players and the situations - they play well (would have finished higher than us last year, too). Bellamy knows that the game changes, and changes his systems to boot.

He brought in wrestling, which made his team a success, then it was outlawed. He brought in  up tempo defence, which saw his team dominate, and he was successful. He brought in backs on the bench for a time, and that seemed successful.

Dessie just hasn't changed his game plan for mine.

Love him, and think he's a wonderful coach - don't get me wrong. Then again, I have heard young players complain about him. I have also heard that he is too friendly with his established players.

The club as a whole is in a state of complacency, because I believe it is about a job well done in 2008.

Again, Dessie is awesome, but maybe something needs to change?
[/quote]

Wow, i just dont get it sometimes ryan. The top of this post is terrible but the bottom is darn good. I suppose we all have rocks and diamonds at times. when you go out of your way to explain your rationale its a good read, thought provoking stuff and then other times you just kick the door down. Ah well. Ill give credit when its due. Nice stuff

Hey Ryan i'll be down in Sept to share that schooie with ya mate. YEEEEEEEEHHHAAAAAAA. I could smell an upset.

mickqld link said:
Hey Ryan i'll be down in Sept to share that schooie with ya mate. YEEEEEEEEHHHAAAAAAA. I could smell an upset.

Mate, PM me your mobile. I will shout you one night of free beer, as promised. Stay in touch.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7